Copart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Copart

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copart (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I gave the on-campus interview. One senior manager was handling the interviews. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Post this one on one interview, candidates received their offer letters directly if they were selected.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on past projects that were deemed relevant.
      Another was regarding my information about the company.
      Some questions were about my basic coding experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Copart.

Interview

Fairly easy process. I went to a job fair where we learned about the company and did an interview. Around 2 weeks later i received a call asking for more information, once i completed the information I received a offer letter. I had to complete background information which took a week to get hired. On the first day there is a mouth swab drug test which if you know anything about mouth swabs theyre very simple.

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Copart (Fairfield, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Copart recruiter located in Texas, he asked me questions regarding my past experience and desired salary. He then forwarded my information to the hiring manager and if selected I would be asked to come in for a second interview. I was contacted and an interview was schedule a few days later.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Copart.

Interview

2 interviews, fast response time. Interviewers were friendly but intense and rapid fire in questions. Was called in for a 'working interview', sat down with the head of the department the position was under and recieved an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your current employer, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

There were red flags in the interview and Glassdoor confirmed concerns about under training and overworking

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copart (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Interview, background check, drug test = hire date. The man who interviewed me was very straight forward as far as expectations and job requirements.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for work?   1 Answer

Interview

Some interviews are good. What is wierd is expect marketing to interview you as an engineer. a joke.
    There was no one available with my expertise to even interview me. So I saw a marketing person, and business analyst, and bugs bunny

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Copart (Sikeston, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Went thru face to face interview and then proceeded to phone interview with HR. Never heard a word back from Regional Manager on anything. Interview process was very good but was very disappointed in the company not getting back with me on my application. That is not how you should do business.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your 1st week on the job   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Copart.

Interview

It was a promotion. My RM backed me pretty well. Meeting with VP of region was simple and short. There was also an unnecessary meeting with RM of HR. It is unnecessary as the HR knows little to nothing about operations. Meeting with HR was based on operational questions instead of proper business ethics.

Interview Questions

• What will be your plan within the first 3 months? What is your plan for the year? How will you achieve them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Copart (Greer, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

The process was thorough but time consuming. Time and travel expense invested for a delayed outcome. All personal encounters were pleasant. Culture and people came across as dedicated and friendly. Would suggest expediting the process where possible.

Interview Questions

• Two levels of online skills testing is completed before you are granted a face to face interview. First assessment consisted of people skills and management style scenarios.   1 Answer
    • Second online assessment was more job skills based. Financials, problem resolution, customer resolution.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Copart (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online on 11/4/2013 and was contacted by for a phone interview a week later. My interview with Mr. Lawton went great and after several assesment online and several visits to the yard I was finally going to meet him in person and I couldn't have been more exited at the time. This was a great opportunity for my career and I was so hungry to succeed and make a difference that I prepared as much as I could to make sure I would exceed his expectations. I arrived at the yard and had to wait a couple of minutes but I didn't mind until he walked out of the office, screened me and walked back inside w/o even saying hello. I remember thinking "if this is the RM's customer service I can't even imagine what the hourly employees are like" but I pushed trough because I knew this was something I could easily fix at "my" yard. The interview went great and I was already making a mental list of all the ways I was going to take the yard to the next level but something he said at the end threw me off. He said that I "smiled too much and he didn't know if I was a fit for the office". The next step was supposedly to have a phone interview with the VP but after going through all that I never heard from anyone at COPART again. Not an email, call or text message, I even send several emails to the RM because I wanted to be sure that the position had been filled before I moved on but I never heard back from anyone. It was very disrespectful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. REALLY?? because I smiled? I was always taught that in customer service you smile to make people feel comfortable with you and you keep smiling when the going gets tough until you have no option but to stop. I do not believe in being rude and intimidating, I don't get respect that way. I earn respect by being considerate to my peers and customers, being knowledgeable in the business and making the tough calls when is necessary. Your loss.