Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Doral, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview was smooth, I was nervous but They made me comfortable asked about me, my work ethic , wanted me to give examples of different situations, and made sure I was informed about the opportunities offered at Cooper's hawk.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time I had a guest complaint where the guest was completely unsatisfied and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the info! We're happy to have you on the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was called for an interview. I waited awhile to be seen but was interviewed twice, back to back by two managers. They then requested I come back in a few days to meet with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want you to serve my table if I were a guest?   1 Answer

May 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. If you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our Claire Domark, via email at... More

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

It was two interviews, both times the questions where read and the answers written down. It was a pleasant experience and not too long. I waited about 3 weeks from first interview to the starting date.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if your not getting along with a co worker?   1 Answer

Sep 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're glad to hear you had a great interview and hiring experience with us!

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Coconut Creek, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took a personality exam that weeds out the undesirables. The interview process took about a week. met with the first manager and asked pretty run of the mill questions but be aware that some questions will make you think. You should have a resume and a list of references prepared in case anyone asks. I was confident and smiled and maintained eye contact. I was then invited to do a second round interview with the General Manager. We had to learn as much as we could about the Wine Club and menu. He asked questions specific about the company. Do your research! Cannot stress this enough. We spoke for about 45 minutes about experience and he asked the same questions that the other manager asked me. Be consistent with your answers. We spoke about what is basically required of me at Cooper's Hawk and what I need to do going forward. I was then told the minimum wage and then invited to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you go back to your original position at your last restaurant?   2 Answers
    • What was a specialty at your last restaurant and how did you attempt to sell it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a guest.   1 Answer
    • In a high volume restaurant, how would you go aboit eliminating waste?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any plans for the upcoming holidays?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Cooper's Hawk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Saint Charles, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

You go in for two interviews. It was quick and easy. Honestly once called they will usually higher anyone. They just want to know the basics of why you want to work for this company.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and the interview was not a rigid as I expected. The manager was very upfront about expectations and standards, including the requirement of inviting guests into the wine club. She was honest about the hours and side work and even though so nights would be long, they would be well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very run of the mill. I believe they are looking more for attitude and presentation than technical answers. They want someone who genuinely cares about the work they do and how it effects guest service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online which consisted of personal information and a personality quiz. Received an email the next day asking when I could come in for an interview and was scheduled for that same week. Once I arrived, I waited longer to meet with the manager than the entire interview took. The first interview was with the Assistant GM, the questions were pretty routine: Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when a guest had a complain and how did you solve it, etc. After the first interview ended, I waited a while longer and then met with the GM. The second interview was even quicker and easier, he mostly just explained what the job would be like and answered some of my questions. By the end of it, he had set me up with a time for orientation.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants in October 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with different managers asking about experience. Overall, it was pretty straight forward. They want to get to know your personality. If you have experience and a good customer service personality, it is an easy process. The training does involve many menu and wine tests.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

Apr 26, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Welcome to the Cooper's Hawk Team! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Have any other suggestions? Email us at suggestions@chwinery.com with your ideas on how we can improve the business... More

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants.

Interview

You will be interviewed by up to 3 managers. Be prepared to wait up to half an hour to be seen by the first manager. The first managers will be nice and ask you basic questions but the GM (last interview) will seem cold and intimidating. That's just his thing to see how nervous you are.

Interview Questions

Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Response

Apr 26, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Welcome to the Cooper's Hawk Team! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (Wheeling, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Did find it irritating that I interviewed with 4 different people including GM, Kitchen Manager, Head Chef and Executive Kitchen Manger. All of the noted my qualifications and told me I would promote quickly. Everyone I interviewed with liked me. I even went in for a stand-in interview to watch their processes to see if it was something I would like.

That being said, this is the first job I have ever been offered but never given. My last interview was with the Executive Kitchen Manager and he told me what my pay rate would be and what shifts I would be working. He said he would call me within the next day or two with my training schedule. Shook my hand and welcomed me then nothing. Repeated calls to GM went unanswered even though I left messages about when I would start.

There seems to be a real lack of Human Resource practices. Do all Line Cooks interview 4 times with high end Management? I doubt it as 100% of the food handling staff was of Latino decent.

I would also like to add that while I did my stand-in interview, I saw the Head Chef (he was wearing the designated black attire) violate safe food handling. As he was preparing the line for the day he needs to sample all food. In doing so, he used the same spoon to taste everything without washing or sanitizing it even though they had a mass supply of sampling spoons. His assistant did the same right behind him. I also witnessed this same assistant bring out a pan of raw chicken breasts for the shift as he took last nights raw chicken and place it on top of the new to be used first. Not a problem but he did it with his bare hands and then never cleaned his hands and then went on to handle other food and equipment.

Interview Questions

• No one asked me any related questions to qualify my knowledge.   1 Answer