Cooper-Standard Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.5

HRIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive (Novi, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

These guys cheated and frauded me. The invited me for an interview and flew me out to Michigan. They said they reserved car, hotel and everything which THEY NEVER DID. Nothing was reserved. To be respectful I had minimal expenses for meals. I told them during interview to help me out as I do not have a job. I chased them for two weeks for reimbursement and follow up for status of my interview. They didnt respond. I realized its a crappy company. I turned down the job VERY KINDLY and requested reimbursement VERY KINDLY. Its been over a month and they still not paying. They taking revenge by not paying me. Just make sure if you interview with them, you ask for proof that everything is paid for. This was the WORST company I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer asked me how my approach is to firing people. That raised a red flag. Looks like they trying to revamp their company and have major layoffs.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward. The hiring manager asked relevant questions about resume`, prior experience and how they pertained to the job, and big milestone projects. Plant tour was given during interview, then into a 1:1 after tour for proper interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you disagreed with a co-worker and successfully showed them that you were correct in the situation.   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive (Auburn, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a call just two days after I turned in my application. My interview followed just another two days later. The following week, I submitted for a drug screen and started work the next week after.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in manufacturing, and explain in detail.   Answer Question

Program Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive in August 2016.

Interview

Very concise and they let me be myself at the hour of the interview. Very open and very clear about the goals and the overall scope of the job. It could be more easy but it wasn't because there's no a structured web-based system for applying

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Sterling, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive (Mount Sterling, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

Questions about have I ever worked in a factory before how long have I an what's my experience what skills do I have an what are my best skills what I'm good at an if I went to college and if I'm wanting to further my education

Interview Questions

• How many factories exspiernce do u have   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty standard, general interview questions what makes you the best candidate for hire.

Phone interview 20 minutes
    Call back
    Face to face with entire team
    2 rounds of interviews
    No discussion of benefits

Better offer

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

Interview

the interview took about 2 hours. it included face to face interview with HR and hiring manager and phone interview it staff. Got a chance to talk to the director of the department and answered a few questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you find out that how many gas stations are in the u.s.   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive (Rockford, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were multiple phone and in-person interviews. While a very thorough interview process, the hiring manager nor HR ever advised about the 24 hr on call duty requirement for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with another co-worker.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive (Johnson City, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Go to adecco employment services go though intake and take drug test. Sit there for about 1 hour and listen to the lady talk about the job and the requirements for the job, Do paperwork for background check and tax forums, Sign employment agreement, overall it was about the easiest job interview i have ever been at.

Interview Questions

• What shift will you be able to work?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper-Standard Automotive.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth. During the interview phase, I was able to meet multiple levels of people to get a full view of the organization and position. I appreciated that I was given plenty of opportunities to ask questions--both during the interview and afterwards. It was a great two-way conversation.

Interview Questions

• The question that generated the most discussion was "What would you do during your first 100 days in this position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found the negotiation phase to be fair and logical.