Corizon Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Staff Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (San Juan, PR) in October 2012.

Interview

Corizon executives traveled to Puerto Rico to interview physicians interested in working in Correctional setting in Florida. It was a general interview about work experience and ability to manage stressful situations. They also asked about family and previous employers. It was somewhat challenging because I had to analyze a clinical case from an actual inmate. They asked specific diagnoses and differential diagnosis about this case, which caught me a little off guard, but I managed to answer and was congratulated.

Interview Questions

• How many patients are you able to see in a day?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corizon Health in May 2015.

Interview

Filled with lies and clearly not prepared for the interview. Dryly read questions from a written format. I was told so many lies, I wish I'd recorded the whole thing. Naturally that isn't an option.

Negotiation

No it didn't occur.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Fresno, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The initial hiring process was really fast for me! I put in my application online on Monday at 4pm, I got a call back on Tuesday at 8am when an interview was set for Thursday. During my interview, I felt like she talked more than I did, explaining what working at the prison entailed, and even went into scheduling. I knew it was going really well at the end and I asked about when she would be making decisions and she said she would be calling the next afternoon. She went on to say that she did have to go through all the processes and proper protocol but she did not see why I wouldn't be getting a call from her. At 2pm Friday (the next day) she called to give me an offer and scheduled me to come in the following Monday to start the background check process.

Interview Questions

• It felt much more like a conversation than a question/answer session. Either this woman was really good at making me volunteer the info she wanted, or I was really good at interjecting her explanations of the job at the correct time with exactly what she wanted to hear. Maybe a little of both?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, she just told me that the job is based on experience and as a new grad this is what I would be paid.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter to DON and ADON, receive email from someone in New Jersey to meet somewhere in Alabama (I'm in Arizona). Once that was straightened out, met with recruiter in lobby of local hotel. While she appeared to be very disorganized with papers everywhere and a laptop falling of her chair, she was very friendly and pleasant. Probably the only person withing corporate Corizon that I would enjoy speaking with again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a prison?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if an inmate threatened to kill you or someone you knew?   1 Answer

Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rawlins, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Rawlins, WY) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was basic with warnings that correctional nursing was different than regular nursing. Was informed of various differences and asked how would handle such situations. When comfortable was given tour of facility and hired.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience as a nurse?
      How I would react to certain situations.   Answer Question

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corizon Health in March 2012.

Interview

I was a transfer from another company. There really wasn't any interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered with no allowance for negotiation

VPO Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corizon Health.

Interview

No interview, they contacted me based on my past employment and performance with CMS before CMS and PHS merged.

Negotiation

None

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Corizon Health.

Interview

The interview process was great but unfortunately what I was told I would be doing in the interview was not what I did on the job. The questions were great. I was allowed to expound on my skills and provide answers to what I would do in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer and keep your cool at the same time?   Answer Question

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetumpka, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Wetumpka, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

They take you in the prison and there are no guards in SIGHT!!!! I was terrified. You are literally surrounded my lifers. They were very unorganized, and i had a prisoner grab my arm.

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

Excellent, tour of facility and other team members involved in the process. Two stages, first interview with Director, second with team. Several questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What have your family members said to you when they found out you were applying for a job in jail?   1 Answer