Cook Out General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cook Out General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cook Out

1.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

It is a classroom type environment. Then a one on one interview. Take a hard copy of your resume, and have a positive attitude. Wear business casual, and don't have a lot of facial hair, or visible tattoos.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cook Out

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cook Out.

Interview

Very un-organized. Met at a location that had zero Cook-Out signs. Made it rather difficult to find. This interview was brief, with the usual questions. I was contacted by phone one week later and was offered an MIT position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you were faced with, how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was zero negotiations with many questions left unanswered.

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Out (Maryville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview lasted about 5 minutes, the second interview about 2 minutes, he was very vague about my job description and my salary. two days later he emailed me and told me he had a GM position for me at a salary of $1,200 biweekly and it would be a 90 day training at another store. I asked if they would be a raise after my training period. He said no, that the base pay would not change but I would qualify for bonuses....I had to work 53 hrs.to make my $1200.00 base. The whole deal seems a bit sketchy, I have held management positions for over 20 years and NEVER had a DM make the schedule for my store! Sounds like they are telling Indians that they are chief just to get cheap labor. Again I was offered the job a with a lot of unanswered questions, supposed to start in 1 week but I don't think I will. The search continues...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

its the worset interview i have ever seen in my past 20 years .....first of all the dm was late 20 minutes ..did not say sorry or any thing...we were 4 applicants ..we sat in this filthy filthy office, the dm even had the nerve to tell us how filthy his office is ?? then we sat for 40 minutes listtening to him talking about cookout...and at the end he tells us that we have 2 minutes per person ( 1on1)...really 2 minutes..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Out (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

Company has no website info, called by a recruiter asked to interview at a nearby Starbucks the offer was good but they want your life in return, 52 hours minimum you will "manage fron the grill center" if you're really in need of employment and do not need a personal life and can cook a hamburger look into it.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Raleigh, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

looked over resume..asked a few questions..come back thursday for foolow-up..hired

Negotiation

no neg..i told him what i wanted.. he came back with something close.. i accepted..actually was higher than most employees there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Out (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online through a third party website. 5 days had passed and i hadnt heard anything from anyone so i decided to call and check on the status of my application. I was set up for an interview for the following week. The interview consisted of a group presentation(it was about 8 other candidates there also) that lasted for about 30 min. Then we were all called one by one to have an 1:1 interview by on of the HR reps(there were two of them and they were very nice and professional). They asked about my years experience in the field, they asked about my knowledge of Cook Out(if i had ever heard of them or eaten there before), they asked me what were my strengths and weaknesses and I believe that was it. The interview was pretty quick and to the point. I was told that they would call me for an second interview if they were interested(they never specified a time frame). I received a call about a week later for an second interview. I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about Cook Out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Gaffney, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Mom and Pop operation and it showed. Two "interviews" 5 minutes each, two different HR Reps, both late for the appt with no apology, wearing jeans, loafers, no socks (not kidding!). After second "interview" was promised an offer within 7-10 days. 3 weeks later still no call. I called them after leaving 2 VM's requesting contact, was told that I would have received a call within a week if they were interested. Shoulda' know better; if HR doesn't have their stuff together, the company can't either. Amounted to a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• When would you be willing to start?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Out (High Point, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Replied to a Craigslist ad for new locations coming soon. Arrived to my scheduled interview 20 minutes early. The hotel was unaware of any scheduled cookout interviews upon my arrival. The cookout representative arrived 10 minutes late and was dressed in jeans and appeared to only then book a meeting room. 15 minutes after the scheduled interview was to start, 5 prospective applicants were all called into a meeting room. The rep was somewhat arrogant throughout the entire presentation and the 5 minute one on one interview. It appeared as if he did not really want to be there. I felt as if I was attending an Amway meeting since the basic focus was on how much money you could make and their awesome bonus plans. He gave no official title and when questioned about the starting salaries vs advertized "starting wages" was fairly vague. Apparently everyone goes through a 90 day training with no guarantee of a position or salary upon completion and any previous experience you may have is a mute point as it has no value what so ever. Considerable travel was expected to the training locations with a vague explanation about travel expenses during the process. Stores are open until 3 or 4 AM and the basic GM scheduled they gave us was ridicules. Both of your scheduled days off were closing shifts, followed by your day off only to return the next day to open. There will be no quality of life with this company at all. I attempted to do extensive research on this company with a lot of dead end leads. What I did find was pretty negative. They have no official company web page. Privately owed and very arrogant in their approach. Be Aware, you have been warned!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work at least 52.5 hours per week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Murray, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

Walked into a conference room at a hotel. Given a presentation and then interviewed individually. During individual interview, I was asked to do a background check. After submitting background check, 2 days later I received a call with an offer. When I responded back to offer by leaving a message, another cook-out employee called me back and said we will notify you when we've made a management decision. They are clueless about what they are doing?

Interview Questions

Very disorganized. I asked about insurance for my family, recruiter didn't know. So I called their benefits department, $868 a month. Wow!!