Convergys Tier I Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convergys Tier I Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call, Basic behavioral Questions, a few technical questions . After that brought me in for a in-person interview. Upon you passing a typing test (35 WPM) they extended the offer of employment. There was no room to negotiate salary seeing as how this is a very entry level position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Came in and sat for about 30 minutes. Hiring manager called me up and asked me to take a assessment on a computer to test my computer and Windows knowledge and a typing test. As long as you type faster than 30 WPM and knowledgeable on basic Windows stuff, you should pass.

Interview Questions

• She quizzed me on a few different customer service and technical situations if they were to occur.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and efficient. I walked in, sat down, and right away I was given a technical knowledge quiz of about 20 something questions that were basic A+ questions. After I finished that, they brought me in a room with computer's to take a typing test. You need to get at least 25 wpm. After I completed that, I waited for about 5 minutes before I saw the interviewer. I sat down in her office and was completely comfortable. The interviewer was friendly and very helpful in helping me understand everything.

Interview Questions

• what kind of questions would you ask someone who is having troubles with turning on their computer monitor.   1 Answer

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys in May 2016.

Interview

They had a recruiter email me after finding my resume online, and I was scheduled to go in and apply. They interviewed me shortly after doing that, and I left with a job that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer to troubleshoot a printer that is only producing white pages?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain to a more technologically-challenged customer how to troubleshoot their wifi connection?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the differences between a personal computer, tablet, and smart phone? How would you recommend one for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Had me take a typing test and technology test, as well as a personality test. The whole process including paperwork you normally do when you start a company was done that day after they offered and I accepted the job. Only my background check was after that date.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what brand technology products I used and if I was good at trouble shooting problems with technology products. They also asked, AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, if I am flexible within the week and am I able to keep strict attendance rules.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Each company that contracts with Convergys has a salary for each position. All make the same amount until you get more duties or are promoted to a different position

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Richardson, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from the Orlando area and they set me up with an interview and a two part test. The interview was a phone interview by the H.R. department and the first part of the test was a written skills evaluation test and the second part of the interview was a verbal skills evaluation test where they put you through various scenarios and grade your responses.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a page not displayed error?   Answer Question

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Convergys in July 2015.

Interview

It was just one interview for me and nothing more. No drug test, nothing but I went through a job fair where it wasn't just you but I'm sure at least 100+people came as well.

Interview Questions

• What kind of questions would you ask to trouble shoot a printer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I got the job and then they called me so I could sign a disclosure agreement.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Was very easy: HR called me did a pre-interview over the phone which was very easy. Then I went to Convergys and I did a typing test, past and was offered employment the same day. HR talked over what was expected of me the day I arrived for orientation. I was given my hrly wage and what I needed to do next to complete my background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about operating system   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask you basic technical questions. As soon as you have answered enough questions like those satisfactory they send you a link in your email to take a typing speed test.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convergys (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly easy. The recruiter, Shawn, was friendly, professional, and funny. He gave me all of his attention, a tour around the company, and asked several times if I would be comfortable working in a call center, and in cubicles with several agents all speaking at once to the customers and business owners.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest pet peeve in a call center??   1 Answer