Convergys Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.1

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Savannah, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Getting a call back took no time, I applied on a Saturday or Sunday and got a call on Wednesday. However, the call was for a phone pre-screen and the lady asked if I would like to do it at that moment or schedule. I was our grocery shopping and I hadn't done enough research on the company for an actual phone interview so I asked to schedule it. It was scheduled for the next day (in writing this in the supposed day of the prescreen) for 12pm. I woke up and did my research on the company to know what I was getting myself into and so ALOT of bad reviews. But I anticipated the call anyhow. 12:00 rolls around and I get no call, then 15minutes goes by still no call and so on and so forth (It has now been 4.5hrs since). I've gotten no courtesy call, no email, nothing saying to reschedule or cancel..... if they were to call at this point it would definitely be a no go, this is outrageously unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Employee in Holloman Air Force Base, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergys (Holloman Air Force Base, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

It was ridiculously simple to get hired here. Go online to their website, fill out application. Two days later I received a call from the secretary asking me a few questions about my availability, they don't want anyone with conflicting schedules with their 7-week training program and schedule you with a phone interview. Next, you'll have the phone interview. This seems more of a formality, the recruited continued with basic interview questions, at the ended asked to come onsite to resume the interview process which was a couple days later. Once onsite, it was a group interview of 6 candidates. There were a few activities to see how one would handle a caller, introduction of each individual, and an assessment. The assessment consisted of two parts; a typing test (20 wpm minimum) and a navigation assignment. After, all candidates were done, everyone was hired. We had to get back on computers and fill out employment documents, consent to a background check, and go to the designated off site location to fulfill the urinalysis drug screening within 24 hours. Last thing you do before you leave is go to the other side of the building and have your picture taken for you ID badge, which you'll receive the first day of training. There will be an optional unpaid orientation to give new hires an opportunity to meet management before training begins, highly advised to attend. Hope this was helpful, look forward to beginning my career with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one vacation spot you have been or want to go to?   Answer Question
    • They pay an audio clip of a sales call. What could have been done better in the scenario?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Interview process is incredibly simple. They do not thoroughly screen anyone, you just have to answer basic interview questions and take a typing test. The interviewers are nice enough , however the job is not one for a more mature person, it's more of a job for high school and college kids to make some extra money.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Savannah, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later. The call was a brief phone interview asking about my schedule, experience, and the job description. Where ask to set up an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process is pretty simple. Takes about 4 hours though so clear your schedule. If you get an interview you pretty much have the job. They ask a lot of the same questions they did before. It somewhat redundant.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was a 2 day process of filling out the application, taking the questionnaire, typing test and skills test. The background check and drug screen were done the next day and then they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was wanting to have a job or career   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

They requested to test my computer for the requirements then abput two days later I received an email requiring a computer video screening . They ask questions then you record yourself answering them . Took about a day for a phne interview asked a couple simple questions , literally talked for 3 minutes & it was over . After that I never heard from them . Very unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Had to agree to background check, answer questions about how I would handle certain customer interactions. Provide reasons I would be a good fit for the job. Went over job duties and if hired when could I start. Explain the duties I would be responsible for doing.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate or upset customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys in January 2017.

Interview

Brief meet with two other managers which didn't remember the appointment . The receptionist wasn't at the frontt was waiting to be greeted about 6 minutes. Then had too search her database for my application which I had a copy of in my briefcase.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Chattanooga, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Walk in Wednesday simply apply on line and walk in then meet with a recruiter. Take the assessment after you past the test meet again with the recruiter. Go take a drug test take your badge photo then go to training on your scheduled day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any thing that will allow you to miss any days within the next 6 weeks   1 Answer