Copper Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initially called by a recruiter to setup a date to interview. After a few calls and emails, we set a day and time. We moved the time within the day a few times, as well as the day once (only to move it back to the original day). It was clear they were trying to shuffle around multiple interviews, which didn't really bother me. They only had one recruiter as far as I know.
    When I got into the interview, every question was boring and lame trivia about Java. Although it is my preferred language, I cannot believe I was asked silly questions anyone could Google and know the definitive answer to in 1 minute. it was especially annoying because the way the interviewer asked the question, he seemed to hint that where I was heading with my answer was off/ridiculous (even though it was not) and that made me second-guess myself.
    I did not get contacted after the interview. Which is fine, because I honestly wouldn't want to work somewhere that judges someone's programming ability on their language trivia.

Interview Questions

• Why is there no multiple inheritance in Java? Isn't implementing multiple interfaces basically the same thing? Then why can you have multiple interfaces and not class inheritance? Were the Java developers just lazy/didn't know how to implement multiple inheritance?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was positive and questions posed were mainly on OOPS concepts.HR will call you first and will fix a date for a technical round . A Developer from team would call you and interview will be easy.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

They were great, I went to the office and they were very polite. Couple of people came to ask me if I had been helped. Saw one developer to the conference room, they asked for water and coffee.

Interview Questions

• All easy questions, polymorphism, classes, object oriented programming.
      Some behavioral questions too. Where you want to be in a few years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I forwarded my resume to company. Got call in 2 days. First round was to know me about me and a little bit about job profile. second round was for technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

1 hr interview
    2 onsite interview - puzzles data structure - java

had a 1.5 yr bond

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to the website for Copper Mobile for an iPhone application developer position in Dallas, TX office that they had. It appeared to be a very big company initially from outside and the building that they have. I wont say that i was disappointed at all. They treated me with a lot of respect and gave me all the information I needed.

I saw maybe 60-80 employees in the office and I was initially hoping for at least a 500 people company. Looks like they have a lot of remote employees though and other global offices.

Interview Questions

• What is iphone reference library?   1 Answer
    • Whats fast enumeration? Whats the difference between frame and bounds?   2 Answers

I declined the offer as I had an offer for more money from Samsung.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter couldn't answer standard questions. Had to wait to hear from CEO for answers. 2 out of 3 VPs I interviewed with were no longer there after 3 mos. into job. Company seemed bigger and more organized than the reality of the situation. Ask for a fair salary upfront because they don't do raises or bonuses.

Great engineers and a lot of good people.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our product without any training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied at Copper Mobile through their website. I got a call from HR regarding my current job, reason of change etc and then scheduled a skype interview. After 3 days, I was called for face to face round at Noida. They took 1 Technical, 1 Puzzle (Algorithmic) and 1 HR round (wherein she asked my CTC again and asked me if i was willing to negotiate. I said YES). Then after long wait I was told that I would have another round with director but he didn't show up. I was asked to leave for the day and would be informed over email regarding next round. It's been a week but I haven't heard any response yet. I call them but they simply tell will let you know by the end of day.

Interview Questions

• Skype was easy. Prepare Projects mentioned on Resume well. Basic CORE java knowledge including Collections, threads was enough. Puzzle round I was asked to solve Tic-Tac Toe and suggest valid state in game.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

This was done over phone. They asked about knowledge of company, past experience in copper projects if at all, expertise in android os and other techs like angularjs, mongo, and iphone. They expected very high potency for very low salary.

Interview Questions

• Have I had experience using jira tool.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Copper Mobile (Noida (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

I had received the Telephonic Call for the interview for the post of the Project Manager .Next day , I goes there and what I have seen at there India Office was horrible .
    It was a small company in Basement at Noida Sector -2 . There was no parking . There was no one on the reception to handle the things. People inside the companies have been wearing the awkward clothes look like where I had entered. There was no chair to sit . The cabins was so small that it just look like 2x2 prison cell . The atmosphere was kind of bizarre .

Interview Questions

• I am surprise when the Interview started to ask the College and school level questions for the Project Manager interview . There was no management question had been asked and nothing . The interviewer's dressing seems to be like a garbage collector and not able to speak English and even not able to describe whats this company do and what there requirements . There was no HR even   1 Answer