Continental Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 stage interview process, progressing from line mechanic, lead mechanic and supervisor, and finally management. Went over basic mechanic responsibilities and experience, general discussion on problem solving techniques with challenge to relate to real world experiences, again based on actual past issues with emphasis on how they were overcome! Review training and line experience.

Interview Questions

• Again, problem solving techniques, emphasis on employee to employee working relationships.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiations as this was a union contract that required adherence to the contract terms.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

for the first 20 minutes they are talking about the company and yourself just a little bit. Final 40 minutes is based on a booklet that they have and they are asking bunch of "Zingers". I was not prepared and I was quite sure that I could not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that your technical knowledge was not adequate to solve a problem that you have faced   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

Started with HR phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then onsite inerview

Better offer

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

interview process was via a panel; jobs were posted internally and externally

Interview Questions

• discuss a how you handled a difficult boss   1 Answer

Airplane Pilot Or Copilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The best way to get an interview is to be recommended by an active Continental, (now United), Pilot. There are minimum qualifications required for resume's and applications to be accepted and reviewed, and these vary from time to time. Currently a new pilot applicant must have at least a Commercial Pilot's License, Multi-Engine, Instrument ratings, a First Class Medical certificate, and a minimum of 2,500 hours of flight time, with a minimum amount of that time being logged as "Pilot in command". A 4 year college degree is also preferred, but not absolutely required. Military experience is a plus, but many non military pilots are hired. Once called for an initial interview, you will receive a physical exam from a company doctor. You will be interviewed by an HR person first, then a pilot review panel. You may be asked to fly in an aircraft simulator to demonstrate skill levels during certain instrument approaches or emergency conditions. Following this process, which may take two to three days, you will be sent home to await a possible phone call and offer of employment, which will include a class training date, where you will join about 20 other "new hire" pilots in a two month training course. Every new pilot serves a 1 year probationary period during which they are not protected by the union, and could be fired for cause at any time. Following this first year the job is much more secure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you believe you will make an excellent pilot for our company for the next 30 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations in this business as a line pilot. Salaries and job requirements are negotiated and set in stone. You are a seniority number here.

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Although I had been a 10 year employee with Continental the interviewer wanted face to face customer service experience which I didn't have. I really had to work hard to persuade him that I was a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Overall very easy interview and was approved for transfer. Bad part is, there are no jobs available for transfer. Basic questions, helps to just read a basic interview book so you don't panic with questions you haven't thought of. Most interview books will have most of the questions they'll be asking. If your here already it's 1:1. When I started here over 10 years ago, it was a group interview, much like inflight. Then they weed you out and then it goes to 1:1. When I first started at CAL it took awhile for the hiring. Sent in my resume and play the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Airport/ASA?   Answer Question
    • Give a difficult customer service situation that was not resolved. What happened?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

While my interview for this position was farther back than 2009 I had to do this for the site's requirement. When I interviewed they performed this STAR interview process which includes Situation, Task, Action, Result. Everyone interviews by this standard and it is more of a "fill in the blank" process for us. If we simply have something on paper to show that the person fulfilled these requirements they are in. Realistically, we already know who we are going to hire but for the Affirmative Action aspect of our hiring we must have documentation to show that we did not discriminate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We have a grade level system that does not allow negotiations. It is very similar to government employment.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Just simple HR questions and some stuff about resume. I guess I did well but had limited experience for the position.