Convio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convio (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The recruiter responded to me quickly after I applied online. We set up a time to talk on the phone via e-mail Well when that day came she was 30min late calling me and when she did she had to reschedule due to a meeting that went over. So we set a new date. When that date arrived she didn't call me on time AGAIN. I ended up calling her. She apologized and said her calender didn't reminder her to call me. So we talked about general job duties and how I felt about the company. She set me up with a phone interview with the manager. He called the next day ON TIME. We had a great talk and he was a nice guy. He wanted me to come in and meet with the members of the team I would be working on. So I went in for the in person interviews. I met with like 6 people total. In sets of mini interviews. Everyone was generally nice for the most part. Lastly I met with the manger in person we talked for a while then he said for me to follow up with either him or the HR lady I had been talking to. I waited a couple of days and sent everyone I interviewed with thank you cards. Then I sent an e-mail to the HR lady and the manger. Not response. So I didn't get it but I was disappointed that they couldn't at least shoot me an e-mail saying they were not moving forward with me. It made me change my outlook on this company.

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Convio (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Great interview but took very long to get follow up. The questions were not very probing or thoughtful. The job description itself was somewhat vague and when asked, the interviewer spoke in terms of the "constant change" occurring at the executive level and that s/he wasn't real sure exactly what would be happening next. Otherwise, the interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you chose to apply for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Convio in April 2011.

Interview

Sent my resume in the morning. Got an email in the afternoon for a phone interview the next morning with the hiring manager, I think. The call was on time. The person did not make small talk, nor explain the requirements for the position or what they did. Just started out with "Tell me about a time...". About 20 of these questions. Then I got the opportunity to ask about the position, etc. No call back or email. After about a week, I looked at my account on their site and saw that I was not selected.

I was stunned at the way this was done, because this is one of my target companies and I really like their product and what they do for the community. But the way the interview and followup was handled, it makes me wonder about the internal workings at the company.