Conversant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First met with the technical recruiter. Then we arranged a 1 hour technical phone interview. After that I met with the engineering team. The overall process took roughly 3.5 hours. Very laid back interview process. I was asked behavioral/technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1 day equates to 1/7. For a total of 7 days (7/7) split the model using two lines to make this logic still hold true   Answer Question
    • Basic request/response cycle questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, had a 30 minute phone interview, then a Super Day in Chicago. Asked me mostly behavioral questions during phone interview as well as some technical ones. Super Day consisted of three 45 minute interviews. First two interviews were mostly technical and last one was mostly behavioral. They asked me some of the same exact questions from my phone interview in person as well. It was my first technical interview ever so I didn't know what to expect. They are very helpful if you are stuck on technical questions.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was in contact with a recruiter. She initially called me for a phone interview and asked me a few general questions about why I was interested in the company, etc. About two weeks later she called me and asked me to come to the Chicago office for an interview. There were two sets of 30-minute interviews. My first round was with two men from the data warehouse department. They asked me general questions about my interests and experience in the technical field. Most of the time spent with them included one man talking for about 20 minutes about their complex data warehouse structure. My second round was with two software engineers from the ad server department. They asked me to solve a few puzzles and write a program on the white board. Overall it was a slightly intimidating process because I was cramped against a wall in a small room with two men grilling me on questions.

Interview Questions

• How many times does the hour hand cross the minute hand on a clock in a 24 hour period?   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by HR to screen for hiring VP. They are looking for general skill set around product management and data analytics. Once they do the initial screening, you interview with the VP of Product Management which I believe is also by phone. The final round is a series of interviews with multiple people. They had a very specific person in mind for the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous experience relates to programmatic media   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process was long and drawn out, and an extensive game of cat and mouse. After being referred by a current employee, I was able to work with a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. The recruiter did not respond to my proposed times to interview nor my my follow up emails, and we did not actually interview on the phone until two months passed. During the initial interview, the recruiter sounded extremely disengaged and did not respond for weeks until I was finally informed a training manager would like to proceed with a second phone interview.

The second interview was about 45 minutes and consisted of standard behavioral questions. Afterwards the recruiter again took weeks to respond and and asked how quickly I could come from out of state to interview in person. I was given only days to make arrangements and I did not receive my flight or hotel information until the night before the interview. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the Conversant travel team held the hotel room but did not pay for it. I was unable to reach anyone from Conversant and the hotel situation was not resolved until late the next day.

On the day of the actual interview, I met with 5 members of the team. The questions were very basic and not indicative of the actual role. After the interviews, I was given an hour to work on a case study that was not relevant to the job description and had to present my findings to two members of the team.

he initial recruiter reached out a few days later to inform me that the team had selected another more qualified candidate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was standard, I had a call with a HR recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager who immediately said I would be invited to the office. Spoke to 5-6 people in the office and all interviews went well. My experience and education matched the job and I could do it easily. But I got a reject with no reason other than a bland "we decided that your experience did not fit the business".
    Why did the company waste my time? They could have screened me out for experience in the 2 phone conversations I had with them. Was I even called for a real interview or was it a farce? Everyone there was nice and polite to me, and at no time did I sense that my experience was not a match.

Very disappointing. Not because I didn't get the job, but because I wasted my time and even cared to go ahead with the process.

Client Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

An In-House interview with 3-4 members of the Conversant Client Development Team, after a phone interview and in-person meeting with HR, followed by a phone meeting with one VP of Client Dev.

Interview Questions

• Give two examples of how campaign KPIs were used to retain or increase business with one of your Programmatic Media clients.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I know they've changed the interview process since I got hired, but they sent out a a very open ended code test to you. The test was to animate some circles around the screen in a browser. Pretty straightforward, but allowed the interviewee to take it as far as he/she liked. In person interview was really easy too. They're nice people and there are some incredibly intelligent folks in that dept.

Interview Questions

• How would you animate these circles around the browser?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter. He set me up with and interview, which went well. Next, the recruiter told me the hiring manager wanted to move forward with a face to face interview with the team. Never heard back, so I emailed. I did not get a response, so I called and caught the recruiter off guard. He told me that they wouldn't be able to move forward, even though the position was still open and the hiring manager really like my skill set. Get it together, Conversant.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had one initial phone interview. Then I was invited for an onsite at Chicago, IL. I had about 6 interviews in onsite. The questions were pretty straightforward. I got the offer. The pay was less than what I had expected and I was given only 10 days to decide. At the time I was interviewing with other bigger companies hence I had to decline the offer. Overall process took a month. I was considering joining, but the very short deadline and insensitive attitude of the recruiter and manager changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy questions on machine learning, optimization, algorithm, coding, past work and research   1 Answer

Pay was poor and I was given a very short exploding deadline. The manager and recruiter seemed insensitive.