Cook Out Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cook Out Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Business Casual for interview. You bring your resume, and fill out another application. We had about 30 people in one room. Watched a video explaining how the company began it's start. Pay breakdown. Bonus breakdown. Operation hours. Then you get a one on one interview that lasts about five minutes. It is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Have you ever eaten at cook out? Tell me about your experience in this field.   Answer Question

Got another offer from another establishment.

Other Interview Reviews for Cook Out

Anonymous Employee in Carriere, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Out (Carriere, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a great interview process. Two interviews and for the most part one of the best I have ever had in my 28 yr work experience. It was a joy working for this company

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Out in September 2015.

Interview

Brief and vague, no negotiations on salary for anyone. All salaries based on base lines, with differences being position and bonuses. From what I got from interview, you get one salary for a certain position no matter how long you hold said position, if you get promoted you step up $50 a week. Once you get to GM status you are eligible for all bonuses. $800 difference between lowest level manager and highest.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cook Out in July 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume to email off craigslist. Got a call the next day for an interview at 915am. (Only downside was they weren't open yet so I was waiting ) their were 3 other people and the hiring manager gave us about a 20 minute speech on the company and the Opertunity. It was super informative. Did one on one interviews (bring a copy of resume and dress nice), it went very well. Was told I'd get a call back in 3 to 5 days, they called me the next day and asked for a background check (had to pay $20). Sent that in and scheduled the second interview. Went in to go over any other questions, and started the following monday. Easy they say it's $40,000 a year but it's $1200 biweekly. 26 paychecks a year it's only $31,200 a year, but you can get bonuses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negociation. I only stayed for 2 weeks. You work 60 hours a week, no breaks during 11 and 13 hour shifts, and it was only equally about $10 an hour. So I left the company.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out.

Interview

terrible interview, did not even look up from his phone for the first 10 minutes. Just asked if I had a resume' and waved me to sit down.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions....just the same one various different ways   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Out in October 2014.

Interview

Standard process e- mail resume to HR followed by scheduling a meeting / interview there was the initial interview followed by a second in-depth interview questions range from how did you hear about us to why do you want to work for cook-out where do you see yourself in 3 years etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Out (Wilmington, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email to this company. I received a reply asking me to call them. After calling, I was set up with a first interview that actually ended up being more like a sales pitch for the company. 30 minutes was used talking about the company and about 5 minutes was used talking about me. I had to call the HR department to find out if I would get a second interview. I was told that I had to do a background check ($20 out of pocket) and based on those results, she would call me to set up a 2nd interview. She never called me, I had to call her instead. I was then set up a 2nd interview which I arrived to early. After the 2nd interview, I was told that I would be a good fit for the company and I could expect to start training in a week or so. The district manager then told me he would call me in a day or so. Never received a call from him. When I called the HR director, she told me that she did not know what was going on and would call me in a day or so. Never called back.
    So, here is the run down; I spent $30 in gas to travel to the first interview, $20 for a background check, and $30 more dollars to drive to a second interview only to never receive any decision. Do not consider a job with this company unless you are desperate.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions. In my opinion, the persons doing the interviews was not very good at doing them.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cook Out in November 2012.

Interview

One group interview followed by a second one on one interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Out (Virginia (South Africa)).

Interview

After submitting an inquiry online, I received an email from their corporate office within half an hour and a phone call from one of their representatives 10 minutes after that. The woman I spoke with, Ashton, immediately scheduled an interview for me that week with their general manager, Catie. They cancelled and rescheduled my interview twice. My initial interview was scheduled June 7th, but it didn't actually happen till June 28th.

I arrived at the restaurant early and was told to take a seat at one if the booths. After about 10 minutes, Catie came out and introduced herself. She was very high energy.

She gave me a paper application to fill out. Under Work Experience, she told me to write "See attached resume." After I filled out the application, I went to another booth and sat down across from her, handing her my resume. She gave it a perfunctory glance then launched into your typical interview questions: where do you see yourself in two years, how would you improve slumping sales, what is your greatest strength, what would you say was your proudest moment?

It lasted about 10 minutes. She seemed gruff, distracted and disinterested, and had no sense of humor. After asking me if I had any questions, she told me she'd contact me within a few days, and then the ball would be in my court as to when I would start.

I hadn't heard from her after two weeks, so I emailed their corporate office. I received an email from Ashton in response, saying that she had spoken with Catie, and she had decided to go in a different direction.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out in December 2010.

Interview

I was called several times by a recruiter. I had never even heard of this restaurant before they called me. They initiated the interview. I drove 5 hours round trip for an interview meeting at a Starbucks. I spent almost $50 in gas. The interviewer asked a couple of general questions and then asked why I would like to work for Cook Out. The whole process lasted about 5 to 7 minutes. I don't think the guy could've gotten a very accurate assessment of my abilities with such limited questions and such a short amount of time.