Converse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Converse Interview Questions

Interviews at Converse

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview in the back of the store with four other potential employees, all in their late teens or early twenties. We were interviewed by the store manager and another manager, answering their questions one at a time as they took notes. The dudes on each end of the semicircle of interviewees had it worst off, because they were the ones asked the questions either first (no time to think) or last (have to follow-up others' answers).

It was pretty apparent that some of the interviewees had never been in an interview. Advice: look up, speak clearly, don't ask about discounts (it's 40%, you're welcome), and smile. Make sure you're answering the questions they're asking; it was boggling how the interviewers would ask for specific answers and people would respond in generalities. Also, blatant pandering doesn't get you anywhere.

Interview Questions

• General self-introduction: name, education, work experience   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Converse?   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you received great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you refused to do something that you were told to do or others were doing.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

Applied online, and called in the store for a follow up about three days after applying.

Luckily I spoke to the manager who said he was going to go through applications the next day but since I was already on the phone with him, he told me to come in the next Monday for an interview.

It's a group interview and it's whoever wants to answer first and everyone has to answer the questions. There were only four questions, all situational, and one being the "manager's most important question".

After the interview, he asked if we had any questions. One obviously being when do we get contacted back, and I guess the manager for the store I was applying to says that he will call those that got the job later that night. So if you don't get called, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you started a conversation with a stranger.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when an employee did something inappropriate during work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were not sure about instructions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • (Managers most important question) Describe your passion about Converse and why you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions, sit down one to one with the assistant manager, very chill and and laid back experience. I didn't feel nervous at all, it felt like I was talking to a friend. Very cool people

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a goal?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Very short about 5 minutes the lead asks what your goals are, clubs and other activities as well as availability im the store os everything to the managers they dont care if your in school. Simple questions.

Global Strategy Manager Interview

Interview

I had a call with the recruiter. During our call the recruiter didn't seem to know much if anything about the role. There were also an awkward pause in which she said she was going through my resume, and ended up implying it was too long or dense. I then had a call with a member of the team. I was supposed to speak with the hiring manager, but she ended up getting stuck in a meeting. The interview was mainly behavioral. I wasn't given case questions or anything of the sort. The interviewer did have to cut off the call a few minutes early- she did so abruptly toward the end. Perhaps she could have made it clear from the beginning that she had another engagement which might result in the call being cut off. After that call, I assumed that I would move on to the next round of interviews and the team member intimated as such, saying she would speak to the hiring manager and that I would speak to the hiring manager next. The following Monday I follow up with the recruiter and she tells me they're not proceeding, First of all, it looks like if I hadn't reached out to the recruiter she would not have bothered reaching out to me, which is completely unprofessional. Secondly, it was extremely misleading and unprofessional of the team member to intimate that I would be moving forward when that turns out to not be the case. Why even mention that prematurely if it turns out not to be the case after all? Overall, I'm not impressed with Converse's recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• What are ways in which we can use digital to improve the consumer experience?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Long, all day affair -Basic questions, not very challenging. I met with 3-5 people on 2 different days. They all asked the same type of questions, typical ones. Be prepared to sit there all day, block off several hours of your day for sure.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30, 60 , 90 day plan if you were to get this role.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position and then contacted someone I know in the company to have them pass my resume along. Got a phone sceening a month later. And then another phone interview after then. Got asked to come in and interview in person where I met with 4 managers for Financial Analyst Positions. The interview was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Business books do you read?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach explaining things to people based on their skill level?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

On campus interview. Very simple and typical interview the first round. Talked about myself then followed by behavioral questions, and questions at the end. They emphasized on communication a lot on how to deliberate the financial statement to simple words.

Operations Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took a little over a month from the date I applied. I applied Feb 20th and got the job March 30th. I got a call about 2-3 days after I applied online from the district HR manager (I believe her to be), she's essentially the entire Nike/Converse talent manager. We talked on the phone about basic interview questions about myself and what I currently do, as well as the salary I currently make now. From the very beginning she was transparent as to what the salary for my position would be, which she said was about 40K+. After that she said she'd be in contact with the store manager at the store I applied to, and that the store manager would contact me after. About 4 days later the store manager contacted me and asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview, she asked me a couple of questions which I'll put below but they were pretty easy and could be answered by anyone that WAS actually qualified to do this job. After that she told me she'd schedule a panel interview, which I did about 2 weeks later. The store manager prepared me for it, she practiced the questions with me beforehand, and when the day came It was a conference call that I had to be on with 3 different people who work in the district. I talked to them on the phone while I was at home, and they asked me questions that were based on 7 different key competencies the company goes by. After that, I asked them some questions, and heard about 3 days later from the store manager saying the panel interview went great and that I needed to talk to the District Manager on the phone for the last step. He called me 2 days later and it was a very short talk. He just asked about my current job what I do, and why I wanted to work at converse. He also asked how I coach, develop, and motivate my team to achieve goals and drive metrics. About 4 days from that the store manager called me and offered me the position. The pay was nice and above the standard, which was more than what I was currently getting paid anyway.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and your manager disagreed about something you had to do. How did you come to a resolution? Who approached who about the issue?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your team to achieve goals? In turn, give a time you had to coach someone through something   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you coached and developed someone to achieve a higher level of success?   Answer Question
    • What is 1 thing you need to develop in as a leader?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Converse (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and laid-back. I was interviewed with 2 other people and was able to keep the conversation at a casual pace. Was asked to introduce ourselves and a little bit about what we like to do and what we do in certain situations.