Cooper Industries Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Ellisville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

This interview was my first panel interview. I met with people from different departments. Therefore, I think I was more stressed than I would have been on a 1:1 interview. In this particular buildings there are many meeting rooms, so it felt like I was being lead through a maze. It was all very professional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 10 years?   1 Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

I first heard about this job through our college job-portal. First round of interview was held in university. This interview was for 30 min. Interviewer asked me about the projects on my resume. After a week I got an e-mail asking me to set up an in-site interview. This interview was at Cooper Bussman division headquarters which is located in St.Louis, MO. I had four 30 min interview. One HR round and three technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• You are in a boat and you threw the anchor into the river. The anchor settled on the lake floor. What happens to the level of water before and after the anchor is dropped ?   5 Answers

Global Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Highland, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The process included a brief informational interview about the job offering and the interview/selection process. A couple of days later I did about 3-4 hours worth of personality tests, intelligence tests, and skill tests. Those were interesting, though I have not (yet) been provided feedback or scores for those tests. I must have done okay on them, as I did get scheduled for face to face interviews.

There were three separate face to face interviews using mostly a behavioral interview style. Questions sought answers regarding describing an issue or problem similar to the one described in the question, what you did to fix the issue or probelm, and what the results were. All the interviewers were professional and represented the company well. Time was allotted for me to ask questions about the position and the company.

Was a positive experience, still waiting to see if they will make an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was one asking what I would do to establish supply chain support for a new operation in another country.   Answer Question

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Ellisville, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavior based questions. Most "difficult" was to provide thoughts on how to solve a problem that I had never faced before (the intent of the question was to see how I worked through to a solution, not necessarily the solution itself)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation on salary and bonus