Contra Costa County - California Summer Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contra Costa County - California Summer Clerk Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Summer Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contra Costa County - California in February 2011.

Interview

I first submitted a bid on "B-Line" for Spring OCIP. I was also required to submit my resume, thus the initial screening consists only of a resume review. I am a 1L, by the way. A few weeks after, I received an email inviting me to select an interview time-slot, and to email a cover letter.

At the interview I met with two attorneys and was asked several questions about my commitment to criminal defense. They asked me if I was capable of effective research in a timely manner. Most odd about this interview were questions and comments about how working in the past for a private company somehow equated to a lack of commitment to criminal defense (????). In their minds--ad it seems like in the minds of most PD's--Corporate experience--->anti-PI (public interest)-->pro criminal prosecution.

Received a rejection email about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How do you consider your research skills? How fast can you conduct research?   Answer Question
  • We see you have worked for X company, how do we know you are committed to criminal defense when you have worked for a for-profit company?   1 Answer