Corizon Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.0

Registered Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy, very informal. Probably the least intense interview I've ever gone to! Don't stress about this one... We went over benefits, pay, start date, how the Indiana Department of Corrections does their training. (Lots and LOTS of training -- the academy by itself is almost 4 weeks worth of class!)

Heath Services Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was recruited and they wanted me so the interview was really just for show. We basically just shot the breeze because I knew he wanted to hire me because he recruited me for the job.

Interview Questions

• Stupid questions like strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The inerview was very easy but very unorganized. The site says one thing then you get a call from corporate with opposite information. This type of conflict continued after hire also.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they do not negotiate

Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corizon Health (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

Actually was pretty pleasant, the interview sold me on the job. Was more explaining the differences between private practice and correctional work life. I think they had already made up their minds after the first interview and before the group. I think they just wanted to make sure I sounded like my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Have you broken any laws or ethics that would show up in your back ground checks.   1 Answer
    • How are you qualified?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made it worth it to leave private practice.

Psychology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Peoria, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Answered online application for mental health clinician and received a call back within a week to set up a time for interview. Met with talent acquisition specialist and the lead psychologist. The interview was brief and welcoming. My credentials and prior experience were recognized and the attitude was positive indicating that they were interested in hiring. The next step of filling out the background check & completing a drug test was explained and all the paperwork to do so was given to me at the end of the interview along with business card from the talent acquisition specialist with number and email address to contact her for support. Completed both the drug test and background check. Received a call to begin training yet no mention of an offer or what the starting salary was which I explained to the administrative assistant who was very supportive. Eventually, it all came together and the offer was explained to me in detail and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Interview was through natural & relaxed conversation with regard to my clinical experience.   1 Answer
    • Open ended questions, one or two, about my experiences with feedback that the emphasis will be clinical rather than other tasks that don't apply to my clinical skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All my questions were answered but there was no negotiation due to already being payed the top of the pay scale yet much room to grow into a full time position as well as overtime available.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter to DON and ADON, receive email from someone in New Jersey to meet somewhere in Alabama (I'm in Arizona). Once that was straightened out, met with recruiter in lobby of local hotel. While she appeared to be very disorganized with papers everywhere and a laptop falling of her chair, she was very friendly and pleasant. Probably the only person withing corporate Corizon that I would enjoy speaking with again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a prison?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if an inmate threatened to kill you or someone you knew?   1 Answer

Director of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Extensive, involving front line staff. Transparent with areas of "opportunity"
    And realities of the job; tour provided and met with commander as well. Background screening and clearance are in-depth. Process well executed.

Licensed Practical Nurse Prn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cameron, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Cameron, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about two weeks later. It was a little confusing going into the building for the first time due to not knowing routines for the security check and the officers were in the middle of a shift change so it was busy. Someone from the medical building came up to get me and then I interviewed with the DON and ADON. They were both very friendly and answered all questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• The only formal interview question that I was asked was "What is one of your strong suits?".   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Brentwood, TN).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interviewer with the recruiter,then the recruiter gave access to the online application to fill out. The second interview was in person with the supervisor and the director.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with correctional healthcare?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Corizon Health (Florence, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Someone called to set up a date and time for a phone interview. Waited two hours past interview time then emailed recruiter who contacted interviewer. She emailed me stating she was busy and would call the next day. Three days later no call no email.