Convergys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in East Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (East Chattanooga, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

I did a walk-in interview. It was easy and I had to take a test. the questions weren't difficult, they really want people who aren't afraid to talk to people they dont know and people who are willing to show up on-time for work.

Customer Dirct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Saint Ann, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire interviewing process was extremely short and very vague. The interviewer did not provide detailed information of the position that I was applying for. I felt rushed and it seemed they anxious to get me out of the door for the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• How are you in high pressure situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Rio Rancho, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

phone interview asking questions about my experience with a call center and what skills i have, live in person interview with human resources. very laid back and i was very comfortable with the questions and environment.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (Huntsville, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call after a couple of days of applying for the position. The interview was very smooth and professional. Was about a 20 minute process. At the end of the interview the recruiter set clear expectations for the job I was applying for. Ex: computer and internet requirements, attendance, schedule, as well as training timeframes.

Interview Questions

• what is the reason for you interest in a work at home position?   Answer Question

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call, Basic behavioral Questions, a few technical questions . After that brought me in for a in-person interview. Upon you passing a typing test (35 WPM) they extended the offer of employment. There was no room to negotiate salary seeing as how this is a very entry level position

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Longview, TX).

Interview

First, I had to do a typing test. Next, I filled out a small application that was basically confirming my information. Next, I was taken into a room with three other people interviewing, with two recruiting members. We asked questions, and they answered them all for us and answered questions we didn't ask to think. Next, we had to talk to each other and make a project to present and sell. After that, we went back to the first room and gave them out information to perform a background check, and went home. Best interview I've ever had!

Interview Questions

• Did you enjoy the interview?   1 Answer

Work-from-home Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Everything was done over the phone since this was work at home. The first process of the application is to apply online, attach your resume, the computer will scream if you qualify to do the testing for work for home ( computer requirements test screen you log onto a website they test your computer remotely screening it to make sure it qualifies for the speeds and space and that memory this process was very irritating and dysfunctional however it wasn't Convergys issue it was the company they contracted to do the screening for the computers), once you do the screenings and the testing with a simple typing sight and Standard customer service questions you will then get a call from a recruiter that will set up time for you to talk to the first level management ( this is the standard quick interview lasting about 15 minutes asking computer questions about parts of the computer and systems you go to to see your knowledge if you're qualified enough to work at home you need to be able to get around a little bit for Tech issues), and they will tell you that they will talk to the second manager that's in charge of hiring( she will schedule a time for you to interview with her usually the next day) , that interview last about a half hour standard questions very personable (
    From how you did on that interview they will notify you or offer you the position over the phone as they did for me on that interview call), then you'll get an email with an onboarding date that you have to be ready for and some software you have to download for Adobe to get your Adobe virtual training classroom, have a headset ready for training, having a desktop is better than a laptop, can you get a link in your email for the teacher classroom address to log into the date and time you have to log in for class,, first two or three days is a lot of login issues with people that never did work at home before, internet problems and onboarding problems that they have to figure out after that first week the second week is a little bit better I start training.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional. Waited over 40 minutes for an interview. No preset questions. No apology for having me wait. Employees appearances are dirty and torn jeans. Woman wearing shorts up to their crouch.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

I applied online, and had a couple of phone interviews. I took a drug test, and was offered the job.
    I was told there was a traning class on a certain day, so I gave my two weeks notice at my current job.
    Convergys called a week later to tell me the training class was cancelled.
    I applied for a job elsewhere, as I was not able to retract my two weeks notice. I was offered that job as well.
    Convergys called me 3 days before I started my new job to tell me the training class they originally said they had was back on.
    Needless to say, I turned them down.
    I'm glad I had a reason to turn them down, as I have many friends whom have worked at Convergys, that have attested to what a horrible place it is.
    Conclusion:
    You don't want to work here. If literally dozens of current and former employees testify to the fact that management is awful; the work is grueling and, at times, morally questionable; and the company can't even get their hiring process figured out- run. Run straight away from Convergys.

Associate, Analytic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Convergys (Westminster, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process started in early July. I applied through an employee referral. I had an initial phone screening, a phone call with one of the managers, a time consuming case study that I had to complete, a Skype call with another manager, and a phone call with the director. These interviews were all 1 hour long. The interviews were very very easy. Then they offered me the job in early September. I had 3 other excellent offers but I picked Convergys because it looked really good from what I read online but this company turned out to be really deceiving.

Convergys was not open to salary negotiation and did not provide relocation assistance to move to Colorado. I had to really beg them for an office visit, which shows how stingy this company is. I recently went for the office visit. It seemed like everyone was laid back and did not have any work to do. They only use Excel for data analysis and I think this is very backward because technology is at its peak. The employees had fake smiles on their faces and were not happy to see me. I got a bad feeling after that.

2 days later I received a phone call from their Cincinnati, OH headquarters. The HR rep said that they were taking my offer back. It was clear that Convergys does a poor job of training their HR reps. They did not do their job right in the first place and I am the one to suffer now. This shows how they treat their employees. I think it is the company overall that has this problem of being unethical, unprofessional, uneducated, and racist.

They wasted 3 months of my life. 2 weeks ago I had 4 job offers and endless possibilities. Now I have none and I am back in square 1. Convergys claims to be a big global company but it turned out to be discriminatory and unreliable. No wonder their turn-over rate is high. They should just put "We hire only pure white Americans" on their website to spare the rest of us. Their management is very poor and unsophisticated. Never in my life have I been so humiliated. But I am also happy that I won't be working for an unethical company like Convergys. I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Computer Science and I know I can do much better than working on Excel all day!!

Interview Questions

• Very easy behavioral questions which could be answered by a fifth grader. Describe your past projects and internships. Do you like working with people or alone?   Answer Question