Core Digital Media Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core Digital Media (Playa Vista, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via Linkedin and followed up with email to recruiter. Recruiter initially told me I was not a good fit for the role. I thanked him but then he called me back and wanted to chat about the role anyways. Following a 30mins conversation with the recruiter about the role, he decided to forward my resume to the hiring manager. A standard 30mins phone call with the hiring manager ensued and I was invited for an onsite interview.

During the onsite interview, I met with 4 people. The product manager, with whom the candidate would work closely. The Sr. Manager for the other half of the company (Core Digital Media has two primary product verticals). The director of the vertical the candidate would be supporting, and the hiring manager herself.

First interview was the easiest. The interviewer was nice and cheerful, and didn't ask anything difficult. The second interview was mixed, as the sr. manager maintained a solemn face the entire time, so I had no idea how she felt about my responses. The third interview (with the director) was ordinary as well, except for when he decided to send out an email in the middle of the conversation. Finally, I interviewed with the hiring manager. She asked me really detailed questions about my current work, and asked me to give examples of different situations. She seemed to like all of my responses.

During my conversations, I went in depth regarding some of the models I am currently developing and discussed their mathematical merits. From the blank stares in these people's eyes, I assumed they did not comprehend my responses in their entirety, or they just had no interest. I figured I wasn't going to get the offer when the hiring manager wished me luck when we parted ways.

Two days later, I was told by the recruiter that the team decided to "continue their search". While the recruiter didn't disclose any specific reasons for not extending the offer, I can only assume that I wasn't going to be a good culture fit for the company or they intended to promote internally all along. The interviewers all brought up internal promotion as the main reason they stayed at Core Digital Media for long time periods. The hiring manager herself switched from sales to analytics and climbed up the ladder from junior analyst. The director started at Core Digital Media as an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Simple behavioral questions, mainly to gauge whether the candidate is a cultural fit for the company.   1 Answer