Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (West Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

About 3 weeks after my initial phone screen I got a call for an in person interview, which was scheduled for 3 hours with 5 different people:
    1) supply chain manager
    2) business director (tour) and HR rep (no show)
    3) MATERIALS MANAGER AND DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS

I got feedback quickly. They said I had too mutch strategic experience, which was clearly outlined on my resume. Either they wanted someone who would do exactly what materials wanted or they had to cancel the recquisition because they got bought by Eaton this week.

Interview Questions

• What are your daily tactical purchasing duties   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation in progress

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

I first heard about this job through our college job-portal. First round of interview was held in university. This interview was for 30 min. Interviewer asked me about the projects on my resume. After a week I got an e-mail asking me to set up an in-site interview. This interview was at Cooper Bussman division headquarters which is located in St.Louis, MO. I had four 30 min interview. One HR round and three technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• You are in a boat and you threw the anchor into the river. The anchor settled on the lake floor. What happens to the level of water before and after the anchor is dropped ?   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What is your most challenging class?   1 Answer
    • What is your most enjoyable class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

If you are so fortunate to have the company recruit at your campus or have some inside contact in the company, the interview process is pretty straightforward. It is typically a 2-3 step interview process to whittle down the applicant pool to the most qualified candidates. Expect a quick reply after the interview process and expect to respond quickly (Approx 7 days and expect to receive your offer well ahead of the schedules of other companies).

Interview Questions

• The proverbial difficult question of course: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The terms are very rigid and I did not find much room for negotiation.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

Negotiation

no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Had on campus interview with Cooper, later was asked for second interview. Me plus 40 or so other candidates interviewed down in Houston. The process was pretty formal. Dinner, tour, questions for a panel of employees. Interviews were 3 ten minute sessions with random employees. Overall the experience was good, just a lot of competition.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

phone interview, then interview with senior directors at headquarters, i had an interview with the director of talent management, then director of sourcing then vp of operations manager.