Cornerstone Home Lending Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornerstone Home Lending Interview Questions

Interviews at Cornerstone Home Lending

2.5

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending.

Interview

My interview process when very well...I was able to meet with both of the managers I would be working with and was offered the job the same day. The recruiter they used as very well informed and made the overall process very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter, a brief phone interview and overview of the position. 5 days later I was in the office, interviewing for the position. Very straight forward, personal and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience with pertaining software. Some personal questions.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Denver, CO) in December 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed, educational, important & caring. Overall the interview was the best interview I have ever had. I will recommend Cornerstone to whom ever asks. I will suggest Cornerstone to anyone looking.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking me to complete a few assessments and after completing those, I was offered the chance to interview over the phone. Following the phone interview, which was about 15 minutes, I was offered the chance to interview in person. I was scheduled the following week and was sent the information regarding when to arrive and what to wear. I dressed in business formal (slacks, suit jacket, tie, etc) and was interviewed in a conference room located right behind the front greeter desk. This was a bit intimidating considering everyone from current employees to clients were sitting within 10 feet of me and were from me by a glass wall. I would have preferred to been somewhere more closed off from the regular operations of the company and the clients there to finalize business. The in person interview took about an hour and I was pleased with the politeness from the staff and interviewer. Everything seemed to go very well and following the interview, the recruiter I had been corresponding with over the phone asked that I take another assessment identical to one I had already taken online. I sat in the same room and took the assessment a second time. He thanked me for coming in and told me it would be a few days before I heard anything. I was optimistic to say the least. The following day, I was emailed by the same recruiter letting me know that everything had gone very well and he asked that I complete another small character assessment and someone would be in contact soon. Following they conversation I waited about 5 days and sent a follow up email to him asking for an update. He responded within the same day and stated he didn’t have any new information for me but reiterated that everything went very well and I would be hearing something soon. Still mostly optimistic, I waited another week without any contact. I sent another follow up email curious as to the timeline to hear back. He replied the following day and stated that he everything went very well and that I was still in the running but that he did not have a decision at that time. After going over a week without any correspondence, I sent him a quick follow up email asking for a quick update. I waited 4 days with no reply before sending him another email asking for an update. He replied within an hour and stated the hiring manager was out of office and he did not have any new information for me. That last conversation has been over 2 weeks ago. It has now been a total of almost 6 weeks with notification of decision. I understand this process can be cumbersome and time consuming but when I would recommend not letting an interviewee know that it will be “a few days” before we let you know something if that is not the case. Cornerstone is a great company, as I have personally used their services, but their hiring process needs review. Even if a candidate is not selected, it’s only respectful to make them aware so they aren’t left wondering for weeks at a time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current responsibilities with your employer.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

I had to wait 30 min for the interviewer to come in, but it was ok. The interview was like any other interview. She really didn't ask any questions she just mainly explained the job.

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. One with the team lead, second one with Infrastructure and final with the hiring manager, It was a clear process. Since this was a new role they went over in detail the description of the job. The duties that needs to be completed and overall environment. They asked me about my experience and how this experience can be related to the current role.

Interview Questions

• My experiences from previous place   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

Initiated with in-house recruiting department - excellent department - then in-depth telephone interview with hiring manager. He then made a visit to my market for a face to face, followed by having me visit his office for a full day to meet all of his support staff.

Interview Questions

• What company have you worked for in your past where you really liked the culture, and why did you like it?   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Met with two different supervisors, answered questions and toured the offices. Discussed expectations from their side and mine. Took several quizzes, including one online from home and two in the office.

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Plano, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Management from San Antonio and Houston flew in to meet me for the interview. That made me feel important. They followed up in a timely manner and was very open to communication. Even though I took a cut in pay to make the move from my other employer, it was a move I will never regret.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my job history what were my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone Home Lending (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Lengthy phone screen, followed by an in person interview. In-person interview was a joke. Interviewer showed no interest because I got lost and showed up 10 minutes late (even though I attempted to notify them). I wasn't asked any questions and basically told that I have 5 minutes to ask any questions that I might have. Unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Cornerstone Home Lending Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Social Media Marketing Associate

We are very sorry to that you had this experience with Cornerstone. This is not typical of our culture and interview process. We strive to provide all those who take the time to explore Cornerstone a glimpse into who we are. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short here. If you would, please email me your contact information so that I can get some additional feedback from you to help us alleviate this from happening in the future. - Tom Lott, Director of Talent Acquisition - TLott@Houseloan.com