Continental Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Continental Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Hub Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was very professional and good the interviewers were very good the skills test was a little hard but I passed the drug test was good the back round was good and the hole process was nice

Interview Questions

• had tou worked in the industry before   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 stage interview process, progressing from line mechanic, lead mechanic and supervisor, and finally management. Went over basic mechanic responsibilities and experience, general discussion on problem solving techniques with challenge to relate to real world experiences, again based on actual past issues with emphasis on how they were overcome! Review training and line experience.

Interview Questions

• Again, problem solving techniques, emphasis on employee to employee working relationships.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiations as this was a union contract that required adherence to the contract terms.

Airplane Pilot Or Copilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The best way to get an interview is to be recommended by an active Continental, (now United), Pilot. There are minimum qualifications required for resume's and applications to be accepted and reviewed, and these vary from time to time. Currently a new pilot applicant must have at least a Commercial Pilot's License, Multi-Engine, Instrument ratings, a First Class Medical certificate, and a minimum of 2,500 hours of flight time, with a minimum amount of that time being logged as "Pilot in command". A 4 year college degree is also preferred, but not absolutely required. Military experience is a plus, but many non military pilots are hired. Once called for an initial interview, you will receive a physical exam from a company doctor. You will be interviewed by an HR person first, then a pilot review panel. You may be asked to fly in an aircraft simulator to demonstrate skill levels during certain instrument approaches or emergency conditions. Following this process, which may take two to three days, you will be sent home to await a possible phone call and offer of employment, which will include a class training date, where you will join about 20 other "new hire" pilots in a two month training course. Every new pilot serves a 1 year probationary period during which they are not protected by the union, and could be fired for cause at any time. Following this first year the job is much more secure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you believe you will make an excellent pilot for our company for the next 30 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations in this business as a line pilot. Salaries and job requirements are negotiated and set in stone. You are a seniority number here.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

After having a telephone interview I was sent an email asking me to fly into Houston, TX for an all day interview. I was flown out from California and placed into a meeting room with about 50 other canadates. There was a small orentation followed by a 1:1 interview. I was asked to come have lunch and come back for a 2nd interview. After I was asked to sit with 2 head of personnels/CEO. Offered to join and start training class in 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied to the company website. Contacted almost a month and a half later.
    Offered choices of dates to fly to Houston to personally interview.
    No phone questions.

Arrived at group interview in the am with about 70 candidates.
    As I approached the interviewer, she looked straight at me and said
    Flatly, nothing special...

I was floored and astounded how absolutely rude she was.
    Interviewed with a gentlemen who was also short and very impersonable.

Asked to come.back for second face.to face interview. Using the star method,
    Answered questions well, I thought. Same astoundingly rude lady interviewed me.

She asked.me if I thought I was a good fit for the company and I thought.
    Not really, I'm not an ***hole.

Do not work here, these people think their primadonnas.
    They forgot how to treat people.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a fit for the culture at CO.   1 Answer

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Although I had been a 10 year employee with Continental the interviewer wanted face to face customer service experience which I didn't have. I really had to work hard to persuade him that I was a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by human resources who administered a 30 min phone interview. Following day was contacted for a face to face. Two weeks later contacted for a second/final interview. Hiring Manager was very polite. Process time was average for a hiring process. Hiring Manager asked general, "what makes you the best fit for this position, how do you handle stress, etc...." They waited for compensation results which I was told is tailored to individual's experience, education and ability. For an airline, compensation is going to be relatively low compared to other industries. End result I was not offered position, likely because of my experience, Master's degree and certification, probably couldn't justify my hiring over what revenue would be driven by the position. I knew this before I applied, had a friend working there who quit to make 75% of what average PMs make so I was naturally assume they pay less than that. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situational problem and describe how you thought of a solution, communicated it, implemented it and what were the results of that decision.   1 Answer

Technology Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on phone for 30 minutes about my experience .After 10 days I was said that I would need to attend an face to face interview and was called to houston . The moment I entered the interview hall, I was given a list of programming assignments and I did them well. I was given with a decision in 10 days. I was selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no options for negotiations and I was pretty comfortable with everything there.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

for the first 20 minutes they are talking about the company and yourself just a little bit. Final 40 minutes is based on a booklet that they have and they are asking bunch of "Zingers". I was not prepared and I was quite sure that I could not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that your technical knowledge was not adequate to solve a problem that you have faced   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Overall very easy interview and was approved for transfer. Bad part is, there are no jobs available for transfer. Basic questions, helps to just read a basic interview book so you don't panic with questions you haven't thought of. Most interview books will have most of the questions they'll be asking. If your here already it's 1:1. When I started here over 10 years ago, it was a group interview, much like inflight. Then they weed you out and then it goes to 1:1. When I first started at CAL it took awhile for the hiring. Sent in my resume and play the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Airport/ASA?   Answer Question
    • Give a difficult customer service situation that was not resolved. What happened?   Answer Question