Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Shelby, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Short, quick, and to the point. There were two people interviewing me, the head of HR and the head of Accounting. Both were asking simple and expected questions, but wanted very detailed answers. Everyone was extremely polite and helpful. I turned down the job for personal reasons.

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Discussion of past work. Resume review. Cultural compatibility questions. Why do you want to work for Cooper Lighting? I was an internal transfer candidate from another OpCo, so the process was not typical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your manufacturing engineering experience   1 Answer

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter, then phone screening with hiring manager followed with an on-site. Standard interview with various cross functional roles. Behavioral based questions requiring STAR responses. 5 separate one on one interviews.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

The interview is pretty standardized. There are multiple people reading off a script. The hiring process it hit or miss as sometime "getting approval to make an offer" after the interview is complete and candidate selected can take a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They made a very fair offer, we came to an agreement in terms and moved forward.

DRP Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree City, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR rep who seemed a bit aloof. I was then brought in for a face to face interview session with HR, a director and hiring manager. It was a little awkward for various reasons including the fact it was casual Friday, everyone was dressed down and hiring manager was preoccupied with her nails after the first 10 minutes.

It took about 3 weeks for them to circle back and send me an automated notice that I was not selected for the role.

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Syracuse, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Cross-functional interview process. Interviewed by folks who had intimate knowledge of the role and others who were evaluating the personal attributes of the applicant. I on't have anything else to say to meet the minimum word requirement for this category.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two managers and I was hired by one. I was walked through the facility to show the nature of the business and hired on the spot after answering a few manufacturing related questions. I was offered a very good salary and the Director of Manufacturing Engineering was an excellent person to work for. He was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Negotiation

I was offered a good enough salary that I did not need to negotiate. It exceeded my expectations and the former employer's salary by a long shot.

Ebs Developer Interview

Interview

5 level interview. Good technological evaluation. HR questions are relevant and practical.
    Tech leads are knowledgeable and were more interested in the programmer mentality then specific technology / syntax related questions.

Interview Questions

• scenario based questions in both technological and HR interviews are good.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep at corporate that went over my background and confirmed that I would be a good fit for the position. Then had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager at the facility. Interview was about 40 minutes long and a lot of questions about past specific experiences, tell men you dealt with....

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time you had a conflict with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit