Continental Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continental Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

I met some of the recruiters at the career fair, where they right away asked me technical questions. The following day, I received an email to set up a phone interview for the following week.
They seem very passionate about their careers and organized. They asked mostly technical questions regarding embedded systems and past projects. Be sure to know basic C programming concepts and several microcontroller peripherals.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the difference between pass by value and pass by reference.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental in March 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call out of the blue a month after applying saying they would like to set up an interview next week. Set up a video interview with one of the engineers through H.R. It was a very casual interview with most of the questions being about my experience level. By the end of that week they told me that i had got the internship. The following month and a half was going back and forth with H.R. to do a drug test and fill out forms.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with linux?
      Have you coded in C before?
      Have you ever set up a testbench?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Detroit, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

1 telephonic behavioral interview by manager
    1 video technical interview --> manager & technical lead
    1 HR
    The interviewers were very polite and asked good questions.
    For behavioral, the questions were a bit tricky like situation questions, teamwork.
    Technical interview was straight about resume and project experience. Just making sure you know what you say! Some basic questions here and there. Tools experience, CAN, C, vector CANoe, programming experience, project discussion,etc

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

It was pretty basic just mostly personal chat about myself and information about the company. This was a basic assessment on personality with a minor amount of logical exercises. Don't know what else to say.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you solved a problem creatively?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Iaşi (Romania)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and it was composed of: a technical test, a technical interview, an HR interviews. The first test was on the computer in their company office. The question was from C language and microcontrollers.

Interview Questions

• Memory alignment, Bits operations, FSM function implementation, PWM generation. All applications were coded in C.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with the HR and then had a Skype interview with 2 engineers (manager and mentor). First one had focused on my skills, background, behavioural questions. 2nd one was half behavioural and half technical.