Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Shelby, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Short, quick, and to the point. There were two people interviewing me, the head of HR and the head of Accounting. Both were asking simple and expected questions, but wanted very detailed answers. Everyone was extremely polite and helpful. I turned down the job for personal reasons.

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with applying online, submitting resume. Several calls with HR screening, then set up interview date and schedule. In person interviews lasted about 4 hours with 4 interview teams including human resources, management, sales, marketing and engineering. The process was very formal and the interview wasn't questions, it was more of providing examples of my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to modify your strategy midstream.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Hiring consisted of: Online tests for numerical and verbal reasoning, telephone interview with competency/experience based questions and assessment day. Assessment day consisted of: Timed general test (that you are not expected to finish, so just try your best), 2 problem solving roleplays (responding to emails on behalf of your manager who is away, I think they want you to try your best and accept all responsibility), interpretation of a business case and then presentation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult I found was one of the problem solving roleplays which consisted of dealing with a disgruntled employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

Interview

Firstly, telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based.
    Secondly, there were a set of online tests. Not too difficult, but sometimes time was not enough to answer the last few questions. Good advise would be to practice online before you do those.
    Lastly, there was an assessment center for 1 whole day. First half of the day had IQ test, Presentation, and emails task; second half of the day had 1 to 1 interview, group work and individual problem solving situation where it was a role play between me and one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team. What difficulties did you have, if any? How did you manage those?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent achievement that you are proud of?   Answer Question

ALP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Syracuse, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

It was my second round interview when I apply the leadership program upon my graduation. It is a rotational program among functions. The interview group was about 30 ppl, and we knew only less than 10 would get the offer. The interview was quite intensive while talking to 3 ppl in the whole morning. All of them are VP level but from different divisions, and most of them are behavior and case based. Always there is a resume read thru and threw questions like your weakness, why this company, your experience for leadership, team working, and your career goal.

Graduate Rotation Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in September 2009.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview with an HR rep. Mostly just behavioral questions. Some questions about my resume. It only lasted about 20 minutes because of one interviewer not showing up. Topics included: leadership, likes, weaknesses, strengths, skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge that you've ever faced?   1 Answer

Supplier Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

3rd party recruiter sent email about this opportunity and then had a phone screen. Then the recruiter arranged the onsite interview. Took the shuttle bus to the campus to have the onsite interview with the hiring manager and director. 1 week a later the offer letter was received.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in supplier development?
      How can you improve supplier's on time delivery rate?
      How to drive cost down?
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Group interview, all day affair. Several people people at different times asking 'clever' interview questions that are easily prepared. No provisions for lunch were made. One interviewer wanted to talk about sports teams, another would ask a question and then immediately ask another when starting to answer. Because of recent organizational changes, none of the of the interviewers knew anything about either the industry or products that this department was going to be responsible for, so no specific questions could be asked. No follow-up or communication afterwards, no thanks but no thanks even.

Interview Questions

• What would other people say your greatest weakness is that really isn't?   Answer Question