Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Shelby, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Short, quick, and to the point. There were two people interviewing me, the head of HR and the head of Accounting. Both were asking simple and expected questions, but wanted very detailed answers. Everyone was extremely polite and helpful. I turned down the job for personal reasons.

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with applying online, submitting resume. Several calls with HR screening, then set up interview date and schedule. In person interviews lasted about 4 hours with 4 interview teams including human resources, management, sales, marketing and engineering. The process was very formal and the interview wasn't questions, it was more of providing examples of my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to modify your strategy midstream.   Answer Question

DRP Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree City, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR rep who seemed a bit aloof. I was then brought in for a face to face interview session with HR, a director and hiring manager. It was a little awkward for various reasons including the fact it was casual Friday, everyone was dressed down and hiring manager was preoccupied with her nails after the first 10 minutes.

It took about 3 weeks for them to circle back and send me an automated notice that I was not selected for the role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Hiring consisted of: Online tests for numerical and verbal reasoning, telephone interview with competency/experience based questions and assessment day. Assessment day consisted of: Timed general test (that you are not expected to finish, so just try your best), 2 problem solving roleplays (responding to emails on behalf of your manager who is away, I think they want you to try your best and accept all responsibility), interpretation of a business case and then presentation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult I found was one of the problem solving roleplays which consisted of dealing with a disgruntled employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree City, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was 5 hour long. There is many power electronics technical questions. I though for sure for the question that I will be designing LED driver, but so far there are not many design projects.

Interview Questions

• How to make a power regulator with a transistor, an opamp, and a zener diode.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Interviewed by seven engineers. All asked technical questions for 2 and 1/2 hour long. And the job was just an entry-level position.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

Negotiation

no negotiation

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Multi-panel interview process with many different people

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2012.

good

Interview Questions

• what was the thing that you couldn't do very well?   1 Answer