Continental Principal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continental Principal Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

1.5

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Long story short - it was nothing but comedy circus.
Okay now the long story. Firstly I was not local to Singapore.
I had telephonic a week before F2F interview. Then schedules for F2F week later.

Interview day - worst experience. No technical questions. There was lady (very courteous and good open discussion) and architect in the panel. Just questions on my previous projects. Before I could complete the explanation , there were few more questions. Which i was answering patiently. Next round HR walked in later. Few usual HR questions as to what my interests and plans were. IMO they were thinking that I was desperate for offer which I was not. So they came with opinion that they can offer anything and i will accept. IMO East Asia mindset/culture is import SW folks from other countries for cheap (because local candidates wont join for that salary) and make them work 12+ hours. its like modern day blue collared SLAVERY- its open secret some may not agree with these comments but this is closest to truth.

Coming back to my story :-), Two days later I was offered position of SW engineer. the offer letter stated that I should respond within next day on acceptance. The salary was obviously low even below their own standards , I think people in continental who decide salary stack just live on freebies or coupons that they don't even know reality or cost of living in Singapore. I rejected the offer within 4 hours time , it took so much time for me to reject the offer because I was traveling and didn't have access to network.

If you want to kill time - attend interview or if you want to meet some funny people who pretend to look as if they are NASA scientists obviously which they are not and will never be in their life. For me the whole process was a big joke. This company in SG works with 19th century corporate practices for 21st century products.

I am not writing this out of anger or frustration - please read comments from others before coming to conclusion. Good luck to all who rejected their offer letters at Continental SG, for other who accepted the offer letter consult good doctor for good laxative.

IMPORTANT: If you are outstation candidates this company doesn't even pay $$ for any interview travel expenses except cheapest to/fro air travel which is less than 100 SGD. All the expenses should be taken care by candidate.

Interview Questions

• its not question but one of suggestion from HR panel, you are single you can live with friends not much expensive here in Singapore..   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental in February 2007.

Interview

just asked me to explain some work that I have done. worked contract-to-perm.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have.   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave so many other jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

just met my existing salary. pay a little below norm.