Corinthian Colleges Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corinthian Colleges Interview Questions

2.7

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The people at the campus were very helpful and kind. Interviewed with three different people before being hired. Basic interview with the normal background checks.

Interview Questions

• What if the President of the school was the line and a call was coming in, which call would you answer first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me what I was asking for.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Great, flexible process, didn't allow for 2 week time frame to start

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave me what I asked for

Campus Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

Interview

Interview process was very strong and lengthy. I went through 5 rounds of interviews and felt every individual I spoke with was extremely professional. The company culture was highlighted and the mission was explained passionately.

Interview Questions

• Name three attributes your friends you use to describe you. Name three attributes your former employer would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked about salary every step of the hiring process and I insisted on where I needed to be to make a lateral move. I received my desired salary.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

The first phone interview took about 20 minutes and was with a recruiter for Corinthian Colleges. I was asked for a 2nd interview about a day later. The 2nd phone interview was with the director and the manager. It was going well (as in I was answering the questions pretty easily) until I had mentioned that I truly cared that I would be properly training the staff who would be supporting the students (in other words, the customers). I went on to talk about how the students were important when I was interrupted by the manager with a bad attitude. She basically did not like my answer because the students/customers are NOT important to Corinthian College and it's about making money, etc. No kidding, but shouldn't a proper organization still show that they care about their customers? That's how you make money, after all. How someone in a management position doesn't get that is beyond me. I wasn't feeling the negative vibes from the 2 interviewers and I definitely feel with my experience and ability to thoroughly answer the questions this process could have gone further, however, I did not let it. I told them that I was NOT interested in hearing any more from them and challenged the interviewers about why CC has so many negative employee reviews and their accreditation has been questioned more than once. They really had nothing to say about it. No answer back, no defense for their company. These are upper managers, remember. So I'd say heed the warning of many before you and if you are getting that "bad gut feeling" during the interview, it's for a reason. I know people who have worked for for-profit universities and they describe it as "an uncomfortable work environment with low morale where you're trying to get people who can't afford an education to pay large amounts of money for a degree that will get them nowhere."

Also, the company is a call center environment. Is that where you want to work?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me by phone and told me that he found my resume for the admissions position. then he set up an inperson interview with campus president and department director. Within a week, I interviewed with both. They were both nice and honest. At first the campus president was confused about which job I came there for. Afterwards, I received an offer letter from the recruiter and started the job within a month

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be in future?
      what do you know about our company and the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with local director of admissions, then phone interview with regional director of admissions. Then had a in person interview with director. Second interview with another director. Third interview with Regional Director in person. Fourth interview with local director again. Hired 3 months later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in August 2011.

Interview

Two interviews were done for the Admissions Rep position, as I was already an employee at the school in the Financial Department. When I interviewed originally for the Financial Aid Department, the process took several weeks to get the phone and in person interviews, the testing and the background check.

Interview Questions

• How will you persuade someone who is not interested in attending school online to come onboard and do it anyway?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotation on the pay. I did pretty good in pay though, as I was always on time, willing to stay late when necessary or asked to do so and a very dependable employee overall. I received good ratings on my calls.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Melrose Park, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

It was very unorganized and unprofessional.

They offered 35,000 salary and over 40 hours a week. No thanks

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in October 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from the Admissions Director asking me to call her when I had time to speak to her about the position, I then returned her call and was not able to reach her that next morning, then we played phone tag, so I guess it took about 2 days before we actually spoke. She then went on to ask me about my background and what I was looking for in a job, we spoke about my past experiences, then she requested that I come in for a face to face interview the following week. I arrived on time, she called me in right away and I met with her and one other person from admissions dept, they mainly asked about my collections background and sales and how would handle certain situations that arose while handling difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what would I do if a student was told by a girlfriend or boyfriend not to attend school, because they felt that the person pursuing their career would leave them after graduating?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with HR, with Direcotr, Reg.Director than VP of Admissions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations with this position. They are corporate and what they offer is what they offer.