Converse Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Converse Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Converse

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse (Central Valley, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

application call face to face acceptance. quick easy process, make sure you follow up with hiring manager. make sure you quickly reply back to voicemails and missed calls. show you care and arrive early.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Converse

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

The process was easy and laid back. The questions were not out of the ordinary and I felt at ease. A genuine passion for the brand definitely helps with the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that asked about availability, personality, and experience with the brand. Soon after, I went into the store itself and had a group interview with about 6 people with the assistant and store manager. I found out that I got the position about 1 1/2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a particular consumer experience that stood out to you?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you tried something new.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview was very simple, easy questions nothing out of the ordinary, very basic questions and two of the store managers where there to interview me the process was a little intimidating, but after a while it becomes natural, just keep a smile on your face and have energy, look alive

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Doral, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and uploaded my resume with the application. (Recommended) I've always worked in the restaurant business and this is my first retail. After a week and a half I got a call right after my last day of work at a restaurant (Talk about perfect timing) I was asked by the hiring manager if I had a couple minutes and I told him sure. I was a little startled when I realized he was giving me a phone interview at that I just clocked out of work and I had a long morning. But I went with the interview and was asked first about my application and work history and to confirm it, then he asked "why converse?" and honestly all i said was because i loved their work environment and i love converse and their sneakers. I thought I had messed up my interview but turns out he was really cool and scheduled me for an interview on tuesday (this was on a friday) and so I went. Knowing it's converse I went in with casual long sleeve from H&M (Plain black) cacky slim fit pants and my low top black and white classic converse. Do not go over dressed or in a suite and a tie. Go casual and for a plus wear nike's or chucks ! preferably chucks. It was a very chill and laid back interview and the managers were super beyond cool! I was greeted by two, one girl and another guy who was taking notes. It was a group interview ,5 including myself. One Thing is for sure is you NEED TO BE YOURSELF AND NOT BE NERVOUS. Go in confident and interact with the managers, mainly the one who's talking to you. I dropped a couple jokes here and there and made them all laugh and had a conversation with the managers and even the other people who cam to the interview. When they see you that comfortable and relaxed that's what they're looking for. Also one thing the guy manager stated was that they can teach you and train you how to work there and all, but personality is something they can't, which made a big point and i loved. They mainly looking for a great personality and someone they can invite to their family pretty much. So go there with confidence, dressed casual and interact with the managers. We were asked about 4 questions and took awhile due to the conversations in between. Took about an hour and 10 minutes, and was told they had a couple interviews and said they'll call or email us by friday. The next afternoon at 12 pm i got a call confirming my email and was told i got offered the position and will be sent an email to my background check.

Glassdoor helped a lot, listen and look through all the interview reviews, and just go with confidence and act like you're meeting new friends.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you was given a goal and how did you succeeded?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you was given a task and refused to do it and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview in the back of the store with four other potential employees, all in their late teens or early twenties. We were interviewed by the store manager and another manager, answering their questions one at a time as they took notes. The dudes on each end of the semicircle of interviewees had it worst off, because they were the ones asked the questions either first (no time to think) or last (have to follow-up others' answers).

It was pretty apparent that some of the interviewees had never been in an interview. Advice: look up, speak clearly, don't ask about discounts (it's 40%, you're welcome), and smile. Make sure you're answering the questions they're asking; it was boggling how the interviewers would ask for specific answers and people would respond in generalities. Also, blatant pandering doesn't get you anywhere.

Interview Questions

• General self-introduction: name, education, work experience   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Converse?   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you received great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of a time you refused to do something that you were told to do or others were doing.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

Applied online, and called in the store for a follow up about three days after applying.

Luckily I spoke to the manager who said he was going to go through applications the next day but since I was already on the phone with him, he told me to come in the next Monday for an interview.

It's a group interview and it's whoever wants to answer first and everyone has to answer the questions. There were only four questions, all situational, and one being the "manager's most important question".

After the interview, he asked if we had any questions. One obviously being when do we get contacted back, and I guess the manager for the store I was applying to says that he will call those that got the job later that night. So if you don't get called, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you started a conversation with a stranger.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when an employee did something inappropriate during work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were not sure about instructions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • (Managers most important question) Describe your passion about Converse and why you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions, sit down one to one with the assistant manager, very chill and and laid back experience. I didn't feel nervous at all, it felt like I was talking to a friend. Very cool people

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a goal?   1 Answer