CoreLogic TAx Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

1.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

TAx Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoreLogic in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a few days later to set up an interview. In the email, the recruiter said the interview needed to be arranged as quickly as possible. I replied with my availability and they never replied. I emailed them again a few days later inquiring if an interview was still possible, and the interviewer emailed me back right away and said they would call in an hour. The interview went very well and I was told I would be hearing back from them within a week. I sent a follow-up email, thanking him for his time and etc.

I never heard from them again.

Overall, it seemed as though they have little respect for the applicant's time or schedule and are only interested in their own timeline.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CoreLogic

Tax Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Webster, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for one position. It was put on hold so recruiter called about a second position. Completed phone screen, face to face. Offered position but declined because I felt deceived and pressured by the recruiter (which was a Corelogic Employee)

Interview Questions

Low wages and poor benefits package did not offset as I had hoped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Henrietta, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter who set me up for the in person interview through email. Office interview last 20-25 min. I met with one person. They send out a general email stating whether you got the job or not. Would be helpful if they would give some feedback on why or why not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell us about a problem you have encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Asked a few questions and was hired same day . Managers was really nice and explanatory . Gave me a tour of the campus. Read job description and gave history of company.

TAx Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoreLogic.

Interview

Very slow. Coordinated many people present at one time for the interview. The individuals seemed to do most of the talking; just relax and listen. They will stress the difficulty and the efficiency expected of the position; Being detail-oriented is key.

Interview Questions

• Try not get caught between a job being 'routine processes' and 'researching' as it is both. One needs to be comfortable working alone and within a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much - notified me by phone to expect an offer letter. It took more time for the drug-test results than the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied to an ad posted on the internet by Randstad, a temp staffing agency. Randstad sent me some online tests to take to evaluate my MS Office skills. I believe the tests were designed by a company called "Prove It". It's an IBM company if memory serves.

So I did OK on the tests. They were fairly difficult. Scored in the mid-80s on Word, Excel, and Outlook. No Powerpoint test.

About a week after the tests, Randstad called me to go in for an interview at the CoreLogic location in Westlake, TX. It's a big complex of about 8 buildings. Most of them are 4 story boxes, burnt orange stucco. Nice grounds with a hiking trail circling it and several ponds with ducks and turtles and some kind of large colorful fish. Coffee is free to employees at CoreLogic and it's very convenient. Hope you like Folgers. I do. If you don't there's a Starbucks available in Building 1.

Interview was with two managers in a small conference room. Lasted about 30 minutes.
    As intervews go, it was not too difficult and I was having a fairly good day. Most people would say it was a standard to easy interview. Not a lot of really challenging questions. No
    "tell us about yourself". No "what is your biggest weakness".

As I was leaving, there was the usual chit-chat as we walked to the front entrance for me to turn in my visitor badge. At one point I was walking along saying something and the manager suddenly greeted a passing acquaintance. Awkward moment.

I accepted the job offer. At this point, I wish I had not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were confronted with a difficult problem at work and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate my hourly rate with the temp agency. Probably should have.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Got an email from the temp agency letting me know that my application had been selected for an interview the next day at a specific time. They sent me several test to take to see if I was qualified enough for the position and as I passed them all they sent me another email as to what to expect during the interview. I signed in with a large group of people and we went to the interview room where there were several people waiting to interview us and the temp agencies lined up in the back. If you got a check mark on your resume you got an offer and if you didn't well then there was no offer. There were multiple questions about past experiences and what would you do's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you overcame a difficult obsticle at work, what was the obsticle and what did you do to over come it, who else was involved if anyone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a check mark and my temp agency said that they extended me an offer and I started filling out more paper work, there was no negotiating as I already knew what the hourly amount would be. From there I went and took a drug test and had my background checked.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth with the recruiter following up with emails and phone calls. I received a phone call and scheduled a phone interview within a week after applying for the job; I got a 1 on 1 interview straight after that. From beginning to end, it was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They had the standard, "give us a scenario when you had to deal with an difficult customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; pay was what I asked for

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Poorly put together. Both of the interviewers have since left the company (not surprisingly) due to finding better jobs. Bonuses were discussed which were done away with after I accepted the offer.

Tax Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CoreLogic (Westlake, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

long hiring process, interview process is easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. offer is take it or leave it