Continental Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continental Airlines Interview Questions

2.7

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

After having a telephone interview I was sent an email asking me to fly into Houston, TX for an all day interview. I was flown out from California and placed into a meeting room with about 50 other canadates. There was a small orentation followed by a 1:1 interview. I was asked to come have lunch and come back for a 2nd interview. After I was asked to sit with 2 head of personnels/CEO. Offered to join and start training class in 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied to the company website. Contacted almost a month and a half later.
    Offered choices of dates to fly to Houston to personally interview.
    No phone questions.

Arrived at group interview in the am with about 70 candidates.
    As I approached the interviewer, she looked straight at me and said
    Flatly, nothing special...

I was floored and astounded how absolutely rude she was.
    Interviewed with a gentlemen who was also short and very impersonable.

Asked to come.back for second face.to face interview. Using the star method,
    Answered questions well, I thought. Same astoundingly rude lady interviewed me.

She asked.me if I thought I was a good fit for the company and I thought.
    Not really, I'm not an ***hole.

Do not work here, these people think their primadonnas.
    They forgot how to treat people.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a fit for the culture at CO.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Cleveland, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

There were multiple questions all in the STAR behavioral interview process. Give situation, task, actions, and results for each question. There were approximately 6 or 7 questions and you had 2 teams of 2 interviewers, that re-asked the same questions but phrased them differently. If you are not familiar with behavior based interviewing it could be hard...

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had a challenging work situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Although I had been a 10 year employee with Continental the interviewer wanted face to face customer service experience which I didn't have. I really had to work hard to persuade him that I was a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by human resources who administered a 30 min phone interview. Following day was contacted for a face to face. Two weeks later contacted for a second/final interview. Hiring Manager was very polite. Process time was average for a hiring process. Hiring Manager asked general, "what makes you the best fit for this position, how do you handle stress, etc...." They waited for compensation results which I was told is tailored to individual's experience, education and ability. For an airline, compensation is going to be relatively low compared to other industries. End result I was not offered position, likely because of my experience, Master's degree and certification, probably couldn't justify my hiring over what revenue would be driven by the position. I knew this before I applied, had a friend working there who quit to make 75% of what average PMs make so I was naturally assume they pay less than that. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situational problem and describe how you thought of a solution, communicated it, implemented it and what were the results of that decision.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent - Ramp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Norfolk, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

I saw postings on Continental's website for part-time and full-time positions in Norfolk for the ramp. I applied and recieved a call from HR about a week later. The HR rep was very nice and kept things pretty informal. She went through the basic qualifications, work history, and disqualifiers. Basically to confirm that you are eligible for the position and if you're a good fit. She said she would forward her notes to her supervisor and give me a call later in the week. She called me back 2 days later to confirm that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. An email was sent to me that day with all instructions, paperwork, etc.

Sit down interview was the following Tuesday @ the Norfolk Airport in a conference room. I was being looked at for the part-time position, which there were 4 spots. 6 people were there including myself. They sat us all down and give the basic presentation with benefits info, job description, duties, company history etc. They they called us in 1 by 1 for the sit down. The sit down included 1 HR rep from Newark and the local station manager. It was pretty straight forward. Read questions directly off a sheet and took notes as you talked. After the 5 questions or so, they went over your resume one last time and opened the table for your questions. Everyone was very nice and kept me relaxed. Was told they will be contacting successful candidates by phone by the end of the week. (interview was today 6/22/2010).

Hope to hear back from them.

EDIT: Continental called me today (6/23/2010) extending an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a specific situation where you were aware of ethic wrong-doing. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any time you were placed in a leadership position on the spot. What were your initial thoughts? How did everything turn out? Would you have liked to stay in that position knowing what you knew after the fact?   Answer Question

Technology Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on phone for 30 minutes about my experience .After 10 days I was said that I would need to attend an face to face interview and was called to houston . The moment I entered the interview hall, I was given a list of programming assignments and I did them well. I was given with a decision in 10 days. I was selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no options for negotiations and I was pretty comfortable with everything there.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

for the first 20 minutes they are talking about the company and yourself just a little bit. Final 40 minutes is based on a booklet that they have and they are asking bunch of "Zingers". I was not prepared and I was quite sure that I could not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that your technical knowledge was not adequate to solve a problem that you have faced   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Overall very easy interview and was approved for transfer. Bad part is, there are no jobs available for transfer. Basic questions, helps to just read a basic interview book so you don't panic with questions you haven't thought of. Most interview books will have most of the questions they'll be asking. If your here already it's 1:1. When I started here over 10 years ago, it was a group interview, much like inflight. Then they weed you out and then it goes to 1:1. When I first started at CAL it took awhile for the hiring. Sent in my resume and play the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Airport/ASA?   Answer Question
    • Give a difficult customer service situation that was not resolved. What happened?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Group / Panel interview.