Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Countryside, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked maybe 3 questions about me and then left it open for me to ask questions. Not sure how they thought they'd get to know me from that, but then said they'd decide who moves forward to the 2nd round interviews in a few days. Received an email that I was not chosen to move forward even though I have all the experience, they don't know that though because they decided not to take the time to learn that. I was referred by the CEO and still was not asked for a second interview. Management needs to ask more questions if they think they can find the right person for the job over the phone. Will no longer be giving them my business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was called for an interview. I waited awhile to be seen but was interviewed twice, back to back by two managers. They then requested I come back in a few days to meet with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want you to serve my table if I were a guest?   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. If you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our Claire Domark, via email at ... More

House Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two Interviews on the same day-1 minute apart from each other. They asked me basic behavioral Interview questions-a lot about teamwork and times when you went out of your way for a guest. They asked about my availability and my work ethic. The second interview was with the General Manager and he asked about 4 questions and then I was hired on the spot. Seriously be yourself and smile honestly. They are looking for team oriented, fun people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way for a customer   Answer Question
    • What is your work ethic?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself sane when things get hectic at work?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if one co worker isn't picking up their slack?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $9 an hour but he started me at $10.50.

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Doral, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview was smooth, I was nervous but They made me comfortable asked about me, my work ethic , wanted me to give examples of different situations, and made sure I was informed about the opportunities offered at Cooper's hawk.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time I had a guest complaint where the guest was completely unsatisfied and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the info! We're happy to have you on the team!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Countryside, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

They had a few phone screenings which sounded as if they went very well. I was assured that I was the type of person they were looking for. I should have known something was 'off' when the recruiter mentioned 'type' multiple times. Once on site I noticed a lack of minorities throughout the office (which was a dump) and during the interview process many of the questions centered around ethic based questions. I would not recommend Cooper's Hawk to open minded and diverse job seekers.

Interview Questions

• The type of environment you like working in. The type of people you prefer to work with. Your management style. How do you motivate people, etc.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked questions that you would get in any interview for a host job. They did ask a few restaurant specific questions so do some research on the company before you have your interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your personality?   1 Answer

Thanks for sharing!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Someone from HR contacted me a week later. I had phone interview, I though it went well, however a week later they called to say that they hired more experienced candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Coconut Creek, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took a personality exam that weeds out the undesirables. The interview process took about a week. met with the first manager and asked pretty run of the mill questions but be aware that some questions will make you think. You should have a resume and a list of references prepared in case anyone asks. I was confident and smiled and maintained eye contact. I was then invited to do a second round interview with the General Manager. We had to learn as much as we could about the Wine Club and menu. He asked questions specific about the company. Do your research! Cannot stress this enough. We spoke for about 45 minutes about experience and he asked the same questions that the other manager asked me. Be consistent with your answers. We spoke about what is basically required of me at Cooper's Hawk and what I need to do going forward. I was then told the minimum wage and then invited to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you go back to your original position at your last restaurant?   1 Answer
    • What was a specialty at your last restaurant and how did you attempt to sell it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a guest.   1 Answer
    • In a high volume restaurant, how would you go aboit eliminating waste?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any plans for the upcoming holidays?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Cooper's Hawk?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief w/Chad,waited extra 15 min., never formally introduced.received later in the day follow up email for on boarding. Gave start date w/no time or contact person. Called back restaurant for that info and what attire.

Interview Questions

• Better at broiler or sauté station.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was asked what $ amount per hr, gave $13-14. Told $13 w/increase after 90 days

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're so glad you are a part of the team! We'll continue to work on more detailed communication.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants.

Interview

You will be interviewed by up to 3 managers. Be prepared to wait up to half an hour to be seen by the first manager. The first managers will be nice and ask you basic questions but the GM (last interview) will seem cold and intimidating. That's just his thing to see how nervous you are.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

Apr 26, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Welcome to the Cooper's Hawk Team! Thanks for sharing your experience! Have any other suggestions? Email us at suggestions@chwinery.com with your ideas on how we can improve the business ... More