Find jobs for Work At Home Customer Service Representative

Convergys Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Convergys

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 39 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Miami, FL) in Jan 2018

Interview

This was for a work at home CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES position. I utilized Glassdoor prior to interviewing, and some of the questions I wasn't expecting since previous interviewer's didn't list them/weren't asked them. I included in my "interview questions", since they caught me off guard. 1) Fill out application online: go to convergys.com and fill out an application, then meet the computer requirements through downloading the computer test software. 2) I was contacted by a recruiter to take a webcam interview, which I had never had to do before. The interview was just me answering questions that were pre-recorded, there wasn't a live person on the other end. 3) I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone "pre-interview", which consisted of going over my resume, as well as if I'm able to work certain hours, etc. At the end we set up a time for the next day for an "official interview" where I'd be ask tech questions and behavioral questions. 4) I had my official interview (which I will list the questions I was caught off guard by down below), and I was then offered the job at the end of the call. I was told I'd be sent a drug screen, and background check I'd need to complete. Then I'd be sent an official job offer, then I'd be sent requirements for a headset, USB flash drive, and monitor size. Then 2 days prior to training I'll receive the training class instructions. Overall: A very, very thorough process for a work at home job. There are many hoops to jump through, but as long as you're not doing drugs, have no arrests, and have the required technical products, you'll be able to get the job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you minimize a window?
    1 Answer
  • What's the difference between a modem and a router?
  • Name a time you had to help someone troubleshoot something technically. (either at work, at home, etc.)
  • How many screens do you typically navigate?
  • How do you ensure each and every guest gets quality service?
  • An example of a time when you've dealt with an angry customer, and how you resolved it?
  • Name a time you didn't know the answer to something at your most recent job, what did you do?
  • Name the most difficult sale you've made in your career, and how did you close it/what did you do to close it?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Convergys (United States)

Interview

I applied online and was emailed some tests and computer checks to complete. I was then contacted by a recruiter. Total time was about 1 week however, I had to wait 4.5 weeks for training start. The phone interview was simple. I went over my resume. Afterward I had to fill out a consent for a background check and complete an i9.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe your most recent position? What was an average day like?
  • Have you done similar work to the position you applied for?
  • This is a full time position, will you be able to commit to 40 hours weekly?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Pompano Beach, FL) in Oct 2016

Interview

Required a computer test that did not read its results so I had to repeat the test on my machine over ten times...All this before the interview. The interview was not very hard. they had you answer questions using the live cam and typing responses. There were as expected minimum equipment requirements including being hard wired to your internet service which could not be satellite. Also a specific list of approved USB headphones was provided as these were required. Most of the requirements are reasonable since you are due to provide a service that must meet the standard of an office based job with regards to the customer experience.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Convergys (United States)

Interview

There were over the phone interviews with behavioral and situational questions. It was very easy your last interview is with a higher up manager. Of course you will have to take a few computer test and system test to make sure you have and are able to use the proper equipment.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had a upset customer with an issue, how you do resolve it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convergys (United States) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. They called me to do phone interview and I was hired at the end of it. The guy on the phone was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were straightforward. No surprises. The questions were mostly behavioral questions. One of the questions was how would you respond to an irate customer?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Convergys (United States) in Apr 2016

Interview

First I did online application, took them about 5 days to contact me. 1st phone interview they went over my application and job history. 2nd interview asked behavioral questions, then a offer of employment was extended before the call ended. Pretty easy interview and the interviewer was super nice and professional.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2015

Interview

Via phone very laid back ask you questions about past positions usual stuff. This is a great company to work for. I am happy to have found information on glassdoor that helped

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference in a modem and a router
Anonymous Employee in Granbury, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convergys (Granbury, TX) in Oct 2015

Interview

I talked to a recruiter the day after submitting my app and she asked me to do a personality and typing assessment and then she called me back the next morning for the phone interview. I was then sent paperwork to fill out for my background check and my drug test.

Interview Questions
  • She asked me several questions about where things are on the computer and what would you do if you had an unsatisfied customer.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Lafayette, LA) in Oct 2015

Interview

I filled out an application online. I recieved an email stating that they would like to interview me for the job position. They called me at the schedule time and ask mostly behavior questions. After talking to the recruiter she offered me the job. The starting pay is $9.00

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had an irate customer, and how did you handle that?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convergys (Portland, OR) in Jul 2015

Interview

The interview process included several over the phone interviews, a computer check and then they wanted me on a thursday the 18th of July get a drug test before the 18th. This included me setting up the drug test at a facility that was 39 miles away, get to said location take the test and drive back. I did not have the 20$ in gas to take a drug test. I emailed first because I had a question about the drug testing. In the state of Oregon and Washington (I live in Oregon on the border of Washington) recreational Marijuana is legal to imbibe. I asked Convergys if they fired for legal recreational substances and referenced Marijuana and they said yes. I wrote with a respectful but displeased email that they would not respect state laws and unless they were willing to continue my employment without a drug test that I withdrew my application. They did not reach back to me. After several days I responded because It was unprofessional for a company to not reply back on the status of employment. Again i was not responded to.

Interview Questions
  • Each interviewer (3) asked for employment history over the phone.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39