Core Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA).

Interview

The phone interview and in-person interview occurred within the same week. I was offered the position the end of the week. Everyone was extremely professional and thoroughly answer all questions I had.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Core Security.

Interview

Professional, asked normal interview questions - where do I want to advance career, etc. Asked about personal qualities. There is a pre-screening test you will have to take. Everyone answered my questions, was responsive, and process was quick.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core Security (Milton, GA).

Interview

An extremely long and drawn out process beginning with the recruiter at K1, the private equity company that owns Core. I would like to share my experience, so others exercise extreme caution when considering Core. I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning having read so many negative reviews here on Glassdoor, but proceeded anyway. My visit to the Core offices appeared to have gone extremely well, until the end, when they unexpectedly sent their Inside Sales Manager into the conference room to pitch me a lower level position. I was so shocked, I didn't quite know what to say. Of course the Director of Customer Success, and my host, had disappeared before I had a chance to ask him what in the world had just happened. To my surprise, a week or two later, I was set up to speak on the phone with the SVP of Sales and Customer Success. The call went extremely well, and he told me that I was very well positioned for an offer, and had stood out amongst the other 4 he had spoken with that day. I was just informed that I was not selected for the role. Based on my initial gut feeling, and subsequent negative experience, I'm sure it's all for the best. A very bizarre process. The moral of the story is, if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't.

Interview Questions

• What skills don't you posses that you'll need to succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

First Discussion with Internal Recruiter- 15 minutes
    Second Discussion- Hiring Mgr- 30-45 minutes; invited in for face to face
    Next Discussion-Hiring Manager's Boss

Overall interview was sometimes awkward because didn't have my info in front of them. Much of 2nd interview was taking time to discuss that aspect of it to catch them up.

Interview Questions

• Team work
      W-2's
      Background with Security Software
      Info on working with matrixed environment
      How you like to work with management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Explained salary requirements up front--not much need

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview followed by an in-person interview with people who seemed to have credentials but really had no idea on what they were doing. They were most scared of their own future rather than that of the interviewee based on their repeated statements on where/what the company is doing in relation to the parent company and other pending takeovers.

Interview Questions

• Just a standard review of the resume and workflow on how one does/does not fit in to the company profile. They also insisted on a presentation which had to fit their model presentation, not the one of the presenter. They rationalize EVERYTING!   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

They said that usually they have two phone interviews and one in person interview but they only interviewed me on phone. They also responded very quickly to my application (within 24hrs)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They was no negotiations because it was an internship.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Several phone discussions then an on-site interview. While on-site, I was asked to deliver a presentation. Went through a multi-week interview process (appropriate for this position) including travel to Atlanta only to get an offer that was $50,000 below what I clearly told HR was my expected salary. Of course I declined. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The normal stuff...what was a great accomplishment, what's your weakness, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Core Security.

Interview

few days only met with a few people. It was an entry level position and everyone was very nice. They obviously told me some lies saying how well the company was doing but what can you expect, everyone who interviewed me was gone with in 6 months anyways

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online. I submitted my updated resume. I had a technical phone interview and then a customer service interview. Offer was extended 5-7 days later. I accepted and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between authentication and authorization?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core Security (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly thorough. Went through four interviews before being taken out of the running. Company is relocating and pretty much starting anew in several areas. Two interviews with the retained search firm and two interviews with actual employees. There is a skills assessment test that you take online. It isn't as daunting as the practice materials make it seem to be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a very difficult person. Not a client, but a coworker. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question