Continental Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continental Airlines Interview Questions

3.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The process was fairly easy. Interviewers were always watching us. There was a group session, where we worked together as a group and were asked to tell something about another individual from the group.

Interview Questions

• How will your past work experiences benefit you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied to the company website. Contacted almost a month and a half later.
    Offered choices of dates to fly to Houston to personally interview.
    No phone questions.

Arrived at group interview in the am with about 70 candidates.
    As I approached the interviewer, she looked straight at me and said
    Flatly, nothing special...

I was floored and astounded how absolutely rude she was.
    Interviewed with a gentlemen who was also short and very impersonable.

Asked to come.back for second face.to face interview. Using the star method,
    Answered questions well, I thought. Same astoundingly rude lady interviewed me.

She asked.me if I thought I was a good fit for the company and I thought.
    Not really, I'm not an ***hole.

Do not work here, these people think their primadonnas.
    They forgot how to treat people.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a fit for the culture at CO.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by human resources who administered a 30 min phone interview. Following day was contacted for a face to face. Two weeks later contacted for a second/final interview. Hiring Manager was very polite. Process time was average for a hiring process. Hiring Manager asked general, "what makes you the best fit for this position, how do you handle stress, etc...." They waited for compensation results which I was told is tailored to individual's experience, education and ability. For an airline, compensation is going to be relatively low compared to other industries. End result I was not offered position, likely because of my experience, Master's degree and certification, probably couldn't justify my hiring over what revenue would be driven by the position. I knew this before I applied, had a friend working there who quit to make 75% of what average PMs make so I was naturally assume they pay less than that. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situational problem and describe how you thought of a solution, communicated it, implemented it and what were the results of that decision.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

for the first 20 minutes they are talking about the company and yourself just a little bit. Final 40 minutes is based on a booklet that they have and they are asking bunch of "Zingers". I was not prepared and I was quite sure that I could not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that your technical knowledge was not adequate to solve a problem that you have faced   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Overall very easy interview and was approved for transfer. Bad part is, there are no jobs available for transfer. Basic questions, helps to just read a basic interview book so you don't panic with questions you haven't thought of. Most interview books will have most of the questions they'll be asking. If your here already it's 1:1. When I started here over 10 years ago, it was a group interview, much like inflight. Then they weed you out and then it goes to 1:1. When I first started at CAL it took awhile for the hiring. Sent in my resume and play the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Airport/ASA?   Answer Question
    • Give a difficult customer service situation that was not resolved. What happened?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Group / Panel interview.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Just simple HR questions and some stuff about resume. I guess I did well but had limited experience for the position.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental Airlines.

Interview

I received an invitation to interview in Houston several months after filling out their online application. It began with a brief video and orientation. Afterwards, we were called one by one for our interviews. Everyone was friendly and did their best to make us feel comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, but it was a good experience just the same.

Interview Questions

• None of them were terribly unexpected. I would say the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines in October 2011.

Interview

After the 1 on 1 interview, I was told I would hear something in 2 weeks. I knew then that I was not going to be offered a job. Another applicant was told to take the shuttle to the airport but not tell anyone that she was to come back that afternoon for another interview.