Converse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Converse

2.4

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief, casual, cordial, very straight-to-the-point. Pretty quick too. It was two employees and myself, and I went through the work that I did and asked them some questions about what they do and how they like working there. I think it was split evenly between getting to know me and getting to know what they do.

Interview Questions

• Show us the work you've done as it relates to what the position entails.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Converse in October 2018.

Interview

I first met their university recruitment through a career fair at my university, where I supplied them with my resume. One of their recruiters followed up with me and told me about a Data Analytics internship, which I was not interested in. They did a screening call where they asked just basic questions (didn't really need to prepare), and then I told them I was more interested in marketing. I was given an interview with the person who heads marketing (not a recruiter), and I had a phone interview with them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. It was 3 interviews (1 with the HR representative over the phone, 1 with the marketing manager over the phone, and 1 final round with two marketing managers over video.) It was fairly easy-going and allowed me to speak honestly about my interest in marketing and why I was so passionate about Converse.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Converse (New York, NY).

Interview

i was interviewed and hired on the spot. My managers was warm and welcoming as he asked me various questions about my previous employment. Different experiences i have of good and bad customer service or have i ever been the customer receiving the service either good or bad.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Converse in November 2017.

Interview

They took around 2 weeks to get in touch for an interview after I submitted my resume and then it took another month to get a second, more focused, internship. I did both interviews over FaceTime.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Fresno, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Prescreening by recruiter, phone interview with DM, in person interview with DM, store manager panel, and a DM panel. Process was long and drawn out, bit very thourough. Company has since revamped their hiring process to make it more applicant friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a consumer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview was very simple, easy questions nothing out of the ordinary, very basic questions and two of the store managers where there to interview me the process was a little intimidating, but after a while it becomes natural, just keep a smile on your face and have energy, look alive

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Doral, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and uploaded my resume with the application. (Recommended) I've always worked in the restaurant business and this is my first retail. After a week and a half I got a call right after my last day of work at a restaurant (Talk about perfect timing) I was asked by the hiring manager if I had a couple minutes and I told him sure. I was a little startled when I realized he was giving me a phone interview at that I just clocked out of work and I had a long morning. But I went with the interview and was asked first about my application and work history and to confirm it, then he asked "why converse?" and honestly all i said was because i loved their work environment and i love converse and their sneakers. I thought I had messed up my interview but turns out he was really cool and scheduled me for an interview on tuesday (this was on a friday) and so I went. Knowing it's converse I went in with casual long sleeve from H&M (Plain black) cacky slim fit pants and my low top black and white classic converse. Do not go over dressed or in a suite and a tie. Go casual and for a plus wear nike's or chucks ! preferably chucks. It was a very chill and laid back interview and the managers were super beyond cool! I was greeted by two, one girl and another guy who was taking notes. It was a group interview ,5 including myself. One Thing is for sure is you NEED TO BE YOURSELF AND NOT BE NERVOUS. Go in confident and interact with the managers, mainly the one who's talking to you. I dropped a couple jokes here and there and made them all laugh and had a conversation with the managers and even the other people who cam to the interview. When they see you that comfortable and relaxed that's what they're looking for. Also one thing the guy manager stated was that they can teach you and train you how to work there and all, but personality is something they can't, which made a big point and i loved. They mainly looking for a great personality and someone they can invite to their family pretty much. So go there with confidence, dressed casual and interact with the managers. We were asked about 4 questions and took awhile due to the conversations in between. Took about an hour and 10 minutes, and was told they had a couple interviews and said they'll call or email us by friday. The next afternoon at 12 pm i got a call confirming my email and was told i got offered the position and will be sent an email to my background check.

Glassdoor helped a lot, listen and look through all the interview reviews, and just go with confidence and act like you're meeting new friends.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you was given a goal and how did you succeeded?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you was given a task and refused to do it and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview in the back of the store with four other potential employees, all in their late teens or early twenties. We were interviewed by the store manager and another manager, answering their questions one at a time as they took notes. The dudes on each end of the semicircle of interviewees had it worst off, because they were the ones asked the questions either first (no time to think) or last (have to follow-up others' answers).

It was pretty apparent that some of the interviewees had never been in an interview. Advice: look up, speak clearly, don't ask about discounts (it's 40%, you're welcome), and smile. Make sure you're answering the questions they're asking; it was boggling how the interviewers would ask for specific answers and people would respond in generalities. Also, blatant pandering doesn't get you anywhere.

Interview Questions

• General self-introduction: name, education, work experience   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Converse?   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you received great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you refused to do something that you were told to do or others were doing.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

Applied online, and called in the store for a follow up about three days after applying.

Luckily I spoke to the manager who said he was going to go through applications the next day but since I was already on the phone with him, he told me to come in the next Monday for an interview.

It's a group interview and it's whoever wants to answer first and everyone has to answer the questions. There were only four questions, all situational, and one being the "manager's most important question".

After the interview, he asked if we had any questions. One obviously being when do we get contacted back, and I guess the manager for the store I was applying to says that he will call those that got the job later that night. So if you don't get called, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you started a conversation with a stranger.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when an employee did something inappropriate during work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were not sure about instructions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • (Managers most important question) Describe your passion about Converse and why you want to work here?   Answer Question