Continental Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process for flight attendant is a grueling process and no job offer is made until you pass all of your tests during the training process. A successful initial interview is no promise of a job. Failure of any the many tests during the multi week interview process results in your expulsion. I got to the last week, and had successfully passed all the skills test for evacuation procedures when I was asked to leave, and found myself totally unemployed because I had to leave my previous job in order to go through the training the airline offered. They are rulthess in releasing you as well. The instructors are also flight attendants, and they tend to pick favorite students and can be hard on others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself--the killer question!!   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of something you have done that shows me how you deliver good customer service--not what you WOULD do   1 Answer

It was mutual. I lost a job with another Airline because participated in the interview process.

Car Ramp Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Newark, NJ) in May 2009.

Interview

Online resume netting with manager 15 min 10 year back ground check

Negotiation

None

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Just simple HR questions and some stuff about resume. I guess I did well but had limited experience for the position.

Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

The usual questions were ask the organization and planning of the interview was good.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness and why would you be a good ft for this company.   Answer Question

Structures Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1 or 2 managers during interview. It was nice and fluid

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

While my interview for this position was farther back than 2009 I had to do this for the site's requirement. When I interviewed they performed this STAR interview process which includes Situation, Task, Action, Result. Everyone interviews by this standard and it is more of a "fill in the blank" process for us. If we simply have something on paper to show that the person fulfilled these requirements they are in. Realistically, we already know who we are going to hire but for the Affirmative Action aspect of our hiring we must have documentation to show that we did not discriminate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We have a grade level system that does not allow negotiations. It is very similar to government employment.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Usual HR first interview. Second interview was pretty cool, no technical questions (surprising for an engineering job).

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Cargo Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Newark, NJ) in May 2008.

Interview

Applied online through the Continental website and received a call for an interview a few days after. The interview took place at Newark Liberty International Airport, and I arrived early. I was ushered with 10-12 other candidates to a small breakroom and waited several hours after my appointed time. Each of us was given some paperwork to fill out while we waited. I was dropped off at the location and several people complained about the added charge for their parking for waiting so long. Continental didn't validate parking to my knowledge.

I was finally brought to an office for a one-on-one interview which was pretty quick and simple. Basically, I was told about the job responsibilities and some questions about myself. I was offered the position that day pending a drug test, physical and background check. I returned to do the drug screening and physical. The physical isn't too hard if you're in good health with average build. If you have knee, shoulder, or back problems you will have difficulty passing this test. After the background check cleared me, I was scheduled for training about a week after my interview. Overall a bearable interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work 24 hours a day everyday even on weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continental Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

Got contacted in October, quick phone interview. Then my first interview in a professional conference on November. After that contacted again in March invited for a round of interviews with 4 managers never the hiring manager. After a week, hiring manager call to present offer. After 24 hours, I accepted. Got hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major challenge you faced and how do you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simply & short phone negotiation