Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.9

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Syracuse, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Cross-functional interview process. Interviewed by folks who had intimate knowledge of the role and others who were evaluating the personal attributes of the applicant. I on't have anything else to say to meet the minimum word requirement for this category.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I spent approx. 15 minutes on a call with the Human Resources person. He seemed impressed with my skills and decided to schedule another call with him and the Sales Manager.

After rearranging my day to be available for the second call, it never happened. After waiting 10 minutes for him to call, I rang his line and there was no answer. I contacted the operator to have him paged and he was out of the office. I left a voice message asking if call was being rescheduled. He called me back a few hours later saying he would have to reschedule.

We rescheduled. This time I emailed to confirm the call 24 hours in advance and it was confirmed. Again, I got no call after rearranging my work day again to take the call. I did not bother to call nor email again.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2012.

good

Interview Questions

• what was the thing that you couldn't do very well?   1 Answer

Buyer Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a former employee

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Ellisville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

This interview was my first panel interview. I met with people from different departments. Therefore, I think I was more stressed than I would have been on a 1:1 interview. In this particular buildings there are many meeting rooms, so it felt like I was being lead through a maze. It was all very professional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 10 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2013.

Interview

From the phone calls necessary to set up the interview - to the actual interview itself, the process was extremely professional. The individuals who attended were prompt and attentive. The questions asked were all very relevant and important. When describing the position - the managers were informative and descriptive. I felt that the managers present represented their company in a very positive light and was encouraged by all that we discussed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 'how would I handle a situation where I already had a full task list for the day, and was informed that a client called with a large quantity of product needed...that we did not have'.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

After I applied, I got a call from the HR who scheduled an interview with the product manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain about the projects you handled. talk about your proj mgmt experience   Answer Question
    • Why did you chose to study marketing   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't received the next call yet

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Ellisville, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavior based questions. Most "difficult" was to provide thoughts on how to solve a problem that I had never faced before (the intent of the question was to see how I worked through to a solution, not necessarily the solution itself)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation on salary and bonus

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with applying online, submitting resume. Several calls with HR screening, then set up interview date and schedule. In person interviews lasted about 4 hours with 4 interview teams including human resources, management, sales, marketing and engineering. The process was very formal and the interview wasn't questions, it was more of providing examples of my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to modify your strategy midstream.   Answer Question