Continental Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Continental Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Had an onsite technical interview. They went over the past project experiences and the challenges faced in previous jobs. They also ask what kind of role I was looking for?

Interview Questions

• Have you used any other programming language other than C?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from HR, Scheduled a Phone Screen. Given a problem and asked about the approach, what data structures to use, time and space complexity of it. Later was onsite interview. Had met with five people. It's been a month but still have not received any response.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. In the process of making me feel comfortable, some simple questions like deadlock, livelock, OOPs concepts, critical section etc. Later were the actual programming questions like Given two lists of a type, find the objects that are in both the lists, Find magic index in a sorted array, Convert Hex value to RGB color value. And, some puzzles too.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied for the job online, and was asked to take an online test. The online test include 2 types of tests, one of them being a mathematical test and the other a logic/pattern test. Passing that test, I was called to arrange an face-to-face interview.

Upon reaching the venue of the interview, I was given a paper test. This include some programming definition questions and some simple problem solving. After the given 30 minutes was up, I was called in to be interviewed by a senior software engineer. Questions include some of which from the written test and some questions that tests your problem-solving. Most of the questions test you on your OOP knowledge. Following that is an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between private and protected in OOP?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

online test -> Hiring manager interview->third round interview. The online test consist two part, one is numerical test and the other is personality test. The interview is not difficult and major embedded C programming.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Timişoara (Romania)) in August 2017.

Interview

Technical paper test followed by a 1.5h interview with 1HR and 2 Technical Employees.
    It consisted on questions from previous experience, few logic/technical questions and personality questions.
    The person leading the interview felt a bit arrogant.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The interview was back in 2010, where there was a lot of requirements in the company. I was in India , so had an interview over Skype. There were 2 rounds.
    1. Technical Interview - about an hour
    2. HR interview - about an hour
    The interview process was simple and clear. Once I cleared both rounds, my work visa process was taken care by the HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Continental Singapore?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2018.

Interview

walking interview at Penang Malaysia for singapore continental, first applied on their website and complete IQ test and personality test. Wait HR to call for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• OOP, state diagram, C programming sorting, data types, real time OS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was called for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After I passed it, I was called for another one by the group leader to see if I was a good fit for the team. Once that was over, I had to go for the HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perai (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Perai (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

They are looking to hire the best engineers from surrounding MNCs, but unwilling to offer a decent salary raise. No wonder they are in perpetual hiring mode. After declining their offer, I still received calls from recruiters representing this company.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in Singapore but currently live in Malaysia. The interview basically has 3 stages:

1. Resume screening - They go through your resume and check whether you posses something of interest to the company. Make sure to highlight your best skills in the resume. If your resume fits the bill, they contact you by phone and email. They will set an appointment for interview. Also, they have an optional IQ test you can do on their job listings site.

2. Technical Interview - If you are living in another country like me, the interview is done through web-conference (aka Skype). The interview lasts about 1 -2 hours. I was interviewed by 2 team leaders from the department. They were really nice and sporting. They ask a lot of technical stuff like basic terms in OOP, state diagram of telephone, C/C++ programming. Make sure you are near a whiteboard or have a pen and paper to answer the questions if you get interviewed through web-conference. Also, if you are a fresh graduate like me, they will ask about your academic projects like FYP and so on. So make sure you know your stuff.

3. HR Interview - If you pass the technical test, you will get shortlisted for the HR interview which they will notify within one week. Since i was in Malaysia, i had to come down to Singapore for a face-to-face interview with the HR. They will pay for flight tickets if you officially get the job. Interview also lasted about 1-2 hours and was interviewed by only one HR executive. The questions asked were more about your personality. Why you chose the company, how to handle disagreement with the boss, your biggest challenge, strength and weaknesses, etc. A quick Google study on the basic interview questions would suffice. They will notify the final results within one week.

Quick tips: If you are a fresh graduate, show them that you are willing to learn and start from zero. Show them you are always hungry for excellence and not afraid to think outside the box. The company has a culture of investing in personal growth and life-long learning. If you don't know the answer to a question, tell them "I do not know the answer to that, but i am willing to learn". Be enthusiastic!

Good luck to everyone!