Convergys Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergys Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a typing test, need at least 30 WPM to pass. For the chat line you need much higher. After the typing test I took a basic computer proficiency test, where when prompted by the computer I opened windows, recycled text documents, opened the volume controls, ect. After that was a basic computer knowledge test of 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to give bad news to a customer? If so, how did you keep it from escalating?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Richardson, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Taking calls and providing tech support by researching common problems and sending and explaining step by step instructions on how to fix customer's issues.
    Asked basic behavioral questions, then asked to complete a 20 question knowledge assessment.
    Overall not too hard. They want to see that you are willing and motivated to learn and understand your daily job activity.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Wichita, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted at client site. They are typically held with one Technical Support Manager and one Senior Support Engineer. Questions are not particularly difficult and should be easily answered by anyone with basic windows administration, network knowledge, and simple unix experience.

My interview did not go quite along their normal structure, I was interviewed by the Senior Technical Operations Manager, a Senior Support Engineer, and a Technical Support Manager. We had a few laughs over previous positions that we had held and the environment was inviting. Luckily, we did not have to meet at the Convergys main building or I would have turned down the position. Overall the people were great and the information in the interview was not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name the container within Active Directory that holds users, groups, and group policy.   Answer Question
    • In a linux/unix envionrment, what is the command to display current running processes?   Answer Question
    • What does DNS stand for?   Answer Question
    • What is RAID?   Answer Question
    • How would you begin troubleshooting an issue with a user who is unable to access the internet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Ogden, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

Went good

Negotiation

Not bad and straight forward

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Convergys (Ogden, UT) in August 2009.

Interview

For technical support positions supporting 3rd parties through Convergys it is good to have a knowledge inside and out of the OSI and TCP Models. These become very critical when working with customers using Firewalls, Routers, Networks Switches, and Security Appliances. Also have a working knowledge of how to convert IP addresses back and forth from Decimal to standard IPv4 IP address.

Interview Questions

• You may be asked to walk someone through a normal process that you would not think is very complex. You will want to give as much detail to the interviewer(s) regarding the process in which to perform that task. It could be something like making your bed or filling up your car with gas. Providing simple words and steps to accomplish a task such as this one should not include very large words someone would need to look up in a dictionary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depending on the company Convergys is staffing for the maximum starting wage seemed to be between 12 and 18 US Dollars per hour.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2016.

Interview

was okay. only did phone interview so far, will have to wait for 1:1 interview . so far they only ask for basic question about fixing a wifi and blue screen and etc.. nothing to difficult

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Three rounds Communication, Typing,Technical and HR
    Technical was written based on Windows, UNIX and Networking.
    There was a client technical round which was based on the same.
    Then comes the HR round where the salary discussion was based on the incentives including.
    But it later we came to know that the incentives was depending on the performance.But it was promised as default.

Interview Questions

• It was based on the Windows, UNIX and Networking   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

communication test, hr round, operations round, voice test. If you clear operations round then you are almost done. Communication test includes an extempore and HR round includes technical aptitude test and some questiions from HR and then 1:1 operations interview

Interview Questions

• What are your skills?
      Are you aware about voice process?
      Are you ok with night shift?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chilliwack, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Chilliwack, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

- A skills assessment, of very basic technical skills. This included basic computer skills, a typing test.
     - A personality test. This seemed geared towards assessing a candidates aptitude for performing customer service. The correct answers mostly hinged around displaying initiative and empathy.
     - Brief interview with a manager, largely behavioural in nature.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with recruitment company, about 30 technical questions. Then interview over the phone with Technical Support Engineer, similar questions but different ones. Then interview with two managers face to face, call center style questions

Interview Questions

• A situation that hasn't gone the way you expected, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you got offered a salary and you had to take or leave it