Core Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Core Security

2.4

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core Security (Milton, GA).

Interview

An extremely long and drawn out process beginning with the recruiter at K1, the private equity company that owns Core. I would like to share my experience, so others exercise extreme caution when considering Core. I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning having read so many negative reviews here on Glassdoor, but proceeded anyway. My visit to the Core offices appeared to have gone extremely well, until the end, when they unexpectedly sent their Inside Sales Manager into the conference room to pitch me a lower level position. I was so shocked, I didn't quite know what to say. Of course the Director of Customer Success, and my host, had disappeared before I had a chance to ask him what in the world had just happened. To my surprise, a week or two later, I was set up to speak on the phone with the SVP of Sales and Customer Success. The call went extremely well, and he told me that I was very well positioned for an offer, and had stood out amongst the other 4 he had spoken with that day. I was just informed that I was not selected for the role. Based on my initial gut feeling, and subsequent negative experience, I'm sure it's all for the best. A very bizarre process. The moral of the story is, if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't.

Interview Questions

• What skills don't you posses that you'll need to succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

First was an online IQ test. This was followed by a screening interview with the QA manager; this was done over the phone and featured the usual run of questions about experience with the position, the tools used, basic knowledge of the software development & scrum, SQL knowledge and so forth. Then was a brief phone call with one of the CEOs to help understand the new hires; questions here were. After this was an in-person interview with the QA Manager to again go over your experience, then some more personal questions about you & how you interact with others. In my case I was made an offer at the in-person interview, but I believe others had offers made later. A background check was also done.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had in the field of QA work?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online. I submitted my updated resume. I had a technical phone interview and then a customer service interview. Offer was extended 5-7 days later. I accepted and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between authentication and authorization?   1 Answer

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview followed by an in-person interview with people who seemed to have credentials but really had no idea on what they were doing. They were most scared of their own future rather than that of the interviewee based on their repeated statements on where/what the company is doing in relation to the parent company and other pending takeovers.

Interview Questions

• Just a standard review of the resume and workflow on how one does/does not fit in to the company profile. They also insisted on a presentation which had to fit their model presentation, not the one of the presenter. They rationalize EVERYTING!   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Core Security in January 2014.

Interview

Somewhat difficult. Manager did not ask a lot of questions, but grilled on past experiences and did not like that I had ambition to move past the role. Was just not a good fit even though I had more than relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Core Security in June 2015.

Interview

quick interview some question about data entry and professionalism. They are among the leaders on Magic Quadrant and they will be able to help you advance your career. They are well respected.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Core Security (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

took one day. phone screen then an interview. just asked about experience. they dont know the job. no one has experience there. they're flying by the seat of their pants. managers seem like they want to know their stuff but they're failing miserably

Interview Questions

• just asked about experience. they dont know the job. no one has experience there. they're flying by the seat of their pants   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Core Security (Roswell, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

A system administrator, or sysadmin, is a person who is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
    The system administrator seeks to ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers he or she manages meet the needs of the users, without exceeding the budget.
    To meet these needs, a system administrator may acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train and/or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Core Security in November 2012.

Interview

written test and then 2 technical interview. One with project manager.We need to prepare for basics of c,cpp and oops concepts. be ready with work on different technology as it is product based company. need good exposure to development and testing also. They asks sometimes puzzle based on logical things. Written test is important to proceed further. Work on framework concepts.

Interview Questions

• sorting array and bubble sort logic. code for pointer swaping values   Answer Question

See What Core Security Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Pros: “Summary- The Company has gone through a drastic amount of change. Many acquisitions and each came with restructuring, a layoff, and additional opportunities. Most of the employees left...”“Summary- The Company has gone through a drastic amount of change. Many acquisitions and each came with restructuring, a layoff, and additional opportunities. Most of the employees left wear many hats and have all been told they are part of the future. It is back to a startup mentality but not in a scary way. It’s refreshing to feel empowered to just get things done without many hurdles or red tape. If you want something do it, if you need something get it etc. I love the short term plan of bringing all of the companies together on one platform and believe this will change the enterprise security software industry. I trust the leadership at Core Security and I fell this new Executive team is the best we have had yet. I like being involved in fun decisions like planning the sales kickoff meeting. I really feel included and valued as an employee. Pros- Great work/life balance Invested Team Members. I like everyone in my office. On Premise Gym Relaxing Fun Game Room Free drinks and great coffee! Good benefits Relaxed environment to work Tons of inside and outside the office events. Food and Drinks” – Full Review