Conversant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Conversant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversant.

Interview

HR emailed me to set up a phone screen after I applied online three weeks ago. Two days after the phone screen, I interviewed with hiring managers. The third stage is onsite but I fail to make it.

Interview Questions

• HR asked me about my background and research experience. Hiring managers asked my research experience again but moved quickly to technical questions. Questions all belong to "top 100 data scientist interview questions" where you can found them from Google web search. I didn't answer well at that time since I spent all my time finishing my thesis. Now looking backward, these interview questions are easy and Conversant people are quite nice and friendly. Additionally, they are expanding company size and hiring data scientists recently. Give it a try.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First met with the technical recruiter. Then we arranged a 1 hour technical phone interview. After that I met with the engineering team. The overall process took roughly 3.5 hours. Very laid back interview process. I was asked behavioral/technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1 day equates to 1/7. For a total of 7 days (7/7) split the model using two lines to make this logic still hold true   Answer Question
    • Basic request/response cycle questions   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conversant in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a phone call. With the phone interview, I would recommend knowing the history of the company as well as what you can offer them by working there.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Conversant.

Interview

It was a phone screening. The two interviewers are very friendly and supportive. They give step by step guidance and lot of hint. Just remember to ask a lot of questions. They may keep description concise at the beginning, just to see that whether you know what information are needed to set up the problem. It is just a phone screening so I have to choose "no offer" below.

Interview Questions

• Optimization problem: minimize cost while keep marketing goals met   1 Answer
    • Detect robots   1 Answer

Software Engineer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, had a 30 minute phone interview, then a Super Day in Chicago. Asked me mostly behavioral questions during phone interview as well as some technical ones. Super Day consisted of three 45 minute interviews. First two interviews were mostly technical and last one was mostly behavioral. They asked me some of the same exact questions from my phone interview in person as well. It was my first technical interview ever so I didn't know what to expect. They are very helpful if you are stuck on technical questions.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was in contact with a recruiter. She initially called me for a phone interview and asked me a few general questions about why I was interested in the company, etc. About two weeks later she called me and asked me to come to the Chicago office for an interview. There were two sets of 30-minute interviews. My first round was with two men from the data warehouse department. They asked me general questions about my interests and experience in the technical field. Most of the time spent with them included one man talking for about 20 minutes about their complex data warehouse structure. My second round was with two software engineers from the ad server department. They asked me to solve a few puzzles and write a program on the white board. Overall it was a slightly intimidating process because I was cramped against a wall in a small room with two men grilling me on questions.

Interview Questions

• How many times does the hour hand cross the minute hand on a clock in a 24 hour period?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant.

Interview

30 minutes phone screening interview and easy questions. A few common behavior questions are based on your experience and resume. And a few easy coding question. It was a pleasant conversant. And I answer question quickly and correctly. But no invitation to the next step. I have no idea why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Describe a project that you participated.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Conversant in February 2017.

Interview

First a phone screening and then a in person interview. Both very positive and pleasant. The people I interacted with were extremely friendly and made me feel welcome. They even offered travel arrangements since I currently lived a few hours from the location.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a java interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conversant (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by HR to screen for hiring VP. They are looking for general skill set around product management and data analytics. Once they do the initial screening, you interview with the VP of Product Management which I believe is also by phone. The final round is a series of interviews with multiple people. They had a very specific person in mind for the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous experience relates to programmatic media   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conversant in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter, followed by a 30min phone interview with the Team Manager I would be working with. Then they sent a code exercise to complete, and after review of the performance of the code they decide whether or not to bring you in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is a Project you are most proud of?   Answer Question