Copart Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Copart Automotive Interview Questions

1.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copart (Fairfield, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Supervisor called and asked very basic questions about you past. Most of the interview is them over-promising and telling you the potential the position has. They claim you will easily be able to make 75k and you can work from home and you never have to call a client, all you do is price vehicles. In all reality you have to call on crappy leads, price vehicles, follow up, create orders, track purchases, and then watch the vehicles you buy sell as astronomically low prices. The reason the interview is so easy is because they are trying to get people to leave good jobs to come work for them and they have to lie to you in order for you to do it. If you want a basic job at home, making 25-35k then this job is for you.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just them selling you on the company and coming to work for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation, base pay plus a commission structure

Application

Interview

I was referred by another Vehicle Purchasing Agent so the time between applying for the position, making initial contact and participating in the phone interview went pretty quickly. Everyone seemed very nice and professional along the way and everything told to me made me think this was a very unique opportunity within a winning organization.

Unfortunately many of the things discussed during the hiring process changed after accepting the offer and initial training period. Job duties/responsibilities, pay structure and hours changed on a whim based on a conference call or meeting with the Senior Management. Completely unpredictable and unprofessional to say the least.

Beware of all the promises made during the interview process. They are subject to change at any time for just about any reason without notice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult at all, pretty much standard interview questions. The interview was focused mainly on past positions and experience but nothing too specific. Looking back on it there was just lots of reasons why this company & position are such a great opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation because it is sold to you as an unlimited income potential based on your experience and effort, which couldn't be any further from the truth. You are paid a commission against a small guarantee that basically means you make $12/hour.....that is unless they have you work an additional weekend day too.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copart (Fairfield, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by phone and in person. Basic questions asked about past jobs and performances. Was initially told there was no limit to what an agent could make. I was shown salaries that other agents were supposedly making. Basically, a lot of false promises were made during the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty simple and basic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and commission structure was acceptable, not much to negotiate at the time.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Copart.

Interview

Spoke to a manager who asked me a few questions about why I wished to work with them, my past job performance, etc, then proceeded to tell me how the previous agents are doing great. Gave an estimate of how much they earn. Sent to local yard to fill out formal applications and sent out for drug screening tests.