Control4 Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Control4

Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (United Kingdom)

Interview

First submitting a portfolio of work, next a video conference interview to demonstrate my teaching skills and answer questions, finally an in person visit to meet the team and answer a few more questions. Casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions
  • What examples in your life demonstrate your passion for technology?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in May 2019

Interview

Phone screen Then one on one interview with Department Manager It is a very nice company. I liked interviewing with them. Everyone was very kind and welcoming. They appear to be very organized

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in Aug 2018

Interview

There was an HR vetting interview, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a face to face interview on-site with the hiring manager. Control4 is solid company, so I was excited to interview with them. No complaints, the hiring manager was helpful, kind, and we had a great set of conversations. In the end, it was simply not the right fit. The 'decline to offer' email was kind, although for being a finalist for the role, I would have preferred to have a phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to give bad news, what did you do, and what was the outcome?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Control4 (United States) in May 2017

Interview

Had a brief conversation with the person hiring he gave me a coding challenge to put together a weather app. I sent him my code and he told me they would review it and get back to me shortly and then I didn't hear from him again. I sent a follow up email a week later inquiring with still no response. Saw the job reposted a few days later. April-May 2017

Interview Questions
  • Write a simple UI that displays weather information in a list from a hard-coded set of cities.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT)

Interview

3 step interview. 1. Phone Introduction 2. Phone techical 3. Onsite screening The technical phone interview consisted of speaking with several interviewers over the course of several phone calls. All the questions were specific to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the best practices for passing messages between classes.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in Nov 2015

Interview

Somewhat informal, not well organized. Several people were not aware I was coming in for the interview and seemed unprepared for the interview. I Interviewed with 4 individuals separately and one group interview. I was also given an Excel skills test.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult person in your previous workplace. How do you handle criticism? What was the largest cost savings you ever negotiated?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (Sandy, UT) in Oct 2015

Interview

Apply online (short answer competency and personality screening). 30 minute phone Interview with hiring manager. Five 30 minute interviews with mid/senior-level managers. 45 minute interview with 6p panel of potential peers. 20 minute competency test with Excel. Returned to facility for a 1hr interview with an executive manager. I haven’t heard back for about 2 weeks so they are taking their time, or I must not be who they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Control4 (Draper, UT) in Jul 2015

Interview

Friendly and quick 2 on 1 interview. They asked general tech support questions and tried to guage my thought process and troubleshooting skills. Easy interview. Theyre not looking for high flyers

Interview Questions
    Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Control4 (United States) in Jun 2013

Interview

I was phone interviewed by HR. I also had applied for another position there.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a ballpark salary estimate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Control4 (Salt Lake City, UT) in Oct 2012

Interview

Employee referral in to mobile engineering position. Some confusion on when and who I would be interviewing with. Initial phone screen was fine with a combination of general problem solving and then tech knowledge on iOS. Discussed several facets of iOS apps that I have worked on and especially interested in more complex architecture application and not things like gaming. So this included XML parsing, web services integration, threading, model views, layout of designs, databases, upgrade methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would want to use ARC.
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews