ContextMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ContextMedia Interview Questions

Interviews at ContextMedia

3.2

Advertising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. 30 min phone Interview- casual, fun get to know you type
    3. In person interview with staff- did not help with travel expense because of "small business size"
    4. In person interview with CEO

Interview Questions

The position description did not match the expectations.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Found the opportunity through a headhunter. Fairly quick turnarounds but then constant radio silences and unprofessionalism in terms of communicating with candidates. It felt like a 'game' where CM would take 3 days to get back to me and ignore my calls - how frustrating. Then they would out of the blue suggest times like 10PM or midnight (no typo) asking if I can come in that day. I made it to the final round where I ultimately met with the CEO but eventually turned down. Should a CEO really waste his time vetting candidates when they're trying to ramp up and scale quickly?

I guess it wasn't meant to be but I had doubts coming in anyways. From what I hear and read they're running a boiler room operation at CM - don't believe everything your eyes and ears tell you - they will compare themselves to tech giants and success stories like Google and Facebook - DO YOUR RESEARCH

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I entered the interview process after being contacted by an external recruiter about the open position. After trying to get an interview scheduled for several days, the person who was supposed to interview me over the phone never called. After an apology, they asked to reschedule, and failed to call again. Finally, I managed to speak over the phone for a pre-screen that was fairly standard, although the interview lasted twice as long as was scheduled. We scheduled another phone interview so that I could ask some additional questions about the technology stack and some additional business details regarding the position itself. After confirming the interview twice, I was stood up for an interview for a third time.

Days later, the external recruiter who originally contacted me called me to say that ContextMedia had decided to go in a different direction with a different background, the skill set of which was less compatible with the original job description.

To sum up, I was stood up for three interviews and never given the courtesy of a personal call or email from ContextMedia. Of all of the many, many interviewing experiences I have had (most of them with companies far more established, reputable, and prestigious than ContextMedia), this was EASILY the worst. If any of the work at ContextMedia is in any way represented by the hiring process, the company is disorganized, inconsiderate, and has a disproportionate opinion of itself and its ambitions.

If anyone I knew were to tell me that they were going to interview with ContextMedia, I would urge them to reconsider lest they see their time wasted.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you are looking for in your next position?   Answer Question

Media Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia in August 2016.

Interview

Learned about the position through a staffing agency who organized a phone interview between me and a senior team member. After asking me for my availability, they apparently changed their mind about wanting to interview me, went radio silent, and a week later came back and decided to schedule something.

When it finally happened, the phone interview was extremely formal and cold. Not to mention, started 10 minutes late without any acknowledgment or apology. The interviewer didn't take anytime getting to know me but rather fired off constant questions with no feedback or responses. Unlike a typical 30 minute phone screen, it felt more like a second or third round interview with pretty detailed, rigorous questions.

The next day, I was told they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. A week passed and I was never contacted to schedule anything. After following up, they finally told me that they had once again, changed their minds and had decided not to bring me in.

Overall an extremely unpleasant and unprofessional experience. The fact that they changed their mind on me not once, but twice, was in my opinion, pretty rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about producing a piece on congenital heart disease?   Answer Question

ContextMedia Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Dear candidate,
    We are sorry to hear about your interview and phone screen experience, we strive to create a great candidate experience, but obviously you didn't feel that way. Thank you for your... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ContextMedia (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. She was very easy to talk to. Overall, I was a little intimidated but she kept me feeling comfortable. We small talked first about how our weeks were going before she began asking more interview questions. The interview questions maintained the easygoing conversation we were having before.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process at CM does take a bit longer. However when I realized this process, I it's very important to make the most out of each part of the process. They interview this many times for a reason and it's in the candidates best interest to realize this and make the most out of it. This company is very focused on morale and culture and care A LOT about keeping their employees happy. The company has SO many amazing people who work for them, associate with them and it is incredible to really get to meet so many different people.

Take advantage of companies that DO interview more because it will only work towards your advantage. I used this process to interview the Context Media employees and really get to know them, what they do on a day to day basis as well as figuring out what their culture was and whether or not I would fit in.

Remember, if you are taking the time to interview outside of your company - chances are you are not happy with your current employer. Take advantage of the time with CM and really make it worth your while to understand who they are and what you can bring to the table to be Amazing at the role you are interviewing for!

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty average/challenging interview questions - however the process was much more comfortable and relaxing. I enjoyed really getting to know more about the company, team and role while I was interviewing rather than stressing about specific questions I would be asked.

Be sure to be yourself and to connect with everyone you interview with! Just remember each of the employees/senior management are all human and want to get to know you just as much as you want to get to know them!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise negotiating if you feel strongly about it. The HR and Sr. Management team are amazing and will definitely not short you any money if they feel you are a good fit for their company and will bring a lot to the table.

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for the job and heard back in less than 24 hours to schedule a phone screen. Gave my availability and scheduled a time. Waited and waited. The recruiter never called. I emailed to be sure everything was okay and offered a time to reschedule and never heard back. The position is still posted. Not a big deal if I'm not the right fit for the position, but please at least respect my time and have the courtesy to reply to my email.

Senior Management Interview

Interview

I interviewed with members of the executive team through two separate face-to-face interviews. After the second set of interviews, there was zero follow-up. No email, no phone call. I myself have done thousands of interviews for companies and truly know the importance of how the experience a candidate has with your company can translate either very positively or negatively through word of mouth. I've never had this experience understand that Context Media is a successful company but what needs to be understood is that your brand is terribly tarnished when you treat anyone this way during the recruiting process. Everyone deserves respect, regardless of the role, and regardless of your decision to extend an offer or not. This company should feel ashamed, especially since this was their leadership at the helm driving this process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ContextMedia (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I chat with few employees on a meetup and with VP of Engineering. Then I send over the resume and got quick 3h technical interview within 3 business days, following interview with non technical people a couple of days later.
    Interview process went smooth, during that I confirmed that I would like to work at ContextMedia and also I saw that people that I will work with are great fit and are passionate about the opportunity they have and also that everyone see the vision that ContextMedia targets for in future.
    Technical questions were around my experience with software development and QA teams and software product lifecycle. There was white-boarding code (algorithm) challenge.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience and user's experience in applications.
      Interviewers were presenting problems which they had or encountering everyday and asked for how I would deal with them.   Answer Question

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ContextMedia (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Four rounds, five people, 17 days from first in-person to offer. Two in-person, two video call rounds. I seem to be on the shorter side in terms of days all of my rounds took, but the number of rounds and people involved is/was typical. Everyone I spoke with was high-ranking, all the way up to the Chief of Staff for my final round, and included people from different (but related) departments within the company.