Convergys Technical Support Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Received a call from a convergys recruiter. Answered general questions about myself. Also asked additional questions regarding my previous work experience. Wanted to know how I would handle an upset customer, how to satisfy a customer, go above and beyond for a customer, etc, etc. Very simple and she was extremely laid back. Educated me on the position and hired me on the spot. Emailed some additional information about the job requirements

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Technical Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Basic skills test. There really wasn't much to it. I spoke to the interviewer and they asked some basic questions and gave me a basic technical assessment. They were based on questions from the A+ but incredibly simple. I believe that I only spoke with HR and hiring, no actual managers or employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you define customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

typing test, audio test. and 1-2 questions regarding experience. The interview was a group session with 3 other individuals. all candidates were offered a position due to extremely high turn over

Interview Questions

• do you know how to turn on wifi?   1 Answer

Technical Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. Conducted phone screen. Scheduled a face to face interview the next day and accepted the offer. Of course, it is pending background and reference checks. This is all done electronically via email. I received them by the time I made it home and completed them within 20 minutes. I assume I'll be contacted via email once everything clears. Make sure you dress to impress. Men, this means a nice fitted suit, shirt and tie! If they are impressed with your skills, personality, and professionalism, you'll get the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation with a customer when the normal time of repair is two hours, but a system failure pushes the the restoration back for two full days?   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps you would take to make a peanut butter and jelly sand which.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The posting was pretty cut and dry with range of pay being offered. I didn't have to negotiate to meet my needs. It's really up to you to ask for more if not offered what you expected.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

The open interview process was a cattle drive. There were a few general assessments. I almost didn't return based on the way the group acted that day. I should have run for the door. It just screamed "unprofessional".

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multi-tasking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation. I was offered the position at the standard low rate. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Rio Rancho, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

First, I received a phonecall at a scheduled time where I was asked a few basic questions about myself, and then a few basic tech related questions. After that went well, an in-person interview was scheduled for the next week. The interview was short, and consisted of a few questions regarding experience, interests, and education. A typing test and background check followed, and I was given a packet welcoming me to the team. All in all, it wasn't very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Someone's wireless printer isn't connecting to their laptop computer. What steps would you take to help them get their printer working?   Answer Question
    • Someone wants to transfer pictures from their phone to their computer. How can they do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview then onsite interview, probably overconfident that I would be hired on the spot. i have the experience and the drive but perhaps my age did me in. will give it a shot, still waiting for some response from my interview (7 days). somewhat apprehensive about the "culture" at convergys. my typing was the bomb! and i can navigate 2 tabs at once.

Interview Questions

• has anyone ever given you totally honest criticism? and if so who (in other words... we will tell you you suck early and often)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Gary, IN).

Interview

Took about 2 weeks, phone interview, you take a drug test and if you pass you're hired. I had to fax a bunch of paper work to them and get some things signed but the overall experience wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a router and the Ethernet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When you accept the job, make sure you're good with multitasking

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick interview with someone from HR. Given 3 exams to take at home to make sure that you can read, type, and think. They are not that hard. I did poorly on the typing one because I misunderstood it and still got the job. Once these exams are taken, you are contacted and the results are discussed with you.

Interview Questions

• Q: Which product would suggest, "this" or "that"?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you know what to do when the internet goes down?   Answer Question
    • Q: Are you able to follow directions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

When I did it. It was detailed and very professional. I enjoyed the process! The recruiter I spoke with is no longer there but she was awesome. She made me feel like I was joining something special and worth the time and effort I was investing into the Company. They lost one of the good one's when they let her go. The training when I joined was almost 3 months long and very in depth

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer