Continental Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hub Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was very professional and good the interviewers were very good the skills test was a little hard but I passed the drug test was good the back round was good and the hole process was nice

Interview Questions

• had tou worked in the industry before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Columbus, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job last week I received a confirmation email and today which is feb 8 I was offers to do the hirevue interview has anyone ever did the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Dropped off resume and got a phone call the following day to come in for an interview. On interview day had a f2f with one of the supervisors she asked a couple of simple questions and I got hired on the spot. Very smooth and easy process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Continental?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 stage interview process, progressing from line mechanic, lead mechanic and supervisor, and finally management. Went over basic mechanic responsibilities and experience, general discussion on problem solving techniques with challenge to relate to real world experiences, again based on actual past issues with emphasis on how they were overcome! Review training and line experience.

Interview Questions

• Again, problem solving techniques, emphasis on employee to employee working relationships.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiations as this was a union contract that required adherence to the contract terms.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The process was fairly easy. Interviewers were always watching us. There was a group session, where we worked together as a group and were asked to tell something about another individual from the group.

Interview Questions

• How will your past work experiences benefit you for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

interview process was via a panel; jobs were posted internally and externally

Interview Questions

• discuss a how you handled a difficult boss   1 Answer

Intern, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Everyone was very personable, professional, business attire a must to be seriously considered for employment.

Interview Questions

• Expect to answer questions in the fashion of what you can do for them; not what they can do for you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Two week process. Pleasant. They will call your references.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines.

Interview

The job is posted on company intranet. You submit your resume through resumix and hope they call. Go to the interview, and two of the supervisors interview you with the standard structured interview. Questions like "What was one of the most difficult things you ever had to deal with at your last job?"

Negotiation

No salary negotiation offered - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Newark, NJ).

Interview

There are multiple phases in a single day for some and spread out over multiple days for others. Then if you make it you are invited to 6 week long initial training. That is the intense part.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was union regulated.

Airplane Pilot Or Copilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The best way to get an interview is to be recommended by an active Continental, (now United), Pilot. There are minimum qualifications required for resume's and applications to be accepted and reviewed, and these vary from time to time. Currently a new pilot applicant must have at least a Commercial Pilot's License, Multi-Engine, Instrument ratings, a First Class Medical certificate, and a minimum of 2,500 hours of flight time, with a minimum amount of that time being logged as "Pilot in command". A 4 year college degree is also preferred, but not absolutely required. Military experience is a plus, but many non military pilots are hired. Once called for an initial interview, you will receive a physical exam from a company doctor. You will be interviewed by an HR person first, then a pilot review panel. You may be asked to fly in an aircraft simulator to demonstrate skill levels during certain instrument approaches or emergency conditions. Following this process, which may take two to three days, you will be sent home to await a possible phone call and offer of employment, which will include a class training date, where you will join about 20 other "new hire" pilots in a two month training course. Every new pilot serves a 1 year probationary period during which they are not protected by the union, and could be fired for cause at any time. Following this first year the job is much more secure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you believe you will make an excellent pilot for our company for the next 30 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations in this business as a line pilot. Salaries and job requirements are negotiated and set in stone. You are a seniority number here.