Convergys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.9

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Had an interview that included a typing test and doing some online research. I aced it all! Had a good interview. Was told they would call me the next week to set up the 2nd step of the hiring process. Waited all week, then got an email saying my application was rejected. No idea what happened. I know my background check was ok. So who knows!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

They requested to test my computer for the requirements then abput two days later I received an email requiring a computer video screening . They ask questions then you record yourself answering them . Took about a day for a phne interview asked a couple simple questions , literally talked for 3 minutes & it was over . After that I never heard from them . Very unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys in January 2017.

Interview

Brief meet with two other managers which didn't remember the appointment . The receptionist wasn't at the frontt was waiting to be greeted about 6 minutes. Then had too search her database for my application which I had a copy of in my briefcase.

Healthcare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Greenville, NC).

Interview

I went in for an assessment that consisted of a typing test, script reading and answering a few open ended scenario questions. The recruiter was friendly and professional and made the visit a comfortable experience. We went over schedule restrictions and training schedule. She understood I was unable to work night shift due to being a single mother with no PM daycare, so she put me down to start training early AM and scheduled me for a 2nd interview the next day. Next day comes and the woman I interviewed with was not the nicest person, to put it nicely. She was very intimidating and I felt she was digging for personal information that didn't pertain to the job and tried to make me out to be a liar when I told her I previously did the assessment with another recruiter, Then told me the position was already filled and dismissed me. It was obviously BS and a complete waste of time being as though I had another day interview that same day that I missed for the 2nd interview at Convergys. After hearing all of the negative feedback about that place, I see for myself management sucks, and I'll never advise anyone to waste their time.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for employment else where?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an interview . The recruiter was very nice. We discussed the position and he scheduled an onsite interview.I went to their local office and the manager did not ask me any of the customer service questions.She took the interview only for 7-8 minutes and it was over.She did not take any test or nor did she ask any questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Convergys in August 2016.

Interview

Quick interview, asked if I could commit to open availability from 7AM till 1AM in my time zone and wanted to know if I had any restriction that would prevent me from committing to that time frame. I told her I would be unavailable on Monday evenings due to an ongoing commitment. She said she would put my application from any further consideration.

Customer Dirct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Saint Ann, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire interviewing process was extremely short and very vague. The interviewer did not provide detailed information of the position that I was applying for. I felt rushed and it seemed they anxious to get me out of the door for the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• How are you in high pressure situations.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional. Waited over 40 minutes for an interview. No preset questions. No apology for having me wait. Employees appearances are dirty and torn jeans. Woman wearing shorts up to their crouch.

Associate, Analytic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Convergys (Westminster, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process started in early July. I applied through an employee referral. I had an initial phone screening, a phone call with one of the managers, a time consuming case study that I had to complete, a Skype call with another manager, and a phone call with the director. These interviews were all 1 hour long. The interviews were very very easy. Then they offered me the job in early September. I had 3 other excellent offers but I picked Convergys because it looked really good from what I read online but this company turned out to be really deceiving.

Convergys was not open to salary negotiation and did not provide relocation assistance to move to Colorado. I had to really beg them for an office visit, which shows how stingy this company is. I recently went for the office visit. It seemed like everyone was laid back and did not have any work to do. They only use Excel for data analysis and I think this is very backward because technology is at its peak. The employees had fake smiles on their faces and were not happy to see me. I got a bad feeling after that.

2 days later I received a phone call from their Cincinnati, OH headquarters. The HR rep said that they were taking my offer back. It was clear that Convergys does a poor job of training their HR reps. They did not do their job right in the first place and I am the one to suffer now. This shows how they treat their employees. I think it is the company overall that has this problem of being unethical, unprofessional, uneducated, and racist.

They wasted 3 months of my life. 2 weeks ago I had 4 job offers and endless possibilities. Now I have none and I am back in square 1. Convergys claims to be a big global company but it turned out to be discriminatory and unreliable. No wonder their turn-over rate is high. They should just put "We hire only pure white Americans" on their website to spare the rest of us. Their management is very poor and unsophisticated. Never in my life have I been so humiliated. But I am also happy that I won't be working for an unethical company like Convergys. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Computer Science and I know I can do much better than working on Excel all day!!

Interview Questions

• Very easy behavioral questions which could be answered by a fifth grader. Describe your past projects and internships. Do you like working with people or alone?   Answer Question

WFH Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Palm Coast, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

There was none! I first got a e-mail that I would be sent an assessment test & later that day, I got another saying that I was not considered, the next day, I received another saying that one was sent to me 10 days ago. I assure you that I checked my e-mail, spam and trash folders and there was nothing there. It was so confusing and I'm quite surprised since from word of mouth, this was a highly recommended legitimate WFH company & with my expertise, it would've made a perfect fit. I did contact them on the status of my application. After two days with no response, I see my application was rejected! Way to go Convergys!