Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Buyer Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a former employee

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I spent approx. 15 minutes on a call with the Human Resources person. He seemed impressed with my skills and decided to schedule another call with him and the Sales Manager.

After rearranging my day to be available for the second call, it never happened. After waiting 10 minutes for him to call, I rang his line and there was no answer. I contacted the operator to have him paged and he was out of the office. I left a voice message asking if call was being rescheduled. He called me back a few hours later saying he would have to reschedule.

We rescheduled. This time I emailed to confirm the call 24 hours in advance and it was confirmed. Again, I got no call after rearranging my work day again to take the call. I did not bother to call nor email again.

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Ebs Developer Interview

Interview

5 level interview. Good technological evaluation. HR questions are relevant and practical.
    Tech leads are knowledgeable and were more interested in the programmer mentality then specific technology / syntax related questions.

Interview Questions

• scenario based questions in both technological and HR interviews are good.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

The interview is pretty standardized. There are multiple people reading off a script. The hiring process it hit or miss as sometime "getting approval to make an offer" after the interview is complete and candidate selected can take a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They made a very fair offer, we came to an agreement in terms and moved forward.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2009.

Interview

Applied internally for supervisor position.
    I was only asked a couple of pointless questions and then he didn't listen to the answers.
    I had 16 years experience in this department which did not even enter in to the interview.
    Department head only interviewed so it appeared applicants could be promoted from within.
    No applicant was promoted.
    A totally unqualified supervisor was hired from outside the company.
    Department head was very new also. Seemed like he wanted someone who was unfamiliar with our operation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle disagreements with your decisions?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two managers and I was hired by one. I was walked through the facility to show the nature of the business and hired on the spot after answering a few manufacturing related questions. I was offered a very good salary and the Director of Manufacturing Engineering was an excellent person to work for. He was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Negotiation

I was offered a good enough salary that I did not need to negotiate. It exceeded my expectations and the former employer's salary by a long shot.