Corinthian Colleges Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corinthian Colleges Interview Questions

2.7

Student Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

It was a great experience. They scheduled a group of us at the same time, took us up to a conference room, and then called us in one by one for a one-on-one interview with the call center supervisors. There were two supervisors interviewing one candidate at a time. They asked standard questions from a long packet and jot down notes as you answered. They asked standard questions like "tell me about yourself" and uncommon questions like "what is your definition of professionalism". Also prepare for situational questions like describe a time where you had a conflict with a coworker, how did you handle the situation. Also, prepare your answers in the STAR format. That impresses them if you even know what that is. It's a 45min-1hr interview. If you are interviewed last, prepare to wait for a couple of hours before you get interviewed. Be patient. They got like 3-4 sets of supervisors to interview but gotta wait for your turn cause these supervisors are busy so that's why they schedule in groups. They have group training dates

Interview Questions

• What is professionalism to you?   1 Answer

Campus Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges.

Interview

Interview process was very strong and lengthy. I went through 5 rounds of interviews and felt every individual I spoke with was extremely professional. The company culture was highlighted and the mission was explained passionately.

Interview Questions

• Name three attributes your friends you use to describe you. Name three attributes your former employer would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked about salary every step of the hiring process and I insisted on where I needed to be to make a lateral move. I received my desired salary.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

The first phone interview took about 20 minutes and was with a recruiter for Corinthian Colleges. I was asked for a 2nd interview about a day later. The 2nd phone interview was with the director and the manager. It was going well (as in I was answering the questions pretty easily) until I had mentioned that I truly cared that I would be properly training the staff who would be supporting the students (in other words, the customers). I went on to talk about how the students were important when I was interrupted by the manager with a bad attitude. She basically did not like my answer because the students/customers are NOT important to Corinthian College and it's about making money, etc. No kidding, but shouldn't a proper organization still show that they care about their customers? That's how you make money, after all. How someone in a management position doesn't get that is beyond me. I wasn't feeling the negative vibes from the 2 interviewers and I definitely feel with my experience and ability to thoroughly answer the questions this process could have gone further, however, I did not let it. I told them that I was NOT interested in hearing any more from them and challenged the interviewers about why CC has so many negative employee reviews and their accreditation has been questioned more than once. They really had nothing to say about it. No answer back, no defense for their company. These are upper managers, remember. So I'd say heed the warning of many before you and if you are getting that "bad gut feeling" during the interview, it's for a reason. I know people who have worked for for-profit universities and they describe it as "an uncomfortable work environment with low morale where you're trying to get people who can't afford an education to pay large amounts of money for a degree that will get them nowhere."

Also, the company is a call center environment. Is that where you want to work?

Instructor Interview

Interview

During interviewing process, 2 different people contacted me about the same appointment. It was obvious that the "right hand did not know what the left hand" was doing. The process took almost 2 months, as the people involved were at Corporate for a week while the interviews were going on.

High School Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Detroit, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I began my journey in June 2014. Each person I came in contact was very passionate about the position. I had 5 interviews and I enjoy each one. Each person had a great personality and genuinely wanted me abroad. Although the process was very long, it was worth it. I also got above my asking salary.

Interview Questions

• What are you asking for in salary? Why do you think you are right for this position?   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in May 2014.

Interview

The initial communication was by telephone call, which came one day after I had submitted my resume. The recruiter was very cordial and encouraging, and asked very job-specific questions. I felt comfortable describing my experience and telling why I felt I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was what would be a deal-breaker if it came down to a choice between this job and another from a company where I had also applied for a job.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very long for no reason i didn't like that. Dress nice i wear a suit. And they will try to intimidate you but dont be fooled itsva regular call center job.it just pays.the bills

Interview Questions

• What can you offer this company   2 Answers

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The people at the campus were very helpful and kind. Interviewed with three different people before being hired. Basic interview with the normal background checks.

Interview Questions

• What if the President of the school was the line and a call was coming in, which call would you answer first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me what I was asking for.

Director of First Impression Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I was referred to by an employer who at the time was the Assistant Education Director and was well known with the company. The interview process involved with meeting with the Director of Admissions, then the Director of Finance who was the immediate supervisor for the position. The next step if to meet the President of the campus, but I did not have to do so. But I did meet him the day of interviewing. A tour is taken around the campus, which allows you to see how things are ran daily, see friendly faces, encouraged students, and the building itself since the company is in a suite building neighboring around other companies.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall questions being too difficult. Questions were quite easy going.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself, have a positive attitude and a stand out personality. Dress to impress, and be prepared with extra paperwork like resumes or cover letters.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Corinthian Colleges in February 2014.

Interview

There 3 interviews: HR (1st), Program Director (2nd), and Dean (3rd). The interview process was an average experience depending on your interviewing experience. You must complete the online application process and if you are chosen then you are interviewed by Program Director then Dean.

Interview Questions

• There were none. It was a typical interview relating to one's teaching background and the Corinthian College Brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a