Core Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Core Security

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

They said that usually they have two phone interviews and one in person interview but they only interviewed me on phone. They also responded very quickly to my application (within 24hrs)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They was no negotiations because it was an internship.

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, face to face interviews with the COO and the VP of Marketing, an interview and demonstration of skills in instructional design with a person from the Equity Investor and then the job offer. It was very straight forward and to the point. I was at the beginning of the hiring phase.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background, what are you looking for, and tell me how you would handle X training issues.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Core Security.

Interview

few days only met with a few people. It was an entry level position and everyone was very nice. They obviously told me some lies saying how well the company was doing but what can you expect, everyone who interviewed me was gone with in 6 months anyways

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

First Discussion with Internal Recruiter- 15 minutes
    Second Discussion- Hiring Mgr- 30-45 minutes; invited in for face to face
    Next Discussion-Hiring Manager's Boss

Overall interview was sometimes awkward because didn't have my info in front of them. Much of 2nd interview was taking time to discuss that aspect of it to catch them up.

Interview Questions

• Team work
      W-2's
      Background with Security Software
      Info on working with matrixed environment
      How you like to work with management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Explained salary requirements up front--not much need

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Introduction phone call that lasted about 45 minutes to explain the company and the position. Another phone call to get an idea of my background and how it related to the position. Had another interview with the VP of sales and a few account executives then had a last interview that was composed of meeting with a C-Level exec and a couple more account execs. Very friendly and open

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales process do you feel works best when going full cycle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Core Security (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Typically a phone screen, then a 1 day onsite interview where you will meet with HR, VP of sales and a few other team members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple, background check.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Core Security (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly thorough. Went through four interviews before being taken out of the running. Company is relocating and pretty much starting anew in several areas. Two interviews with the retained search firm and two interviews with actual employees. There is a skills assessment test that you take online. It isn't as daunting as the practice materials make it seem to be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a very difficult person. Not a client, but a coworker. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Several phone discussions then an on-site interview. While on-site, I was asked to deliver a presentation. Went through a multi-week interview process (appropriate for this position) including travel to Atlanta only to get an offer that was $50,000 below what I clearly told HR was my expected salary. Of course I declined. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The normal stuff...what was a great accomplishment, what's your weakness, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Core Security.

Interview

Multiple panel interview session with director of product management, director of sales engineer, and VP of US sales at a hotel near O'Hare.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked with recruiter and she handled salary negotiations.

Professional Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Contacted by Manager by phone, basic questions about background, some technical questions. Set up an on-site interview meeting with 5 people. Two were primarily technical interviews, other two were more general.. One of these people was from HR.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected but had several very specific SQL questions using sample data.   Answer Question