Control4 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Control4 Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT).

Interview

3 step interview.
    1. Phone Introduction
    2. Phone techical
    3. Onsite screening

The technical phone interview consisted of speaking with several interviewers over the course of several phone calls. All the questions were specific to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best practices for passing messages between classes.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Somewhat informal, not well organized. Several people were not aware I was coming in for the interview and seemed unprepared for the interview. I Interviewed with 4 individuals separately and one group interview. I was also given an Excel skills test.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult person in your previous workplace.

How do you handle criticism?

What was the largest cost savings you ever negotiated?
      Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (Sandy, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Apply online (short answer competency and personality screening). 30 minute phone Interview with hiring manager. Five 30 minute interviews with mid/senior-level managers. 45 minute interview with 6p panel of potential peers. 20 minute competency test with Excel. Returned to facility for a 1hr interview with an executive manager. I haven’t heard back for about 2 weeks so they are taking their time, or I must not be who they are looking for.

Control4 Response

Nov 12, 2015

Thank you so much for your interest in working for Control4. We received a lot of applicants for the Sr. Buyer position and are still conducting interviews at this time. The hiring manager is ... More

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Friendly and quick 2 on 1 interview.
    They asked general tech support questions and tried to guage my thought process and troubleshooting skills. Easy interview. Theyre not looking for high flyers

Senior Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Control4 in June 2013.

Interview

I was phone interviewed by HR. I also had applied for another position there.

Interview Questions

• They asked a ballpark salary estimate.   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Control4 (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

Employee referral in to mobile engineering position. Some confusion on when and who I would be interviewing with. Initial phone screen was fine with a combination of general problem solving and then tech knowledge on iOS. Discussed several facets of iOS apps that I have worked on and especially interested in more complex architecture application and not things like gaming. So this included XML parsing, web services integration, threading, model views, layout of designs, databases, upgrade methodologies.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would want to use ARC.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Control4 (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Got email from recruiter
    2. Talk to the recruiter for 20 min over phone
    3. Talk to hiring manager for 20 min over phone
    4. On-site for 1.5 hour

Went for interview 5 months ago. The product doesn't sound exciting after the introduction from hiring manager. Hiring manager asked me technical question while typing the email.

The 2nd engineer came and asked me to evaluate myself. The googling is treated as 0 level from his opinion. Then he asked me one technical question about traverse tree in Pre-order without using recursion. I don't think I answer it well. Then he told me how come I cannot answer such an easy question. Then I was kicked out.

After 4 weeks, got email from HR and told me it is a tough decision that I am not selected. For me, it is a pretty easy decision though.

Engineering Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Control4 (Sandy, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

A phone Screen with the head of the engineering department for about an hour with some minor technical questions about background. FUll-day interview started with a panel interview by 3 Senior Engineers who explored background, asked questions of hands-on experience. 1:1 interviews followed with peers, marketing, and then the head of the engineering department.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you personally programmed for?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Control4 in May 2011.

Interview

After applying through their website I received a call that consisted in questions about why applied and some questions about my resume. The next day I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. The interview consisted in two sessions the same day. One with the manager the group I would be working with and the other with the manager's manager. Questions were behavioral, networking, linux and more questions about my resume.