Convergys Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergys Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

It is made to appear like an actual interview but they will literally hire anyone that walks in. Do not stress over getting the job, you will have plenty of time for that once you are hired and out of training. submitted application online and was called 30 minutes later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at handling other people's problems.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter called me same night around 7pm she was really pushy about me taking the position. It was ackward but I went along with the process. Had 1 additional interview asked basic star method questions. It was pretty straight forward. At the time starting pay was only 9/hr so how hard can a 9/hr job interview be. Sent email to do drug test and background check and that was pretty much it

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Name a time you dealt with an angry/ upset customer?
      How do you stay focused when doing repetitive task?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Convergys (Hickory, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a short process, you take an assessment on the computer and once that is completed, they take you to a face to face interview, from there they will either call you back and invite you back to work or they will kindly reject you.

Interview Questions

• What work experience qualifies you to work in a face paced work environment?   Answer Question
    • Say a customer calls in and is disgruntled about the treatment they have received from the company, how would you respond to the customer and how would you solve their problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was told that I would not have to make sales, ended up having to push sales on every call or I would get written up for it. Also got written up for not making enough sales each month and they don't care that people are trying to save money for the holidays. They are greedy and selfish.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could work the hours they were offering.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Phoneton, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy phone interview and testing. Had trouble getting all my equipment to pass the requirements but after several tries I finally got it. Also I had just changed my cable provider and they offered it for free as a benefit.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Convergys in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy and handled all over the phone since I was applying for a Work at Home position. The first interview involves basic qualification type questions then if you pass that you go on the second interview. In the second interview more in depth questions are asked about your background/job history as well as role-playing questions.

Interview Questions

• Q. Have you ever had a call with an angry customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergys in December 2013.

Interview

This company spends a lot of energy to hire. The recruiter is very positive and pleasant and does the very best to help you succeed through the process. The questions on the phone interview are not tricky and do not make you feel uncomfortable or something you cannot answer. There is a drug test after successful completion of the phone interview and on-line basic skill testing. After you pass the drug you are invited to orientation for approximately 2 hrs. You may take additional skill test and fill out some paper work such as tax forms and benefits. Over all, a pleasant unintimidating hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Longview, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied on line, they responded by email on the same day requesting I come in and take tests. I went in the next day and took the testing and 20 minutes after I left a recruiter called and there was a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. The hardest one for me to answer was "What was your most difficult phone call."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered an hourly wage. I was grateful to get the offer and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Laredo, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process started with filling out a questionnaire about yourself on one of the computers in the HR office, followed by a typing test. Once completed, they told me they would call me back at a later date. When I received the call a few days later, they scheduled a date for an interview. I sat down with the interviewer and they had what seemed a checklist on their clipboard.

Interview Questions

• Questions included: What experience do you have with customer service? What about customer service over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone call for interview, they hired me over the phone, brought me in a few days later to fill out paperwork and that was it. they ask simple questions and want to make sure you meet minimum qualifications, they will hire almost anybody