Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Countryside, IL).

Interview

The interview process was fine. I would a multiple panel interview with the VP or the department, stakeholders that i would be working with, management from co-departments, and the COO.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

It was two interviews, both times the questions where read and the answers written down. It was a pleasant experience and not too long. I waited about 3 weeks from first interview to the starting date.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if your not getting along with a co worker?   1 Answer

Sep 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're glad to hear you had a great interview and hiring experience with us!

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiter, in person with Culinary team, Interview/RJP with OPS Team and Area Director. Extensive Reference check, employment check, including pay stub, etc. and finally offer received.

Interview Questions

• General how would you react to this situation questions.   1 Answer

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're so glad you are a part of our team!

TR Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Naperville, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick interview, decent offer, got hours asked for and more. Interviewed with the male senior manager, offer was immediate after the interview, started within two weeks, felt confident and excited after the interview.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

Oct 12, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're glad to have you on the team!

Retail/Tasting Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Oak Park, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a quick response after I applied for a job. The interview was very professional. HR team is very friendly. They are open for questions if you have one.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Countryside, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked maybe 3 questions about me and then left it open for me to ask questions. Not sure how they thought they'd get to know me from that, but then said they'd decide who moves forward to the 2nd round interviews in a few days. Received an email that I was not chosen to move forward even though I have all the experience, they don't know that though because they decided not to take the time to learn that. I was referred by the CEO and still was not asked for a second interview. Management needs to ask more questions if they think they can find the right person for the job over the phone. Will no longer be giving them my business.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

May 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. If you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition Manager, Alex Ehrhardt... More

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

One interview in the restaurant. Applied online, was called the next day to schedule an interview. Interview was quick and easy, they asked me basic questions about myself, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the review! It is great to hear you had a positive and fast interview process with us!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was called for an interview. I waited awhile to be seen but was interviewed twice, back to back by two managers. They then requested I come back in a few days to meet with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want you to serve my table if I were a guest?   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. If you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our Claire Domark, via email at... More

House Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two Interviews on the same day-1 minute apart from each other. They asked me basic behavioral Interview questions-a lot about teamwork and times when you went out of your way for a guest. They asked about my availability and my work ethic. The second interview was with the General Manager and he asked about 4 questions and then I was hired on the spot. Seriously be yourself and smile honestly. They are looking for team oriented, fun people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way for a customer   Answer Question
    • What is your work ethic?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself sane when things get hectic at work?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if one co worker isn't picking up their slack?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $9 an hour but he started me at $10.50.

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Doral, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview was smooth, I was nervous but They made me comfortable asked about me, my work ethic , wanted me to give examples of different situations, and made sure I was informed about the opportunities offered at Cooper's hawk.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time I had a guest complaint where the guest was completely unsatisfied and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the info! We're happy to have you on the team!