Convergys Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergys Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

--Asked a few questions to see if you knew what you were talking about. generally pretty simple if you use a computer day then you should be fine.
--They offered me to come back for training the next week.
--pay is every 2 weeks. being punctual is like a prized commodity., show up early so you can sign in with security

Interview Questions

• if a computer screen goes blue with an error code what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and we scheduled a time for a proper interview. I had my interview and then she told me right then that I was accepted for the job. I then had to submit a typing test, a computer/speed test, a drug test, and some forms that needed to be filled out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer
    • How do you close a page in a web browser?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a router and a modem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was access numerous technical question (none difficult). I was offered the job the next day and was told to take several assessments including computer proficiency, typing and customer service. Subsequently received a welcome email and an email to self-identify/background check,etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only offered $9 per hour. Accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Over the phone, less than 3 minutes long. They send a link to your email for you to take an assessment based on math/reading. Then the person calls you back to finish the over the phone interview. Note: this was in 2013, it is possible that the interview process has changed.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively painless, but the interview took forever, as did the testing. There was just a lot of waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Pocatello, ID) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple process, have a pulse and know how to use a computer and you can probably get a job here. Just basic computer processes, and the ability to type 30 words per min, and a general sense of how to comport yourself. There was a short phone interview at first, and then came a one on one, and then they called with an offer later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a job, and told me what the pay would be. It was an ok job for someone without a college education. It provided the benefit of free Directv service after 1 month, which is about how long it takes for the training.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

This hiring and interview process was nothing more then a cattle call. If you could type, you had a job!

Interview Questions

• Really didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

no such thing as a negotiation phase with Convergys

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, everything was over the phone. Applied online. Had to complete a personal assessment questionnaire online. Got an initial phone interview the week after were they asked about my skills and experience e.g do you own an iPhone or iPad. Got the final phone interview about 5 days after which consisted of mostly behavioral interview questions. I was offered the job after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you positive or Optimistic person?   Answer Question
    • Are you detail oriented or do you look at the big picture?   Answer Question
    • What kind of challenges would someone have with this job if they cannot communicate verbally properly over the phone?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Basic screening with the profile, communication skills,Versant test, Sql Basic knowledge(For Intuit), Stability round.

Interview Questions

• The interview process starts with the phone screening and you will be asked to come to their office for the next rounds(if chosen). Next would be the versant test to check your listening and speaking abilities fluently. The next would be operations round where the manager would be interviewing. He would check for your skills, attitude, stability, willingness to learn and knowledge with your previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had to go through a head hunting firm. Luckily one of the Convergys HR's were on site. She just asked me a little about my background and a few questions on how you can handle yourself or about the job. Afterwards I passed her interview so she had to make me answer a technical exam. Then we were transported to the Convergys building in Rufino to have an interview with a Manager and an on the spot mock call.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your mistakes , how did you handle and learn from it?   Answer Question