Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I spent approx. 15 minutes on a call with the Human Resources person. He seemed impressed with my skills and decided to schedule another call with him and the Sales Manager.

After rearranging my day to be available for the second call, it never happened. After waiting 10 minutes for him to call, I rang his line and there was no answer. I contacted the operator to have him paged and he was out of the office. I left a voice message asking if call was being rescheduled. He called me back a few hours later saying he would have to reschedule.

We rescheduled. This time I emailed to confirm the call 24 hours in advance and it was confirmed. Again, I got no call after rearranging my work day again to take the call. I did not bother to call nor email again.

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with applying online, submitting resume. Several calls with HR screening, then set up interview date and schedule. In person interviews lasted about 4 hours with 4 interview teams including human resources, management, sales, marketing and engineering. The process was very formal and the interview wasn't questions, it was more of providing examples of my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to modify your strategy midstream.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Group interview, all day affair. Several people people at different times asking 'clever' interview questions that are easily prepared. No provisions for lunch were made. One interviewer wanted to talk about sports teams, another would ask a question and then immediately ask another when starting to answer. Because of recent organizational changes, none of the of the interviewers knew anything about either the industry or products that this department was going to be responsible for, so no specific questions could be asked. No follow-up or communication afterwards, no thanks but no thanks even.

Interview Questions

• What would other people say your greatest weakness is that really isn't?   Answer Question

District Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2013.

Interview

This was a field position. First interview was face-to-face with hiring manager in the territory I would support. Second interview was a series of interviews at company headquarters with the 2nd level manager (VP), and 3 others, including representatives from Marketing and Customer Service.

Interview with hiring manager was good. He asked good, relevant questions and also did a good job explaining the opportunity.

Interviews at HQ went smoothly, too. HR rep was very accommodating, set me up in a conference room and the various interviewers stopped by at their appointed times and interviewed me.

A smooth process overall and all interviews were relevant to the job (no completely off-the-wall questions). Some of the questions were repetitive, as you might expect when you have 4 interviews back-to-back.

Interview Questions

• Two questions threw me a bit. One was to describe a goal that you set for yourself, how you went about achieving it, and the results. Another question was similar but asked about a work challenge where you identified a solution to a problem - describe the problem, how you went about fixing it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Interviewed by seven engineers. All asked technical questions for 2 and 1/2 hour long. And the job was just an entry-level position.

Buyer Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a former employee

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree City, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was 5 hour long. There is many power electronics technical questions. I though for sure for the question that I will be designing LED driver, but so far there are not many design projects.

Interview Questions

• How to make a power regulator with a transistor, an opamp, and a zener diode.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2013.

Interview

From the phone calls necessary to set up the interview - to the actual interview itself, the process was extremely professional. The individuals who attended were prompt and attentive. The questions asked were all very relevant and important. When describing the position - the managers were informative and descriptive. I felt that the managers present represented their company in a very positive light and was encouraged by all that we discussed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 'how would I handle a situation where I already had a full task list for the day, and was informed that a client called with a large quantity of product needed...that we did not have'.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Ellisville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

This interview was my first panel interview. I met with people from different departments. Therefore, I think I was more stressed than I would have been on a 1:1 interview. In this particular buildings there are many meeting rooms, so it felt like I was being lead through a maze. It was all very professional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 10 years?   1 Answer