Conti Enterprises Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email for 1st round interview on Apr 3rd, and overall had 3 interviews before receiving a reject email. This whole process took almost 2 months, and they started interviewing people when they are still waiting on project bidding. Pretty much the same questions, repeat again and again. Personally think the 3rd interview is unnecessary and is redundant. Wait time is way too long.
The questions are mostly regarding what you did, very general.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in heavy civil industry, tell me a little bit about what your job responsibilities are   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Conti Enterprises

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the field engineer position, but obtained the project engineer position. The people that conducted the interviews are great people. Conti has really great people overall, but a poor work-life balance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was 30 minute phone interview which included basic HR questions like " walk me through your resume, why did you apply for this post, describe your work experience , likes and dislikes about your work , difficulties in the work, describe a project you've worked on , what were the challenges of the project and how did you overcome it"

Interview Questions

• description of work experience and how coped up with it   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises in March 2014.

Interview

They conduct a job fair in the town. I go there, interviewed by 4 persons. One of the them was hr, and rest of them are engineers.

Interview Questions

• They just need to learn about your experience, if you are experienced. The nature of work you can perform, each and everything.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was good, so i accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises (Edison, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview asking very basic behavior questions. Why do you want to work for The Conti Group? Why do you want to work in heavy civil? They are very interested in group work situations so have examples of that. After phone interview they invite you on site for 3 hour long interviews. 1 focuses on leadership, one focuses on group work, and the last focuses on technical skills. 2 interviewers for each interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you encountered a technical problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • What did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises (Edison, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start. Basic questions from HR asking about my experience and goals. That interview was pretty basic to see if I could go to the next round. Next round was in the headquarters with 2 employees who asked situation questions and how I would react in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit, which would you be?   1 Answer
    • Why is a man hole cover round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not bad.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises.

Interview

Relatively generic interview process. Review of resume in full detail, questions about interest in the position/company, questions about myself, how I heard about the company. In person interviews were group interviews. Phone and Skype interviews were one on one. Employees were enthusiastic about the company itself, what it has to offer, and the direction it is heading.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • If there was one thing that you could improve about yourself, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to re-apply for a position upon their recommendation. Was contacted to set up a phone interview. Also asked to complete 3 online assessments, 1 was intelligence test (some math & literacy) and 2 on personality. Phone interview consisted of questions regarding past experiences, both work and academics. Describe a time when you worked in a group setting? Was there conflict? How did you deal with it? Received email that I made it past the phone interview and schedules a time for in-person interview. Ask to complete additional online personality assessments in the interim. Headquarter interviews: several other candidates were scheduled that day. Very organized rotation of interviews. Interviewed by 3 different groups consisting of 2 interviewers, each about 45 minutes. Each group focused on something different.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group setting? Was there conflict? If so, how did you deal with it? What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

100% travel. Not willing to possibly relocate at this time.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conti Enterprises in July 2010.

Interview

I was called by several employees at Conti, each at different times with different questions spanning the entire gamut of possible themes: why did I select my major? why was I working where I worked? what interested me about construction? what did I hope to gain from my future employment experience? etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will succeed in our line of construction?   1 Answer