Cordell & Cordell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cordell & Cordell

2.7

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

Goog interview process

Good

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then an assessment test of your personality and skills. If you pass that then I had an in person interview with the attorneys I would be working with, but I know not everyone has an in person interview. Took about two weeks and then an offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

You submit a resume and cover letter. Certain candidates then offered a phone screening by recruiter who gives background on the firm and makes it seem great. A personality test followed the screening and was lengthy and quite involved. The next level is to set an interview over the phone with one of the partners. Final candidates are offered a Skype interview with another senior partner. The recruiter is the primary point of contact throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I passed the bar on the first try and what states I was licensed in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was take it or leave it once made but they listened to my salary requirements and made a competitive offer.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell in January 2016.

Interview

After submitting an online application, there was a telephone interview with recruiting, then subsequently with a senior level attorney. The process also included a background check and personality assessment, which took some time to return.

Interview Questions

• Current caseload, open to corporate oversight/reporting to a senior attorney, experience in domestic litigation, reason for applying, salary expectations, work hours per week expectations   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell in January 2012.

Interview

At first I was asked to take some online aptitude and personality tests.Had phone interview with HR representative. Met with partner in person. Was presented offer by HR representative after a few days. No opportunity to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• I was formerly a solo practitioner and was asked whether I could work well for others.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Litigation Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Multiple interviews. You have a phone interview with an executive recruiter from headquarters in Missouri. Then you have either Facetime or in person interviews with a Practice Manager and/or Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• How many trials/contested hearings have you personally litigated?   Answer Question
    • How many contested family law cases do you typically handle at one time?   Answer Question
    • How many hours do you typically bill per week/year?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter a week after I applied. I did an initial phone interview & was asked to complete a skills test online. It was fairly easy; questions relating to job duties & software knowledge. I was then asked to come in for an in-office interview. There was nothing too hard asked. It was with the attorney in the office. It was professional but relaxed. About a week later I had a 2nd phone interview with a regional manager. Some of the same questions were asked. After doing well in that one, my recruiter asked me to now complete a personality test online. I then spoke briefly with a higher regional manager. I was called by my recruiter a week later & offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered fantastic salary and benefits. No complaints!

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed via Skype- the managers are in St. Louis and I was in another state. It was more relaxing to talk to someone on a screen than in person!

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was very personable... it was a couple of years ago but I recall being at ease as I recapped my experience, and we talked about sports.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic. Impromptu phone interview. Called in for a sit down interview. Interview lasted from 30-45 minutes. Stated they would inform each candidate if they were chosen or not. Never did call back. They give a skills test to see competency. Word math problems (Little Johnny had...), choose the correct letter, etc. Due to test and inability to let candidates know their next step, I would not recommend.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cordell & Cordell in October 2013.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st- will ask the normal questions of give me a time when (insert any work environment ?) Give a detailed answer and try to center it around how it made the process better. If they like you then you get an email to take a test to determine your typing abilities. If you pass the quiz you will get a 2nd interview with the hiring manager and head of HR. HR will ask a few questions and will cover benefits- which by the way are 100% free no pay check deductions or deductible to meet, its all company paid. They will ask what you like in a leader and a team. They will also go line by line down your resume. Also dont lie on your resume they check it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.