Conversant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, had a 30 minute phone interview, then a Super Day in Chicago. Asked me mostly behavioral questions during phone interview as well as some technical ones. Super Day consisted of three 45 minute interviews. First two interviews were mostly technical and last one was mostly behavioral. They asked me some of the same exact questions from my phone interview in person as well. It was my first technical interview ever so I didn't know what to expect. They are very helpful if you are stuck on technical questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process was long and drawn out, and an extensive game of cat and mouse. After being referred by a current employee, I was able to work with a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. The recruiter did not respond to my proposed times to interview nor my my follow up emails, and we did not actually interview on the phone until two months passed. During the initial interview, the recruiter sounded extremely disengaged and did not respond for weeks until I was finally informed a training manager would like to proceed with a second phone interview.

The second interview was about 45 minutes and consisted of standard behavioral questions. Afterwards the recruiter again took weeks to respond and and asked how quickly I could come from out of state to interview in person. I was given only days to make arrangements and I did not receive my flight or hotel information until the night before the interview. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the Conversant travel team held the hotel room but did not pay for it. I was unable to reach anyone from Conversant and the hotel situation was not resolved until late the next day.

On the day of the actual interview, I met with 5 members of the team. The questions were very basic and not indicative of the actual role. After the interviews, I was given an hour to work on a case study that was not relevant to the job description and had to present my findings to two members of the team.

he initial recruiter reached out a few days later to inform me that the team had selected another more qualified candidate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was standard, I had a call with a HR recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager who immediately said I would be invited to the office. Spoke to 5-6 people in the office and all interviews went well. My experience and education matched the job and I could do it easily. But I got a reject with no reason other than a bland "we decided that your experience did not fit the business".
    Why did the company waste my time? They could have screened me out for experience in the 2 phone conversations I had with them. Was I even called for a real interview or was it a farce? Everyone there was nice and polite to me, and at no time did I sense that my experience was not a match.

Very disappointing. Not because I didn't get the job, but because I wasted my time and even cared to go ahead with the process.

Client Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

An In-House interview with 3-4 members of the Conversant Client Development Team, after a phone interview and in-person meeting with HR, followed by a phone meeting with one VP of Client Dev.

Interview Questions

• Give two examples of how campaign KPIs were used to retain or increase business with one of your Programmatic Media clients.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter. He set me up with and interview, which went well. Next, the recruiter told me the hiring manager wanted to move forward with a face to face interview with the team. Never heard back, so I emailed. I did not get a response, so I called and caught the recruiter off guard. He told me that they wouldn't be able to move forward, even though the position was still open and the hiring manager really like my skill set. Get it together, Conversant.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had one initial phone interview. Then I was invited for an onsite at Chicago, IL. I had about 6 interviews in onsite. The questions were pretty straightforward. I got the offer. The pay was less than what I had expected and I was given only 10 days to decide. At the time I was interviewing with other bigger companies hence I had to decline the offer. Overall process took a month. I was considering joining, but the very short deadline and insensitive attitude of the recruiter and manager changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy questions on machine learning, optimization, algorithm, coding, past work and research   1 Answer

Pay was poor and I was given a very short exploding deadline. The manager and recruiter seemed insensitive.

Data Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1 campus interview followed by a in person final round. Campus interview was fairly straightforward, with more behavioral questions. In person interview consisted of three smaller interviews with different people in the company. Only one or two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a Map side join? (After seeing Hadoop on resume)   Answer Question

Data Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

1 on-campus interview with a member of the team, followed by an onsite final round interview. The campus interview was very straightforward; It was primarily behavioral.

Onsite interview was 3.5 hours, and I spoke to 3 members of the team. The questions were a decent mix of technical and behavioral. Know your resume well, because they will drill you.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you were presented with a problem that you did not know how to solve?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief and organized. After the phone interview, there was an in person interview comprised of 3 45 minute interviews. The interviewers really wanted to see how I'd fit in to the program, and if the applicant was motivated to learn and apply themselves to all 3 rotations

Interview Questions

• If you were confident in your method of executing a task that was more efficient than what your supervisor advised, what would you do? No matter how much you tried to convince the supervisor, he advises against it.   1 Answer

Account Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a current employee, who heartily endorsed the company and even submitted a recommendation for me. A recruiter contacted me within a few days and scheduled a phone screening with me. The recruiter said he thought I'd be a good fit and then scheduled a 30-min phone interview with a manager who worked with the actual team.

I was disappointed when the manager sounded extremely bored and disengaged from the beginning to the end, despite my attempts to make small talk, use appropriate humor, and communicate my enthusiasm. The manager was clearly reading from a script and even repeated questions, and didn't seem to hear what I was saying. Some of the questions were quite nonsensical in context. Needless to say, I did not hear from manager nor recruiter, and I had to pester the initial kind employee who referred me to figure out that I had been eliminated some weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from project management and sales into account management?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you've coordinated multiple departments.   Answer Question