Cooper Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree Cty, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree Cty, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

Informal. Talked with several people. Not sure what they wanted evern though I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest area to improve upon   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. Frank. Fair

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Des Moines, IA) in June 2008.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of the Regional Manager interviewing me and then meeting the Vice President of Sales for a brief interview. Was not very intense.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation involved. I tried but they would not move on salary or signing bonus.

ALP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Syracuse, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

It was my second round interview when I apply the leadership program upon my graduation. It is a rotational program among functions. The interview group was about 30 ppl, and we knew only less than 10 would get the offer. The interview was quite intensive while talking to 3 ppl in the whole morning. All of them are VP level but from different divisions, and most of them are behavior and case based. Always there is a resume read thru and threw questions like your weakness, why this company, your experience for leadership, team working, and your career goal.

Supplier Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

3rd party recruiter sent email about this opportunity and then had a phone screen. Then the recruiter arranged the onsite interview. Took the shuttle bus to the campus to have the onsite interview with the hiring manager and director. 1 week a later the offer letter was received.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in supplier development?
      How can you improve supplier's on time delivery rate?
      How to drive cost down?
      Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Hiring consisted of: Online tests for numerical and verbal reasoning, telephone interview with competency/experience based questions and assessment day. Assessment day consisted of: Timed general test (that you are not expected to finish, so just try your best), 2 problem solving roleplays (responding to emails on behalf of your manager who is away, I think they want you to try your best and accept all responsibility), interpretation of a business case and then presentation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult I found was one of the problem solving roleplays which consisted of dealing with a disgruntled employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

The initial phone screening was done by HR. Afterwards, HR scheduled a phone interview with the respective department manager of engineering. The entire interview lasted 40 minutes. Everything was conversational. The interview started off with two behavioral questions and move to technical / process questions. No curve ball questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard, technical design engineering questions about your experience with CAD tools and design processes. Walk through a successful design process and give your results.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic behavioral interview and questions. The interviewer was pretty relaxed and we went on to discuss his experiences with the company, then random interests such as football, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had a team member who was not participating, and how you got him/her to contribute   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in September 2011.

Interview

I got the interview from the career site of my university. it was a interview given by Cooper Bussman. The interviewer mainly asked questions about my resume, and there were not many technical questions. Meanwhile, there was no behavioral questions. The interview last about 30 minutes. Other candidates should pay more attention to their resumes to make better answers to the questions.