Cook Pharmica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and a series of in person interviews. The phone interviews each consisted of a somewhat casual 30 min conversation where the interviewer described the company and asked a few questions about my background. They only asked a few "HR style" behavioral interview questions and were mostly interested in my resume. The in person interviews consisted of a lunch, tour, and 5 back to back interviews. Though each one was slightly different they mostly consisted of questions asking about my background and experiences. Very few questions were behavioral questions or traditional interview style questions. Most of the interviews were fairly laid back.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica in February 2017.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, a phone interview by the hiring manager and an on site interview about a week later. This was for an experienced position. The job was located in Bloomington, IN which is a very nice college town in the hill country of southern Indiana.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever implemented a change that was rolled out across multiple functional areas?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

There was a standard phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. Many questions pertained to equipment, experience with machinery, exerience with SOPs and working in a GMP environment. It was not an intimidating setting, the interviewers were personable and fairly casual with an open dialogue. It was an area supervisor (Team Coordinator) and an HR representative who were present.

Manufactoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Was working for Cook Medical, Parent Company for past 7 years. I was ready for a change and for a more structured work enviroment. The job I was applying for was very similiar to my job at Medical

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Cook Pharmica   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I has submitted my resume through my University which led to a phone interview. The phone interview last between 30-40 minutes. I was then granted an on site interview. I first met and talked with one of the general human resource people for about another 15 minutes or so. After that I met with some from the department I was applying for and talked for about 30-45 minutes. I later learned I was one of the last internship hires so this may not be the typical hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome a challenge you had never previously faced?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that you have worked on that required problem solving/ critical thinking skills.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you have created extra value for your firm?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

Selected for an open house. At the open house we learned about the company and applied to different divisions. After the open house, you are brought back to interview for specific positions in the company.

Process Engineer - Drug Substance Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied trough a recruiter. The process took 2 months. After they told me that i was the candidate. I gave them some professional references about one of the manufacturers of their machines and they called them to ask about business but they never asked about myself. I sent 4 emails to the recruiter and I am still waiting for his answer. They are very unprofessional and they are unethical. They never gave me an asnwer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about, what did i know about syringe filler machine.   Answer Question

QC Microbiology Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Met QC Director, QC Supervisor, Environmental Monitoring Team Lead, and HR Generalist in a conference room. Introduced self and discussed career goals and interest in position. Asked questions as they came up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you employed excellent teamwork and how you personally went above and beyond to ensure the qualities of the company were met   1 Answer

Process Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process takes about 2 months. Since it was an internship, the interview wasn't very strict. First, HR and PD director came to my university giving us a brief interview. A month later, the onsite interview was with scientist in three PD groups in COOK Pharmica.

Document Specialist Interview

Interview

I was recruited from within the company and did not have to answer any questions. I would receive requests from different departments to do some labor intensive task involving documents. Since I was efficient, I began to receive requests from several Managers and I never interviewed with any of them. My initial interview into Cook Pharmica was with a 4 person team. Each person asked me questions and I answered them in turn. I was then given an opportunity to ask my own questions. I received a phone call the same day with a time to report to work the following morning. I was pleased with the hiring team's efficiency.

Negotiation

There would be a bonus after an x amount of time.