Convergys Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

--Asked a few questions to see if you knew what you were talking about. generally pretty simple if you use a computer day then you should be fine.
--They offered me to come back for training the next week.
--pay is every 2 weeks. being punctual is like a prized commodity., show up early so you can sign in with security

Interview Questions

• if a computer screen goes blue with an error code what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and we scheduled a time for a proper interview. I had my interview and then she told me right then that I was accepted for the job. I then had to submit a typing test, a computer/speed test, a drug test, and some forms that needed to be filled out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer
    • How do you close a page in a web browser?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a router and a modem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was access numerous technical question (none difficult). I was offered the job the next day and was told to take several assessments including computer proficiency, typing and customer service. Subsequently received a welcome email and an email to self-identify/background check,etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only offered $9 per hour. Accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Over the phone, less than 3 minutes long. They send a link to your email for you to take an assessment based on math/reading. Then the person calls you back to finish the over the phone interview. Note: this was in 2013, it is possible that the interview process has changed.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively painless, but the interview took forever, as did the testing. There was just a lot of waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Pocatello, ID) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple process, have a pulse and know how to use a computer and you can probably get a job here. Just basic computer processes, and the ability to type 30 words per min, and a general sense of how to comport yourself. There was a short phone interview at first, and then came a one on one, and then they called with an offer later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a job, and told me what the pay would be. It was an ok job for someone without a college education. It provided the benefit of free Directv service after 1 month, which is about how long it takes for the training.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

This hiring and interview process was nothing more then a cattle call. If you could type, you had a job!

Interview Questions

• Really didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

no such thing as a negotiation phase with Convergys

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swords (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Convergys (Swords (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Alot of testing and time consuming but easy enough. Had between about 16 people in for interview so took all afternoon. Had to do role play interview ans testing.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Mumbai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process was very easy. got selected within hours. the HR was very friendly during introduction and the interview was 4 rounds.
    1. Skype call.
    2. Face to face
    3. Technical
    4. VNA(Voice and accent)

cleared all 4 on same day.
    was requested to wait for a day for report but was hinted that it's almost sure.
    received a call next day and was given an offer.
    had some negotiations with the HR and got offered with the package that i desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about tech support and how to deal with customers.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, everything was over the phone. Applied online. Had to complete a personal assessment questionnaire online. Got an initial phone interview the week after were they asked about my skills and experience e.g do you own an iPhone or iPad. Got the final phone interview about 5 days after which consisted of mostly behavioral interview questions. I was offered the job after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you positive or Optimistic person?   Answer Question
    • Are you detail oriented or do you look at the big picture?   Answer Question
    • What kind of challenges would someone have with this job if they cannot communicate verbally properly over the phone?   Answer Question