Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Basically just be prepared to answer questions about whether you are motivated to learn new things, if you are a problem solver, if you are able to read wiring diagrams and if you have any experience in the electrical field. Have you ever used an air driver. Are you a people person that can work with a group of people or alone without any problems.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw something going on that you knew was completely wrong. Would you tell your supervisor, or keep quiet?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Sherman, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR manager. Next was asked to take a series of online assessments which took 2 hours to take. A phone interview with the plant manager followed. About 10 days later I received a call from HR wanting to schedule a plant visit. I suggested some dates. 2 days later received an email wanting to change to a web interview. I suggested some dates and times. 2 days later and still no response. I emailed the plant manager directly to express interest in the position and still no reply. 2 weeks and counting and I never heard back from them.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (West Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

About 3 weeks after my initial phone screen I got a call for an in person interview, which was scheduled for 3 hours with 5 different people:
    1) supply chain manager
    2) business director (tour) and HR rep (no show)
    3) MATERIALS MANAGER AND DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS

I got feedback quickly. They said I had too mutch strategic experience, which was clearly outlined on my resume. Either they wanted someone who would do exactly what materials wanted or they had to cancel the recquisition because they got bought by Eaton this week.

Interview Questions

• What are your daily tactical purchasing duties   1 Answer

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Feedback was given very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty typical. Many behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2012.

good

Interview Questions

• what was the thing that you couldn't do very well?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

After I applied, I got a call from the HR who scheduled an interview with the product manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain about the projects you handled. talk about your proj mgmt experience   Answer Question
    • Why did you chose to study marketing   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't received the next call yet

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation in progress